R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-28-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Parking lot off road racing help

We have a handful of guys that want to race on a paved parking lot with plywood jumps. So what should I make the track with?
the track will not be clean (some loose gravel) so what tires would work the best and not wear out in 1 race. Slicks or a tire with pattern?
Thanks for any thoughts or info
Slapuchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd think RTR style tires, or one of the street tires. For example, the Proline Street Fighter.

I would make sure the landings for your jumps are sufficiently long such that you can downside them. Or even have a few sheets of plywood down as your landing zone, if you're planning to just land on flat ground. Better yet, cover the plywood with some cheap outdoor carpet. Otherwise, I imagine you are going to destroy your chassis in no time.

I also suggest racing Short course trucks. Buggies and stadium trucks both have too much potential for carnage flipping over on pavement. Short course trucks really protect everything with their large bodies though. Stadium trucks might not be too bad as the towers are covered by the body, but buggies would definitely get trashed.
Callaway is offline   Reply With Quote