Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 05:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Suggestions

Hello, I want to get back into 1/10 RC racing and looking for a stadium truck. I have looked at Traxxas (Slash and rustler), Team Associated (RC10SC5), and Redcat (Blackout). Looking for any suggestion you may have.

Thank you
Dave
Old 02-03-2017, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

My opinion only in the order that you listed them. Traxxas is a really high grade toy great for competition in a group of the same vehicle. Associated is a competition vehicle. Redcat is barely above a Walmart level toy.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderpigeon
Hello, I want to get back into 1/10 RC racing and looking for a stadium truck. I have looked at Traxxas (Slash and rustler), Team Associated (RC10SC5), and Redcat (Blackout). Looking for any suggestion you may have.

Thank you
Dave
Stick with the RC10SC5 if you want to race and grow your tuning skills. Everything else you've listed will likely leave you wanting for more when it comes to track time. Also in SC form the associated has some pretty robust bumpers and body. So bashing is always still an option with some minor changes, but when it comes to race day youll be a lot happier.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Stadium or sc ?

Originally Posted by SCserfur
Stick with the RC10SC5 if you want to race and grow your tuning skills. Everything else you've listed will likely leave you wanting for more when it comes to track time. Also in SC form the associated has some pretty robust bumpers and body. So bashing is always still an option with some minor changes, but when it comes to race day youll be a lot happier.
U said stadium truck the. Listed sc trucks. If stadium truck u should look at Team Losi 22t 3.0. Coming out soon. X-ray xt2. And associated t5m.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Kyosho RT6 is 320 at Amain right now. I've been super impressed at the performance and quality of my new RB6.6 buggy. Kyosho shocks are the best in the business. Parts in the kit to run rear or mid motor. Check out the review on shortcourseworld at youtube.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Check were you plan on racing. Stadium truck classes have fallen off and SCT has become more popular. If you plan on seriously racing would get a Losi sct 3.0 or Team Associated RC10SCM5 kit.