Wiki Posts
Search

HW max 8 combo

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HW max 8 combo

Hi guys,
I'm currently changing my d815 over to electric and I'm wondering about motor combos. Been looking at the hobbywing 150a max8 combo with the 2200kv motor. Is anyone using this combo if so what's your thoughts. I'm changing to electric for my 5yr son can have a play with it but I will take it to the track from time to time so is it up to competition?

Any reviews or comments would be appreciated. Cheers
Old 12-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hobbywing is good stuff, and that is a good combo for ripping around, but too much motor for most tracks.
And that is a truggy length motor also, waaaaaaay crazy in a buggy.

Most racers use 1900kv when running 4S in a 1/8 buggy, I would go with this motor instead in 1900kv.

http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/produ...68-sd-motor-g2

That is still a wicked fast set-up, good luck keeping the kid from crushing it into a wall!
Old 12-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Precision1
Hobbywing is good stuff, and that is a good combo for ripping around, but too much motor for most tracks.
And that is a truggy length motor also, waaaaaaay crazy in a buggy.

Most racers use 1900kv when running 4S in a 1/8 buggy, I would go with this motor instead in 1900kv.

http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/produ...68-sd-motor-g2

That is still a wicked fast set-up, good luck keeping the kid from crushing it into a wall!
Haha yea that's bound to happen. Stupid question but will the max 8 pair with that. And sensored or not sensored motor ?