Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree311Likes

Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: billdelong
Welcome to the EB4.4 Wiki page.
If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top.

Bob B 8/10/17 - Should I start with the kit setup?
The kit setup is a great place to start. One other option that many of us start with is Joe's rough track setup. You can find that setup here
In order to run it you need 3x2.1 pistons and 3x2.0 pistons. (They are marked on the sheet as 3.1 and 3.0).

Matt W 7/7/17 - What is overdrive and when should I use it?
The NB48.4 comes stock with a 12t pinion (TKR8152) and the 39t ring (TKR8151) in both the front and rear and the EB48.4 has a 12t pinion (TKR8152B) and the 40t ring (TKR8151B) in both the front and rear.

The two sets of gears are used to overdrive the front of the EBs or underdrive the rear of the NBs. If you have both vehicles and want to try underdrive it's as easy as swapping the front diff and pinion of the EB and the rear diff and pinion of the NB. Underdrive helps on very loose tracks, when you need more on power steering or if the rear of the car feels loose.

Tips and Tricks
Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Warranty Policy:

Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:

Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
Now to see how big of an improvement all the .4 stuff added to this from the .3 in a real world test.
Yup, I'll keep my .3, and have them both rtr....We shall see.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
very purdy

as for cap heads I know guys here who after stripping several of the flat head screws just added caps instead, myself included at one point. Didn't look as trick but was much easier to work with.
That's funny because my current eb48sl build has beeb on hold for that exact reason. But I'm on my way to the hardware store to pickup stainless varieties of everything the kit needs as a backup. Sadly I've had a lot of weird issues with my build that I've never experienced with any of my other Tekno kits.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
That's funny because my current eb48sl build has beeb on hold for that exact reason. But I'm on my way to the hardware store to pickup stainless varieties of everything the kit needs as a backup. Sadly I've had a lot of weird issues with my build that I've never experienced with any of my other Tekno kits.
I wouldn't run stainless unless you plan on getting your car wet often, they're not as strong as the black oxide coated screws.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I wouldn't run stainless unless you plan on getting your car wet often, they're not as strong as the black oxide coated screws.
thanks for the tip
I'll have to see what they've got at the store today because I'm dying to get back to work on this kit lol. I do have some titanium screws coming but they won't be here for a day or two.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Wow,i thought the nitro would have hit before the ebuggy? Love the new body too
Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

TonyScrewz has equipped my vehicles. His stuff works quite well and he shipped fast the last few orders I have had from him.

+1

Its interesting to see that Emulsion (if I am reading it right) will become like the default for the buggy. Maybe its because the mains are not as long, but I do recall at least from a nitro point of view concerns about shock consistency over a long main with emulsion. But emulsion does work well from what I have seen and told.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Yup, I'll keep my .3, and have them both rtr....We shall see.
My plan as well. I just got my .3 to where I am really comfortable pushing it as hard as I can, so i will have both until the .4 is better/faster
Old 12-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Legend

based on this:

EB48.4 New Features

New CNC 7075 Chassis with Improved Wear Characteristics
Revised Steering Geometry and Ackerman Plate
Bearing Supported Spindle/Carrier Design
Revised Wide Rear Pivot Suspension Geometry
Revised Ultra Efficient Drivetrain with New Universal Driveshafts
Revised Internal Gear Ratio for Improved Efficiency
CNC 4×1.9 Flat/Flat Delrin Pistons and CNC Delrin Guides
New CNC 7075 Aluminum Bleeder Shock Caps (emulsion, vented, non-vented)
New LF (low frequency) Shock Springs
New Fighter Jet Inspired Body Design
I am curious to see what could possibly make it into fiercercsolutions upgrade packs.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

TonyScrewz has equipped my vehicles. His stuff works quite well and he shipped fast the last few orders I have had from him.

+1

Its interesting to see that Emulsion (if I am reading it right) will become like the default for the buggy. Maybe its because the mains are not as long, but I do recall at least from a nitro point of view concerns about shock consistency over a long main with emulsion. But emulsion does work well from what I have seen and told.
Oh I definitely intend to get a bunch from Tony's screws but I was just trying to keep the build going as I'm bored to death at home right now lol
Old 12-19-2016, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

All of our team guys run emulsion in their nitros now too. If you build them how the kit instructs with the second bleed they stay pretty consistent over the long mains.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Tech Legend

Oh I definitely intend to get a bunch from Tony's screws but I was just trying to keep the build going as I'm bored to death at home right now lol
I have become a professional package wrapper these days with the various gifts that come in from Amazon. I should charge a fee seeing how well I wrap versus my wifes attempts.

All of our team guys run emulsion in their nitros now too. If you build them how the kit instructs with the second bleed they stay pretty consistent over the long mains.
Good stuff. I liked the feel of the emulsion build with my daughters old Tekno SCT410. it was like the one thing that was different between our 2 vehicles back in the old days.

I am curious now how long before we see any more ".4" vehicle annoucements
Old 12-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

After seeing the second bleed method, I started doing that on all of my cars, even 1/10. It really does make a difference.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Body looks fugly. But i think ill be buying a few .4 bits to slap onto my nb48.3.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

I have become a professional package wrapper these days with the various gifts that come in from Amazon. I should charge a fee seeing how well I wrap versus my wifes attempts.
Lol that's good news because you'll be getting an order in soon! Status update though. I did have to stick with stainless for today as that's all they had. But I only got the screw I needed so I'll still be getting a full kit soon.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Pre-order available on amain...

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-r...kr8000/p580646

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.