Wiki Posts
Search

My B6 first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ
Thanks I saw that but I wasn't asking a question regarding the vehicle..threads like this and build threads if you read the rules are allowed..you should apply to be a mod since you prance around here like one
Your title: "My B6 first impressions", correct?

Might wanna read the rules if ya wanna stay around for a while
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html

But please feel free to be a DB to people that have been here WAY longer than you and can follow the rules...
Old 01-27-2017, 07:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Your title: "My B6 first impressions", correct?

Might wanna read the rules if ya wanna stay around for a while
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html

But please feel free to be a DB to people that have been here WAY longer than you and can follow the rules...

You must have missed the post where a real mod already posted in this thread..
Old 01-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)

I have a stupid question to throw out there....

Just getting back into racing and I am considering running this class. Can't believe all the differest changes with in the different manufacturers and these buggies now a days.

I have been very interested in the B6D, but here is the stupid question, in a stock spec class, how well do you think a RC10 Worlds rerelease would fair? Maybe with a carbon chassis....

Was thinking that being stock class it may not be that far off.

This car looks awesome though. Just in the little research I've done, its probably the most popular buggy at my locals.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ffpm46

Just getting back into racing and I am considering running this class. Can't believe all the differest changes with in the different manufacturers and these buggies now a days.

I have been very interested in the B6D, but here is the stupid question, in a stock spec class, how well do you think a RC10 Worlds rerelease would fair? Maybe with a carbon chassis....

This car looks awesome though. Just in the little research I've done, its probably the most popular buggy at my locals.
I'm in the same position...I have a B3 and all the guys keep saying it will be fine on loose dirt like outside but on the high bite inside stuff (clay/carpet) if you don't have a new car w/ laydown transmission you might as well just stay home.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by lavazhole
I'm in the same position...I have a B3 and all the guys keep saying it will be fine on loose dirt like outside but on the high bite inside stuff (clay/carpet) if you don't have a new car w/ laydown transmission you might as well just stay home.
ffpm what kind of track are you going to be running on? If you're a good driver you can drive anything but newer cars in my opinion make things easier as the designs just keep getting better which in turn should make your lap times better. What this all boils down to is lap times and consistency, at least for me. The worlds car is a fairly old design (unless the new one is a new design, I haven't seen it yet) and I think you're going to have a hard time with the best guys running the newer models. All the new cars from each manufacturer are just making it easier for us to drive. I'm not a great driver, more of a decent driver in an intermediate class. The B6 has made me look like a great driver. Thats really all I can say about that car. Again "for me" it has been nothing short of fantastic.

lavazhole I have witnessed most of the cars/trucks at my track slowly convert to lay down trans. They aren't looking back and yes we are a high bite track. It really allows you to stay on the power through turns without as much fear of traction rolling. No doubt lap times are showing that this is a great improvement. Also most are running 3 geared trans on the clay and 4 gear for outdoor. So if your running a 4 gear stand up on your high bite track maybe try running a 3 gear and see how that treats you. Can you get a 3 gear for the B3? I'm not even sure lol
Old 01-27-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The b3 wont have as much stering as a b6
Old 01-27-2017, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)

ffpm what kind of track are you going to be running on? If you're a good driver you can drive anything but newer cars in my opinion make things easier as the designs just keep getting better which in turn should make your lap times better. What this all boils down to is lap times and consistency, at least for me. The worlds car is a fairly old design (unless the new one is a new design, I haven't seen it yet) and I think you're going to have a hard time with the best guys running the newer models. All the new cars from each manufacturer are just making it easier for us to drive. I'm not a great driver, more of a decent driver in an intermediate class. The B6 has made me look like a great driver. Thats really all I can say about that car. Again "for me" it has been nothing short of fantastic.

lavazhole I have witnessed most of the cars/trucks at my track slowly convert to lay down trans. They aren't looking back and yes we are a high bite track. It really allows you to stay on the power through turns without as much fear of traction rolling. No doubt lap times are showing that this is a great improvement. Also most are running 3 geared trans on the clay and 4 gear for outdoor. So if your running a 4 gear stand up on your high bite track maybe try running a 3 gear and see how that treats you. Can you get a 3 gear for the B3? I'm not even sure lol
Thanks for the input. Makes a lot of sense. Probably start looking for a good conditon used B6.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks for the input. Makes a lot of sense. Probably start looking for a good conditon used B6.

DO any of your friends have a b6 that you can run and see if it suits you?
Old 01-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm interested in your set up advice just out of curiosity. I already sold both of my Yok's and all my parts.

Also Mattox Designs makes the chassis protectors for those of you interested:

http://www.stickersmakeyoufaster.com...kins_p/s43.htm
Sorry for the delay.

Basicaly I've found that the rear geometry is very flawed, mainly on the YZ2 but also on the B5/22 series. The problem is the rear camber link is too long for the amount of roll the cars have. Or you choose less roll (higher rear roll centre and/or rear roll bar) or increase amount of dynamic camber aka camber gain (shorter rear camber link length).
Old 01-30-2017, 07:51 AM
Tech Initiate

It has a 3 gear looks like the stealth in it. I just ran it for the first time in 20 years this weekend and it ran o.k. I'm not sure I've driven it enough to have an opinion while trying to dodge the Slash trucks and not get run over by the out of control 1/8 mod truggys. The biggest thing I could see is there was no on throttle steering so I need to make some adjustments to help with that. I also need different tires, etc. To get what I need would be about as much as just buying a used b5m and trying the yokomo laydown in it. Might as well go brushless in the process....it's only money right...
Old 02-02-2017, 02:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm in love with this car. It just keeps getting better. I have never in my life driven this consistent. It is so easy to drive and put it exactly where I want to on the track. We didn't have our normal class of sportsman stock buggy (aka-beginning stock buggy) so it looks like I murdered the field but the difference in lap times from my top 5, top 10 and top 15 is minimal. This thing is performing and making me look much better then I am. I should have ran 24 laps but I pulled over cuz I punted someone and I waited til they got marshalled. Cost me 36 seconds but it didn't really matter in this race anyways. As far as consistency goes though it doesn't get much better then this, now I just need to shave another half a second off my lap times and I'll be ready to rock and roll with the big boys

Old 02-02-2017, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Love the underside of the chassis !!!!