R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-26-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default How do you set end points with a gangsta stock radio?

what's up fellers?

I just picked up a Savox 1258 to toss into my sc10. all stock electronics and i'll be installing soon. from various posts i've read it seems important to set the end points on the servo as to not cause any damage to the system.

well, most of you have fancy radios that have this adjustment native, i only have the stock XP2 system with the twirly knobs and I'm fairly certain this adjustment is not on there. Is this is as simple as adjusting the dual rate so it won't throw so far? I'm unsure of any other way to do this.

Yes, i need a new radio but it's not in the cards ATM.

Thanks!
motorcitymuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcitymuscle View Post
what's up fellers?

I just picked up a Savox 1258 to toss into my sc10. all stock electronics and i'll be installing soon. from various posts i've read it seems important to set the end points on the servo as to not cause any damage to the system.

well, most of you have fancy radios that have this adjustment native, i only have the stock XP2 system with the twirly knobs and I'm fairly certain this adjustment is not on there. Is this is as simple as adjusting the dual rate so it won't throw so far? I'm unsure of any other way to do this.

Yes, i need a new radio but it's not in the cards ATM.

Thanks!
I don't think you can adjust endpoints on that radio if it's the old AM system. But generally if you Center the steering servo before you install the servo horn, you dont need much more adjusting other than trim.
EbbTide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

find a servo horn with several holes in it and pick the bottom one, the higher up the horn the more travel it has. make sure everything is square and center and it should be close left to right on the bias.
greener74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

it's using the 2.4ghz tech, but it certainly isn't fancy.

To set zero i'm basically just plugging in the servo and adjusting the steering trim so it's dead in the middle right? and then just installing the horn from there? I might pick up a fancy aluminum one, but all i have at the moment is the stock plastic horn so i'll give that a go.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dual rate will do it, it just does both sides to the same limit rather than separate left/right like you can do with EPA.
tsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

thanks all.

i couldn't seem to get the horn straight up and down so my trim knob is sitting about 1 o'clock to get the truck to track straight. so, i can see where a custom epa would be beneficial.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

D/R, I had that radio. I had a hard time figuring out but eventually did. But one of the knobs that says d/r will adjust your endpoints. Turn full L or R and turn the knob till your end points are set. Check to see where the knob is when your done and always check the knob before a run to make sure you didn't accidentally turn the knob while traveling.
racingnewb is offline   Reply With Quote