R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #91
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Quick question for you guys. There is an indoor track near me that is medium-high to high traction (according to those that run there). Which version would you recommend? For some reason I am leaning towards the KC, mainly for the fact that it is quite different than anything else out there. On this track I would say that about half of the 2wd guys are running laydown. The track is Hi Performance hobbies in Hutchinson KS. Would I be much better off with a KD? Thanks in advance!
Swass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #92
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Pueblo, Co
Posts: 283
Default High grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swass View Post
Quick question for you guys. There is an indoor track near me that is medium-high to high traction (according to those that run there). Which version would you recommend? For some reason I am leaning towards the KC, mainly for the fact that it is quite different than anything else out there. On this track I would say that about half of the 2wd guys are running laydown. The track is Hi Performance hobbies in Hutchinson KS. Would I be much better off with a KD? Thanks in advance!
You are correct! KC would be spot on! Position 4
MelKF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #93
Tech Champion
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,764
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Ya if the fast guys run laydown I would lean towards the KC. If it doesn't always have high bite you could always swap to the KD rearend
__________________
Schumacher Factory Team - Core RC - Highest Servos - Avid - Lunsford - Bellgate Distributors - Jconcepts - www.Prime-hobby.com - IRCR
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:02 PM   #94
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,386
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Wow! Cat XLS re release in March. Were can I pre order one.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #95
Tech Champion
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,843
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Am I the only one who remembers what a nightmare those Cat XLS' were to work on? lol

Oh, and 3 words for ya': "Flat.Head.Screws."
__________________
"I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head."

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #96
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,386
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Hopefully the re release has metrix hex style screws?
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #97
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 253
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Am I the only one who remembers what a nightmare those Cat XLS' were to work on? lol

Oh, and 3 words for ya': "Flat.Head.Screws."
The CAT XLS was my first Schumacher, totally scarred me as the flat blade slipped and gouged my hands!
oldernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:46 PM   #98
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swass View Post
Quick question for you guys. There is an indoor track near me that is medium-high to high traction (according to those that run there). Which version would you recommend? For some reason I am leaning towards the KC, mainly for the fact that it is quite different than anything else out there. On this track I would say that about half of the 2wd guys are running laydown. The track is Hi Performance hobbies in Hutchinson KS. Would I be much better off with a KD? Thanks in advance!
Hey from my experience with the KD and KC and I have run at that track in '15 I think it was fall classic? Anyways ... KD is your best option.

Good rule of thumb guys as a lot of people have different views on high bite if your not running gold (clay compounds) run down to ghost pins and pulling a wheelie ... It's not high bite
SuttonAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #99
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks for the responses gentlemen.. I think I will go with a KD and buy the conversion kit if I ever run on carpet or turf. What motor do you recommend for Mod?

SuttonAviation, you are correct about the Fall Classic being ran there.
Swass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:34 AM   #100
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swass View Post
Thanks for the responses gentlemen.. I think I will go with a KD and buy the conversion kit if I ever run on carpet or turf. What motor do you recommend for Mod?

SuttonAviation, you are correct about the Fall Classic being ran there.
Really motor size depends on your skill level .... I run a 7.5 but I usually recommend an 8.5.
SuttonAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:48 AM   #101
Tech Champion
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,764
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

I agree Billy. High bite is commonly mistaken for.

For example ocrc isn't high bite imo. But it is for many others. Ocrc on main day is like our track on the first night. Our track gains grip very fast. After the first night we're pretty much on slicks. Laydown cars wheelie. On a 110x60 track 14sec laps is high bite lol

When you see 4wd cars wheelie. There's a lot of bite
__________________
Schumacher Factory Team - Core RC - Highest Servos - Avid - Lunsford - Bellgate Distributors - Jconcepts - www.Prime-hobby.com - IRCR
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #102
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
I agree Billy. High bite is commonly mistaken for.

For example ocrc isn't high bite imo. But it is for many others. Ocrc on main day is like our track on the first night. Our track gains grip very fast. After the first night we're pretty much on slicks. Laydown cars wheelie. On a 110x60 track 14sec laps is high bite lol

When you see 4wd cars wheelie. There's a lot of bite
Agreed I wouldn't say high bite for OCRC until the last day after a million laps ...
I gotta make it down your way soon track sounds awesome!
SuttonAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #103
Tech Champion
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,764
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Ok guys I got Lunsford to put together some turnbuckles for the KD/KC for us and I have a bunch on the way... they're on the site for a special price for the Schumacher guys. They'll be here in a couple days

http://prime-hobby.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=1058
__________________
Schumacher Factory Team - Core RC - Highest Servos - Avid - Lunsford - Bellgate Distributors - Jconcepts - www.Prime-hobby.com - IRCR
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #104
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Ok guys I got Lunsford to put together some turnbuckles for the KD/KC for us and I have a bunch on the way... they're on the site for a special price for the Schumacher guys. They'll be here in a couple days

http://prime-hobby.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=1058
ordered!
cjmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:15 AM   #105
Tech Champion
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,764
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Got it!
__________________
Schumacher Factory Team - Core RC - Highest Servos - Avid - Lunsford - Bellgate Distributors - Jconcepts - www.Prime-hobby.com - IRCR
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schumacher KR 2wd buggy Wavewrecker R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 04-19-2017 08:26 AM
Schumacher KF2 2WD Buggy OriginalDonk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 08-24-2015 09:47 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net