R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #1
Tech Regular
Default A Grand day out

Well, after the buggy scene at our club blew up, I decided to buy a b4 to accompany my Surikarn Evo. I paid 85 ($150) for a Team B4, GM Esc (Now Broke), Peak 19t V2, 2x Sanyo 2000's, Reciever, Cheapy Servo.

Well, i chucked in a different esc due to the GM suddenly conking out. Then I put in my 33's for better duration. After my poor practice night on wednesday, I was a bit annoyed but determined. On saturday night, ready to race with it I stuck it on the track and it was still skidding out at the back. Then, a club member comes to my rescue. Spends half an hour putting new rear turnbuckles on as mine were too big and had positive camber. Then he gave me a set of his minispikes as they were much better than the ones I had. I tried it and wow! the car was taking corners with ease. My previous 24second laps were now 22second laps!
I took the car out to race my first heat and it was amazing, my first buggy race and it was tense, weaving in and out, taking jumps. I finished out of the 8 in my heat 4th! yes 4th, first ever buggy race and I got 4th, 14laps in 5mins 11. Then I raced 30mins later and boy, I ripped! 3rd place, 14 laps in 5mins 7. Then the 3rd race, it was a lot harder, sticking up carpet slowed me down on a jump and even flipped me over so I posted a 4th place but with 12laps in 5mins 8s. Then the final. The A final had 10 drives, the B final 10 drivers and the C final 4 drivers. I qualified 6th in the B, very happy with it. In the final I loved it, cars flying everywhere, after a jump I even landed on the top of another car and got stuck, after it finished I thought I did well, 6th place I finished, not too bad but could have done better, with 12laps in 5 mins 3seconds but I set my fastest lap of the night, previously in the night it was a 19.3 second, this time I set a 18.7 second lap. I wasnt ecstatic with my result but not too down and it was a great racing day and I love my buggy!
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:42 PM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Sounds like good stuff dude. You must get a really good turnout at races for 2wd buggy, wish we had that kind of participation in electric buggy here.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote