Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need some imput here guys.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need some imput here guys.

OK so i'm think about getting in to gas stadium trucks. It either going to be the AD2 RC10GT FT or the Mugen MST-1. I run mostly Associated stuff now so i am sort of leaning that way. But the AD2 looks like it drive a little better. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 01-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It's a toss up. I run a gt so when I went electric I got a MF1. Haha, that lasted not to long. Traded for a T4 so all my shock parts and wheels would work on two trucks.

The losi gas trucks to me look like they stick better in the corners. But you can make a gt turn if you want to. Once again rumors of a new gt coming soon. But I quit holding my breath two summers ago for that to happen. I've not heard much about the mugen except that it's hard to get parts for. The gt is extremely durable, and is super easy to maintain. The only thing you really need to get for it is a mip 4in1 clutch. Most racers widen it also using the T4 rear cvd axels, and the wide front gt axels.

I'd see if you could drive one of each and just see what feels better.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I have owned both the rc10gt team kit and the ad1. Now I have the ad2. The problem you will run into on the gt is. Its harder to setup then the ad1 or 2. The lay out is the same but the ad2 is far better. The front suspension on the gt sucks because the arms are short a cause for shorter travel plus the front end is really light making you add weight up front to balance it out. Now the gt is great for bashing around in the yard but in my opinon its not that great for racing since you have to do so much to it to make it compete on the same level as losi's xxxnt. Thats why I switch to the xxx-nt last year. I found its balanced way better and easier to set up. But this is only my opinon. I have raced both for awhile and my pick is the ad2 hands down
Old 01-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've heard that on the gt some guys are some how putting the front end of a t4 on it to make it handle better. anyone heard of that?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

What kind of track surface do you run on? For sticky indoor tracks the Losi is at a huge advantage. Outdoors they are about even except the GT is quite a bit more durable. The GT setup is pretty easy as there is little point in changing it from track to track. It pushes on power pretty bad which can be a good thing if you run on slicker tracks. It turns well off power.

Don't bother with the MST1. It will require a lot of work to make it durable and the setup is difficult to find.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run mostly outdoors on torn up 1/8th scale tracks like revalations raceway, if you're familiar with southern CA. I do run on some preped tracks to but with handles roungh tracks better?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

I have a friend that put a t4 front end on his GT so it is possible.I run the MST1 and love it.But windell is right, you have to find the right parts to make it durable(brass idler gear and aluminum hex hubs).But i like having somthing different from everyone else and after drilling out the shock pistons its handleing like a dream.thing i hate most aboput it is the ballstuds are too big for other brand ballcups. I;ve seen lots of good from all 3 . Buy whatever you like and can get parts for at the hobby shop.

Later,
Jerry
Old 01-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Here's where to buy the T4 widening mods: T4 Mod

Some people have grafted the whole T4 front end onto there gt. But really thats kind of overkill and more expensive and not needed when all you need are the castor blocks, steering hubs, and axel.

From the racing I've done I think the gt is at home on loamy, rough 1/8 scale tracks. My buddy races a losi and I generally beat him on those type tracks and he beats me on the hard slick tracks. We need to get to the indoor traction track and compare them sometime. The durability of the gt I think is unmatched by any other truck elec or nitro.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

It kind of depends on how you want to drive too. The Losi will carve a nice turn on power. The GT you kind of throw into the corner, whip it around and power back out in a straight line. Either can go fast on SoCal tracks.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

not sure if you know this but you can get the MST-1 for I think 129.99 or 139.99, I saw it in one of the threads and its the newer version too.

For that price, I would be willing to try it out if I wanted to be different.

Right now just seems stadium truck nitro racing is dying out. AE needs to get another GT out to peak up some interest.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've seen the price of the MST-1 thats why i was wondering about it. AE was suppossed to come out with a new gt this year but now it may not be untill next year. thats why i was leaning more towards the ad2 cause it will be around for a while.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've seen the price of the MST-1 thats why i was wondering about it. AE was suppossed to come out with a new gt this year but now it may not be untill next year. thats why i was leaning more towards the ad2 cause it will be around for a while.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

sorry about the repost of the same one a guy i sit next to at school was been an @$$ sorry again
Old 01-15-2006, 08:14 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

thats why i was leaning more towards the ad2 cause it will be around for a while.
I wouldn't bet on it. Losi didn't have the AD1 out that long before the AD2 hit the shelves. And if Losi keeps gettin their rear ends spanked at all the Major races by the Ryans, a Tebo, and their GT's, they'll be putting out another truck before you know it...lol. Especially if Associated does actually come out with a new GT sometime this century! It's all about money, and selling you a new truck anyway...

Personally, I like the GT better. It's cheaper to get into, cheaper to maintain, easier to work on, more durable, and clearly just as fast. Yes some hop-ups on it make it better and even more durable, but as cheap as you can get into one now a days, it leaves you some room to put a little money into it and still not break the bank, and the hop-ups are almost endless if you're a hop-up freak. They're a lot of fun to upgrade...

The Losi has an easier all around set-up in my opinion, but the GT can be set-up just as well for any track.

Stay away from the Mugen.....Not one of their better projects, even though they are usually top notch!!

Like someone else said though...this is just MY opinion...
Old 01-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brad, did you finally decide to go for the GT???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.