Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree197Likes

Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default No issues

I'm finding it strange that kits/parts are not correct. I've built: SX-3, K1, K1 Aero, SV-2 x 2, and owned a KF. The build and parts quality were right up there with TRF kits and better than any others. All parts present and ZERO trimming required.
I just finished building a TLR 22 4.0. All of the parts were there but it was a brutal build. The holes didn't seem to be tapped correctly if at all. Ended up stripping 3 heads and two threads. Had to use a tap screw almost everywhere and the tap screw came out too hot to touch at times. Also wore out my 2.5 mm wrench. I then bought a front A/R bar kit and the holes for the set screws were tapped incorrectly.
I am deeply missing Schumacher build and parts quality. Only reason I went to the TLR is because Schuey won't come out with a lay-down gearbox for the "K" platform (my track recently went to astro). 3 gears and a belt is taking it a little too far.
If indeed the quality is suffering, it is something new and unusual!
Old 07-14-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any suggestions for carpet setup with slicks? (Proline Primes) I've tried to go from position 4>3>2 and it got pretty undriveable the further forwards i went, i just don't think there is enough grip to go that far forwards on slicks (I was seriously shredding the surface of the rear tires-thery were hot!).

I tried Orlowski's carpet set up- but obviously, that's for using mini spikes/staggers- it's simply too much on slicks!

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions other than what i've done so far.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy-img_20170629_203502.jpg   Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy-img_20170629_203535.jpg  

Last edited by oldernoob; 07-14-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jowz
What a Cluster.... Monday I went to send my kit back for an exchange because it was missing like 11 bags of parts Amain said they were out of stock and I'd have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to get a new KC in, so reluctantly I opted for a refund on my Card. I sent Schumacher an e-mail with my issues & to ask how much USD for the car, shipping & long I'd have to wait for them to ship me out one directly from them in the UK. Not one word back from Schumacher guess they don't want my $$$. Went on Amain site today and they had one in stock. Called them and said don't credit back my card just send me the one you have. Been going through a lot of hoops for this car, hope it's worth it. Any more missing parts or anything wacky and I'm going back to Losi. Still unimpressed with Schumacher not returning my email.
You had any feedback yet?
Old 07-15-2017, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by oldernoob
You had any feedback yet?
Yes. Schumacher got back to me via e-mail & apologized and gave me the contact info of who I needed to talk to at discount RC in the event of further issues. The build went well, it was missing 1 ball stud & 1 ball cup was defective and would not click into the stud. Luckily I had random parts to make it work until I could make an order of extras I needed. I love the car it handles awesome on my local carpet track & so far is holding up well with no broken parts. All in all I'm happy with my purchase.
Taz_S, qcrc, MelKF2 and 1 others like this.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jowz
Yes. Schumacher got back to me via e-mail & apologized and gave me the contact info of who I needed to talk to at discount RC in the event of further issues. The build went well, it was missing 1 ball stud & 1 ball cup was defective and would not click into the stud. Luckily I had random parts to make it work until I could make an order of extras I needed. I love the car it handles awesome on my local carpet track & so far is holding up well with no broken parts. All in all I'm happy with my purchase.
Glad you got there eventually and are enjoying the car!
Taz_S and jowz like this.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Orlowski takes 2nd in 2wd at Euro's

Taz_S, qcrc, oldernoob and 2 others like this.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

It'll be interesting to see his setup on his KC with them running on dirt.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:46 AM
Tech Initiate

KC with motor on position 4. Schocks on the front!

A lot of racers ran low gearboxes and shocks on the front. Even swaybars are used.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paultje040

A lot of racers ran low gearboxes and shocks on the front. Even swaybars are used.
Ball diff or gear diff??
Old 07-22-2017, 03:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

The traction may have been high on the euros...though it looks dusty in spots.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Istagram post shows rear shocks are on the rear of the arms and not the front..

Originally Posted by Paultje040

Old 07-24-2017, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Cant share FB photos here on the cellphone.

Trust me. I have sevaral photos of front mounted shocks of Orlowski's car @ the Euro's.

I notice these are from practice/quali.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Orlowski did state that they were changing the car every round, probably tried shocks on the rear at some point (early).
jbrook likes this.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

His car did look pretty good on that loose dirt, might have to try that shock position at some point..
Old 07-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Love my KC so far, just a few Noob setup questions for you guys. I run on a high traction tight carpet track. I run a 17.5. My motor is in position #1 (all the way fwd) I moved my rear shocks to the front of the arm.
-What ride height should I be at or start testing at?
- I have a 76t slipper eliminator, what pinion should I start at if I need fast out of corner/punchy acceleration, since it's tight & technical.
-If I stay with the slipper what pinion should I use?
-And lastly what is a good way to measure belt tension?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.