R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Any News on a RC10T6

Just wondered if any news about a new stadium truck from Associated had been leaked?
Old 12-22-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

There will be a new one released.
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
Tech Addict

sweet. Holding off until then
Old 12-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #4
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwaeracer View Post
Just wondered if any news about a new stadium truck from Associated had been leaked?
I would guess there will be but it will be several months away. the current truck is still about the same price as it was when it was released.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:46 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Of courose there will be a new truck at some point, but there's no indication that one is in the works. And no one can say otherwise.
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

here are some pics of one I built. wouldn't take much for associated to release a t6. only real custom pieces are the front and rear shock towers. chassis could be a touch bit longer this set up the wheel base is 4mm shorter than my t5m. truck handles really well. only change im making is a version 2 of the rear shock tower that will get the tops of the shocks farther out and standing more straight up. laydowns are definately the future of racing. I prefer the way it feels much more than a stand up.
Attached Thumbnails
Any News on a RC10T6-img_1087-2-.jpg   Any News on a RC10T6-img_1089-2-.jpg   Any News on a RC10T6-img_1091-2-.jpg   Any News on a RC10T6-img_1093-3-.jpg   Any News on a RC10T6-img_1097.jpg  

walter white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter white View Post
here are some pics of one I built. wouldn't take much for associated to release a t6. only real custom pieces are the front and rear shock towers. chassis could be a touch bit longer this set up the wheel base is 4mm shorter than my t5m. truck handles really well. only change im making is a version 2 of the rear shock tower that will get the tops of the shocks farther out and standing more straight up. laydowns are definately the future of racing. I prefer the way it feels much more than a stand up.
That's sick!!! Great job
Old 12-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i like that truck and it is looking good i want it lol
taztal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Quote:
could you gives us a parts list of what parts you used? did you use t5M shocks and body mounts? did you cut your own taller towers?
Old 12-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #10
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkz View Post
could you gives us a parts list of what parts you used? did you use t5M shocks and body mounts? did you cut your own taller towers?
+1. Would love to know what parts you used and how you modified the front/rear towers to work?

I would totally buy another B6 kit and make my own hybrid truck like you did. Looks amazing!
Old 12-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
+1. Would love to know what parts you used and how you modified the front/rear towers to work?

I would totally buy another B6 kit and make my own hybrid truck like you did. Looks amazing!
thanks to everybody for the compliments. the t5m front and rear arms bolt right up to the b6 with just a little shimming. your going to want to shim it for the longest wheelbase possible. Im using the stock t5m body mounts. front shock tower is a t5m one that has been heavily modified. you will have to chop of the ball stud mount and drill new holes to attach it to the top plate. rear shock tower is a custom carbon piece. Im using t5m front and rear shocks. its really not a very difficult conversion. I dont have any fancy tools did all the custom stuff with a drill press and a dremel. I will be happy to answer anybody's question on the conversion.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:19 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
thanks to everybody for the compliments. the t5m front and rear arms bolt right up to the b6 with just a little shimming. your going to want to shim it for the longest wheelbase possible. Im using the stock t5m body mounts. front shock tower is a t5m one that has been heavily modified. you will have to chop of the ball stud mount and drill new holes to attach it to the top plate. rear shock tower is a custom carbon piece. Im using t5m front and rear shocks. its really not a very difficult conversion. I dont have any fancy tools did all the custom stuff with a drill press and a dremel. I will be happy to answer anybody's question on the conversion.
close up pics? how about the body? how does it handle?
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #13
Tech Addict

The only thing is the b6 and the truck have different length chassis. Im assuming the new truck chassis would be longer as well
Old 12-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #14
Tech Adept

I've got just about everything I want on my T5M and it is set up pretty well. I have seriously been tempted to get a laydown transmission for it though. WWHD seems to be out of business and I haven't seen an Anders Lind in a while. So I think the Shapeways model that uses a B6 motor plate might make its way into the beast soon. I really shouid just sell the truck now and focus on ebuggy until the T6, but I like getting wheel time running 2 classes.
BruceR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #15
Tech Initiate

you should just be able to click on any of the pics and just zoom in. if there is something specific you want to see I can take a pic and post it. body is a jconcepts finnisher. holes are in different locations than stock. handling wise the truck is great. tons of steering. only have two race days with it and have been playing with set ups. it is getting faster and faster. kinda feels alot like my b6. feels more balanced than my t5m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
close up pics? how about the body? how does it handle?