Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree311Likes

Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: billdelong
Welcome to the EB4.4 Wiki page.
If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top.

Bob B 8/10/17 - Should I start with the kit setup?
The kit setup is a great place to start. One other option that many of us start with is Joe's rough track setup. You can find that setup here
In order to run it you need 3x2.1 pistons and 3x2.0 pistons. (They are marked on the sheet as 3.1 and 3.0).

Matt W 7/7/17 - What is overdrive and when should I use it?
The NB48.4 comes stock with a 12t pinion (TKR8152) and the 39t ring (TKR8151) in both the front and rear and the EB48.4 has a 12t pinion (TKR8152B) and the 40t ring (TKR8151B) in both the front and rear.

The two sets of gears are used to overdrive the front of the EBs or underdrive the rear of the NBs. If you have both vehicles and want to try underdrive it's as easy as swapping the front diff and pinion of the EB and the rear diff and pinion of the NB. Underdrive helps on very loose tracks, when you need more on power steering or if the rear of the car feels loose.

Tips and Tricks
Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:

Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:

Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

lots of deals. I just got a brand new EB48.3 chassis for $17 shipped. I figure at least for the sct410.3 be a nice option to have for backup.

But me being me, I like to be on point for race stuff so watching this vehicle closely.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yeah if you're not upgrading, now's definitely a good time to get a used .3. I'm going to sell my .3 too, but since I'm in my off season for 8th scale, I have time. Probably keep it until after Motorama in Feb and then order my .4 for the spring.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just ordered one from Tower. I couldn't pass up the $90 off coupon. My wife will understand---since it was on sale
Old 12-24-2016, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjl1
Just ordered one from Tower. I couldn't pass up the $90 off coupon. My wife will understand---since it was on sale
So the $90 does go through on this out of stock item?
Old 12-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Here's an idea. What if Tekno would collaborate with thunderpower to make 4s saddle pack. I know some are using two 2s stick packs, but if it were 4s saddle, having the same dimensions except cut in the middle, it will give more options for weight distribution and layout. Not that it's needed since its not noticeable driving heavier on one side. As long as its not short pack, where battery life is sacrificed.

Just came to mind seeing as tekno seems to be the most innovative in ebuggy. I'm a fan of Tekno's lively steering feel, controlled rotation, overall handling, and having the most thought out design in this class. Got no complaints with my 48.3. Just throwing out ideas for future stuff.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Here's an idea. What if Tekno would collaborate with thunderpower to make 4s saddle pack. I know some are using two 2s stick packs, but if it were 4s saddle, having the same dimensions except cut in the middle, it will give more options for weight distribution and layout. Not that it's needed since its not noticeable driving heavier on one side. As long as its not short pack, where battery life is sacrificed.

Just came to mind seeing as tekno seems to be the most innovative in ebuggy. I'm a fan of Tekno's lively steering feel, controlled rotation, overall handling, and having the most thought out design in this class. Got no complaints with my 48.3. Just throwing out ideas for future stuff.
That's the last thing we need. Would limit battery mfg choices, and the available niche packs would be $$$$$$$$$$.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
That's the last thing we need. Would limit battery mfg choices, and the available niche packs would be $$$$$$$$$$.
Also a 4s saddle pack would just be two stick packs or two shorties. I don't see what your looking to gain. I also think s-workz tried the saddle pack idea before.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You can do 2 x 2s shorty packs to get a 4s saddle pack style. I know a few people who run like that, but in parallel, for 2s super light class with durango and serpent cars.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SpongeX
Also a 4s saddle pack would just be two stick packs or two shorties. I don't see what your looking to gain. I also think s-workz tried the saddle pack idea before.
As I mentioned in my original post, I know there are some that are doing the two 2s stick packs. Serpent is one of them.

The saddle pack I was talking about was one that had the same width and height of a 4s lipo, bit length is split into two pieces.

Why did I suggest this? Because with the currrent way, I have to be picky with batteries to match electronics side. Don't want to add chassis weights to balance it because of extra weight.

Two stick packs take up so much space because the length and width is doubled. Only the height changes, leaving less options for engineers to decide the layout.

Yes I know there is no such true 4s saddle pack yet. That's why I mentioned collaborating with lipo companies to make them.

And no, I'm not going to back it up as if it is a sure benefit in this car. As said "it's just an idea."
Old 12-26-2016, 02:23 PM
Tech Legend

Hot Bodies 4S battery system looks interesting from that perspective on how you can orient the battery position.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Hot Bodies 4S battery system looks interesting from that perspective on how you can orient the battery position.
Except for the fact the hold down strap, and the "hooks" front rear will be in the way of the wires on just about any pack.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:37 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by MX304
Except for the fact the hold down strap, and the "hooks" front rear will be in the way of the wires on just about any pack.
based on this pic:

my impression is that if you have a pack where your wires come out towards the corners you could be fine.

If you are doing the "race" look with 5mm connectors they you should be fine regardless.

My preference would be the retaining side clips but a velcro top strap. Mainly to allow the securing of the shorty lipos in different positions via an adjustable system that you can set bias as you want.

Depending on your vehicle setup for weight, it could be nice to bias the battery position with a lipo shorty setup.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
So the $90 does go through on this out of stock item?
According to the confirmation, the $90 will be deducted at time of shipment. Sorry I did not answer sooner. the offer expired 12/24
Old 12-27-2016, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Tekno discussed this a while back.

http://www.blog.teknorc.com/2012/07/...cale-electric/

Originally Posted by latentspeed
As I mentioned in my original post, I know there are some that are doing the two 2s stick packs. Serpent is one of them.

The saddle pack I was talking about was one that had the same width and height of a 4s lipo, bit length is split into two pieces.

Why did I suggest this? Because with the currrent way, I have to be picky with batteries to match electronics side. Don't want to add chassis weights to balance it because of extra weight.

Two stick packs take up so much space because the length and width is doubled. Only the height changes, leaving less options for engineers to decide the layout.

Yes I know there is no such true 4s saddle pack yet. That's why I mentioned collaborating with lipo companies to make them.

And no, I'm not going to back it up as if it is a sure benefit in this car. As said "it's just an idea."
Old 12-27-2016, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vwduud
Right, but I'm talking about a battery shape that hasn't been made. A 4s saddle pack that does not take up more chassis space than a 4s stick pack, similar to a 2s saddle pack has the same dimensions of a 2s stick pack. Never mind. Was trying to be creative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.