Search
Like Tree197Likes

Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Michal's KC
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy-img_0215.jpg   Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy-img_0214.jpg  

Last edited by Tony Newland; 01-22-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for posting these Tony. Definitely looking forward to mine showing up.

I think Michal did pretty well given the circumstances. The car was competitive all weekend and in rounds 4-6 there was a significant improvement relative to the field. Makes me think they made a setup change that was a difference maker. That or just the groove coming in as you mentioned.

That being said, based on the footage available, he definitely looked uncomfortable out there in practice until the 4th round. He was making mistakes at a rate I have never seen from him during the EOS carpet races. Shorting jumps, grip rolling and blown corners etc. There were some hero laps but the consistency wasn't there. I watched footage from the last EOS race and DHI and he just threw down perfect laps like a machine almost the whole time on the carpet.

I don't have any idea what is like for guys at this level to make the adjustments in their driving technique necessary to adjust for the different types of surfaces. Maybe it is not too hard for them. But Michal definitely was not performing at the level he typically does. What you guys think?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Thanks for posting these Tony. Definitely looking forward to mine showing up.

I think Michal did pretty well given the circumstances. The car was competitive all weekend and in rounds 4-6 there was a significant improvement relative to the field. Makes me think they made a setup change that was a difference maker. That or just the groove coming in as you mentioned.

That being said, based on the footage available, he definitely looked uncomfortable out there in practice until the 4th round. He was making mistakes at a rate I have never seen from him during the EOS carpet races. Shorting jumps, grip rolling and blown corners etc. There were some hero laps but the consistency wasn't there. I watched footage from the last EOS race and DHI and he just threw down perfect laps like a machine almost the whole time on the carpet.

I don't have any idea what is like for guys at this level to make the adjustments in their driving technique necessary to adjust for the different types of surfaces. Maybe it is not too hard for them. But Michal definitely was not performing at the level he typically does. What you guys think?
Yep, early on the car looked distinct from the other cars out there in its behaviour. Toward the end, it started looking really good. still didn't look to jump as well as the other cars.

Every one has bad days/events. I haven't seen that many mistakes from him in any of the other events I watched (which is obviously a small sample). The amount of times he was short on a jump was what made me think he was just having a bad day.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Dirt is night and day different to carpet. There's no comparison. I talked to Tristam all weekend and the biggest struggle they had was breaking tires in. They're not allowed to do anything to the tires other than run them on the track. They finally broke in the 4th round and lap times dropped. They changed a few things after the tires were good and picked up more time. Getting a 2nd overall in the 5th round I believe is an achievement to say the least imo
Old 01-22-2017, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

I also believe when the car is on true high high bite will shine. Our track is better than ocrc on an average day. I was surprised what some consider high bite when I raced reedy last year. Medium imo compared to our dirt. It should be very good here
Old 01-22-2017, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, this event is kind of rough in that they keep the tires on lock down. They impound them and even have a control sauce and "saucing area". I guess it makes sense for competition at this level but seems to favor the hometown boys a little. And it certainly doesn't reflect what the average club racer is dealing with.

The local track I run on is probably medium bite Fall-Spring. But in the Summer it gets humid and the slicks come out and it is high bite. I think this car with motor position 4 will be incredible during slick season. Position 3 might even be possible. During the rest of the year on med bite I'll either try the KD or KC with position 4 and rear mounted shocks. I am betting the car will be a little more planted at the expense of some rotation/ corner speed.

And then there is that astro track opening up soon.....
Old 01-22-2017, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

I think the debut went well. Everyone he's racing against has 1000s of laps on that track and surface. Control tires or not I would say Michal is at the biggest disadvantage of all the invite drivers. The next time he races in dirt will probably be the worlds in China lol. He runs on carpet. I'm sure if reedy was on carpet he would have similar advantages.

I'm impressed with the car. It developed through the weekend just like we expected and I can't wait wait to get mine!!! Been gluing tires all weekend so I'm ready to run packs when it shows up lol
Old 01-22-2017, 06:44 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Having controlled tires and sauce does the exact opposite of favoring locals. Would you rather let it be a free for all. Having locals with intimate knowledge about when tires/foams come in there, which specific sauces work., pre breaking in tires/foams etc.? Makes no sense. I look forward to seeing more Schumacher cars

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Yeah, this event is kind of rough in that they keep the tires on lock down. They impound them and even have a control sauce and "saucing area". I guess it makes sense for competition at this level but seems to favor the hometown boys a little. And it certainly doesn't reflect what the average club racer is dealing with.

The local track I run on is probably medium bite Fall-Spring. But in the Summer it gets humid and the slicks come out and it is high bite. I think this car with motor position 4 will be incredible during slick season. Position 3 might even be possible. During the rest of the year on med bite I'll either try the KD or KC with position 4 and rear mounted shocks. I am betting the car will be a little more planted at the expense of some rotation/ corner speed.

And then there is that astro track opening up soon.....
Old 01-22-2017, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Car looks Sick in above pic, Saving up for this one for sure. Cannot wait. Schuey has been on their game and know what the racers want. They listen to us, and give us what we want. Cannot wait, thats for sure. Tony when you get yours, you gotta let us know how she is budd.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Ya I support the handout controlled tires. I raced in open last year and made the amain. Everyone being on equal tires makes a huge difference in leveling the field. Makes it more about the driver than secrets
Old 01-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

No I totally agree with the handout controlled tires and the reasoning here ^^^

I think what I meant to say was that for a given handout tire the local guys probably have a better understanding of the limitations, setup changes required and what break-in period to expect, the window of best performance, etc. And then act accordingly.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

I didn't see any locals driving away from me. Our results varied a to b main by one mistake. Not even needing a marshal. A simple brush of a pipe or tangle with someone and you slowed down enough to drop 5 spots. The invite guys all know what to do to the tires.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
I didn't see any locals driving away from me. Our results varied a to b main by one mistake. Not even needing a marshal. A simple brush of a pipe or tangle with someone and you slowed down enough to drop 5 spots. The invite guys all know what to do to the tires.
Tire knowledge I agree is key! However, he could be more aggressive, he got passive at times!
Old 01-23-2017, 01:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Michal's KC
Is that not a KD with stock motor position?
Old 01-23-2017, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cookie1892
Is that not a KD with stock motor position?
No it's the KC with the transmission in position 4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.