Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Hey guys, I've been a TC guy for years, but I started out with nitro and electric off-road. I raced some mod buggy last summer and did well, but sold all of my stuff to prepare for big TC races. Now my local track has redone the off-road track and it's going to be an A+ facility. So I'm ready to get back into electric off-road. Any chance you guys could answer some questions for me? Thanks in advance.
1. I'm getting a brushless system, but have decided which one. So...can the GTB 6.5 be set to a mode similiar to brushed stock motors?
2. Are AE or Losi coming out with new 2wd kits in the next few months?
3. Which is more race proven, the T4 or MF2?
4. What turn motors are the Neo and GTB6.5 comparable to?
For questiion 1 I dontt think there is a setting for that a llow of rpm. you how ever ccould get the 4300 novak brushless motor and use it with the GTB.
2. I have noot heard of a new 2WD electric kit from either company. I just dont know for sure. I wont think so.
3. AE or Losi well that more of a personal choice. I prefer AE that was the 1st RC I had 21 years ago. They have also been around the longest from the late 60s with slot cars.
4. Not sure of the Neo but the 6.5 GTB is somme thing like a 8 to 9 turn brushed motor and the 5.5 is like a 7 to 8 turn brushed motor. I have the 5.5 and the SS+5800 which is like a 10 to 11 brushed motor. very very nice I love brushless.
I would also invest in a Spektrum system that is very cool and so easy no more frequency to worry about. you can turn it in the pits.
Best of luck in decisions....Hope this shead some light for you....