Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Project 22-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Project 22-4

Those of you that have seen my other projects this one started with my Project xx-24.

TLR did more or less what I did when creating their new 4wd so I had to get one. I haven't done much to this yet but I have done some stuff that people might be interested in so here goes.

The first modification I did was to install a shorty servo. Haven't seen anyone do this mod yet!

This one is really easy. Just mount the servo underneath then trim down the rear servo mount. Done like dinner!

The only other thing you have to do is screw in the ball stud on top of the servo arm. Everything clears like it was meant to be that way.

This winter I started running on carpet and haven't changed from the kit setup. I was going to pull the shocks apart and limit the travel but I was sitting at my desk looking at the 2wd buggy I am designing with 22 arms on it. Started wondering why Losi didn't use gull wing arms, aside from copying the original xx-4 geometry. So not being smart enough to leave things alone I started putting on the arms instead of limiting the shocks.

Yah gotta admit that looks cool!!!!!

Those are 3.0 front arms.

Those are 2.0 rear arms because they have shock mounting holes on both sides of the arm. This allowed me to put the shocks on the front of the arms. All I had to do was drill holes for the sway bar.

One other thing I tried was moving the wing forward so I can keep as much down force as possible without taking away as much steering. I think I like this mod but I want to get the shock and spring package figured out before coming to a conclusion.

So far I am happy with everything I have done so far but it will require more testing. I think I will have to make some new shock towers to correct the geometry. What I have might work for carpet but I will have to mount the shocks lower on the towers for off road. This will also work for carpet because it will lower the CG. I can also take that opportunity to take what I learned from Project SCTE and Project TLR 22 to design the towers to aid in aero.