Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Racer56556

4wd buggy???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 4wd buggy???

I'm having trouble deciding if I should keep my hot bodies d413 or pick up either the new Associated B64d or the Tekno eb410,is the new associated durable that's my main concern not that I wreck a lot or anything I just like to know I have a durable car any suggestions would be helpful thanks
Old 03-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Tech Prophet

If you want something new go for the B64d but if you like the way the d413 drives than keep it . I'm new to the D413 but its jumps and is pretty much the strongest 4wd buggy out there wears good just a little sloppy not a bad thing.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Comparison Review

Originally Posted by Swanyman13
I'm having trouble deciding if I should keep my hot bodies d413 or pick up either the new Associated B64d or the Tekno eb410,is the new associated durable that's my main concern not that I wreck a lot or anything I just like to know I have a durable car any suggestions would be helpful thanks
These videos I have found very useful in helping me to decide to get both models. lol: https://youtu.be/LqNnolkN04I; https://youtu.be/IgvSOz_AGWI
Old 03-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Drive the d413 until the eb410 comes out. I'd bet anything the d413 is still more durable than the b64d and it's already an amazing contender. No reason to leave the platform yet.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Drive the d413 until the eb410 comes out. I'd bet anything the d413 is still more durable than the b64d and it's already an amazing contender. No reason to leave the platform yet.
Ok sounds good I do really like the d413 because of its durability but a couple guys at my local track got B64d's and that's the only 4wd buggy that can run with my d413 and I don't really like the slop I have in the steering with the d413 so yeah I'll probably run it until it runs no more and then I'll consider buying the b64
Old 04-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I love the durability with the d413 and I bought the car used so here soon I'm going to end up buying the associated anyway just to have it because I really do like the car
Old 04-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Ok sounds good I do really like the d413 because of its durability but a couple guys at my local track got B64d's and that's the only 4wd buggy that can run with my d413 and I don't really like the slop I have in the steering with the d413 so yeah I'll probably run it until it runs no more and then I'll consider buying the b64
Maybe you just need to go through your steering rack and replace any worn parts. I really don't have much slop at all on my d413 except for a one ball cup that needs to get replaced.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like my d413 .. lots of people at my track have gotten the b64 and they are fast but lots of them are breaking.. seems like every race I pass at least 1 broken associated . I'm waiting to see the tekno myself . To Finish first you must first finish
Old 04-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Tech Prophet

If your looking at chooseing something strong in a 4wd buggy the D413 and this new Tekno coming out is the only ones .
Old 04-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

small sample size, but i have 3 race days on my B64 and i have yet to break anything. i had a 413 for about a year and a half and broke a ball cup and two front shock tower supports (the plastic a-frame, not the carbon fiber) and the car was down for weeks as nobody had the supports in stock.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

The B64 is an ok car. It has a few weak spots and lots of things do break. Its average on the breakability scale. The one upside is that its super easy to work on. That's its strong point. If you're concerned about breaking stick with the D413 or get an XB4. The 22-4 2.0 is also more durable than the B64. I have, or have had, them all. The D413 is a good car and if you're competitive with it I see no reason to make a change....unless you're just bored and want to try something new.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
small sample size, but i have 3 race days on my B64 and i have yet to break anything. i had a 413 for about a year and a half and broke a ball cup and two front shock tower supports (the plastic a-frame, not the carbon fiber) and the car was down for weeks as nobody had the supports in stock.

I don't know how you broke them things on that buggy ive jumped hugh triple jumps that were welded metal at a indoor clay track.

Part support now isn't to bad for that buggy .
Old 04-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I don't know how you broke them things on that buggy ive jumped hugh triple jumps that were welded metal at a indoor clay track.

Part support now isn't to bad for that buggy .
i know of several people in my area who broke rear camber link ball cups including myself. as for the front shock tower support, apparently i wasn't the only one as the part was sold out for literally weeks.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am going to put my answer this way as your main concern is durability. If the car as you said is showing to be durable, then I would stick with the car and let others be first run guinea pigs to find out any weaknesses on another platform. I'd even say that about the Tekno which I am very excited about.

The issues being reported by some with the AE car personally I think may be related to say a bad run of parts. But, even if it isn't, the vehicle is pretty new so over time AE I am assuming will beef up where they see fit.

Because of this reasoning to me, I ended up with 2 (actually 3 but sold the extra) D413s as they are cheap to buy, pretty durable and they are popular at the track I attend for indoor carpet due to those facts, so variety of people can support each other on parts.

Performance wise it works great too and still has backing from a race team.

All in all, very happy with the car.

If you are wanting that "new feeling", I will say the Exotek chassis with exotek diff mount can give you that. The main complaint I have with the car is getting to the center diff with the stock setup. Really a pain compared to other designs. The front an drear diffs are not too back fo rme at least,l but man that center ... lol. Now, should be much better.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Xray XB4.... I previously had a D413 for about 1.5yrs and switched to the 2016 XB4 back in December. Absolutely love the XB4 how easy it is to work on for maintenance and the build was super smooth and easy. The car is very durable and dependable a lot more set-up options IMO.

I'm able to drive the XB4 harder than I could with the D413 and was nice to prove out on same layout before doing a track change.