Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tools

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tools

I don't know where to put this question so I guess here is as good as any.
I bought a complete set of EDS tools about 8yrs about and they are still in pretty good shape, minus a couple of hex drives that I need to replace.
Now to my question, I bought a Hudy suspension arm reamer, the one with the plastic handle. I really like the feel of the handle over my EDS handles, and I'm inquiring if anyone using the Allen wrench or socket drivers are happy with the feel of wrenching with them.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I had a set of hudy allen tools with the "limited edition" type handles. Very similar to the Eds tool handles. My favorite handle, but I stripped a tip and was just not really impressed, especially for the price. Replaced the Tip and sold the set. Bought a set of MIP hexes, IMO the best tips. The handles can become slick with even a little grease or oil on them. My perfect tool would be the hudy or eds aluminum handles with MIP quality tips.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:52 AM
Tech Initiate

interesting, I've alway been under the impression that Hudy and EDS where one of the best brands for the quality of tips
Old 04-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

They are both great sets of tools... I mean like really really good, but I do agree MIP is a step above.

I have used EDS for years without complaint.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have used both Hudy & EDS but I'm starting to get fed up with the tips of them sapping off especially 1.5mm & 2mm hex in Hudy & 1.5mm hex EDS so I'll probably replace those & find something a lot better I know they should last more than one or two days
Old 04-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

I have no complants about EDS either, I'm just getting older and the bigger grip of the plastic Hudy handle is feeling better in my hand. I just looked up the MIP's, they look nice, I like how you can remove the tool from the handle and use a power drill. The handle remind me of screw drivers of another era.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The MIP tools I have the bits don't come out. They do have available drill bits though.

Hudy make very good tools, but I expect with extra premium prices for the tools to be outstanding.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also like the mips. I have had mine for a year and a half and haven't broke a tip or stripped a screw.