Wiki Posts
Search

Why can't you race a TEN-SCBE

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Malazan
I definitely wish they would get a Short Course Buggy class or something like a Class 1 Desert Buggy class, add some scale and realism to the buggy classes.

As of now that's why I dislike RC buggies, no scale or realism to their looks

Something like this, only in 10th or 8th scale

http://www.krakenrc.com/
Most people want the best handling car/buggy/truck out there. Easy to drive and quick. That thing would handle awfully.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

ok, I am starting to get a better feel for how this works. I don't really care about realism since I don't follow any of the full scale off road racing. Also, I am deeper into other aspects of RC: helicopters and F3F slope racing so I don't have the time to do all the detailed setup of a kit or do a lot of repairing. So the most important things for me are decent out of the box performance on an outdoor dirt track with good size jumps and durability. I have no false illusions of winning or even placing well. Just want to try out the racing and still have whatever I choose for driving around our little, mostly flat track at our flying club. Racing would be a Tilted Compound.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R1Joel
Most people want the best handling car/buggy/truck out there. Easy to drive and quick. That thing would handle awfully.

I just like realistic vehicles, LOL, I can't afford to race real SCORE truck or Class 1 Buggy, so the RC is my next best thing
Old 12-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

ah ok. i run at tilted/norcal as well. i'm sure you could run the SCB in the 4x4 short course class at titled. sean and ken aren't going to turn you away. 4x4SC is sometimes spotty at norcal, but again, i don't think erik/dan would object to running in that class or the 1/8 e-buggy lite class. bring it out. the race directors will make it work. tire choices are wildly different at those tracks though. tilted small/medium pin softish compounds. in the winter, norcal is a slick track and in the warmer months, bar tires (electrons, positrons, dirtwebs, etc).
Old 12-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

I just like realistic vehicles, LOL, I can't afford to race real SCORE truck or Class 1 Buggy, so the RC is my next best thing
Check out Ultra 4 Racing
Old 12-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
ah ok. i run at tilted/norcal as well. i'm sure you could run the SCB in the 4x4 short course class at titled. sean and ken aren't going to turn you away.
Maybe I will see you there. I don't own the SCBE yet. So far, I just have the Tower Hobbies Cutback SCT which BTW just got discontinued. We have a flying club nearby, Livermore Flying Electrons, and we just built a mostly flat track to mess around on. A group of us bought the Cutback because it was a reasonably priced 4WD brushless RTR for $230. So cost of entry was not too high. I heard folks talking about the Tilted track so I checked it out during their Nitro event last week. I don't want to go against the grain and want to get something that runs in a class with a solid following but keeping in mind that w.r.t RC truck, I am a novice.

I just like the way the SCBE looks so its just frustrating that its not really aligned with a race class. I'll get over it. I can go 1/10 SCT or even 1/8 buggy which is what the Tilted guys suggested. Still researching and educating myself and playing around with the Cutback in the meantime.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhodesengr
Maybe I will see you there. I don't own the SCBE yet. So far, I just have the Tower Hobbies Cutback SCT which BTW just got discontinued. We have a flying club nearby, Livermore Flying Electrons, and we just built a mostly flat track to mess around on. A group of us bought the Cutback because it was a reasonably priced 4WD brushless RTR for $230. So cost of entry was not too high. I heard folks talking about the Tilted track so I checked it out during their Nitro event last week. I don't want to go against the grain and want to get something that runs in a class with a solid following but keeping in mind that w.r.t RC truck, I am a novice.

I just like the way the SCBE looks so its just frustrating that its not really aligned with a race class. I'll get over it. I can go 1/10 SCT or even 1/8 buggy which is what the Tilted guys suggested. Still researching and educating myself and playing around with the Cutback in the meantime.
Well if you haven't bought it yet and you want to run some club races, then definitely choose something that fits a class they race. That should be a no-brainer. If 1/8 ebuggy is popular, then go that route! Either that or 4x4 SCT are the best dual-use vehicles, that is you can race or bash. But if you do a few races, you'll quickly find out you want to keep a separate rig for racing and bashing.

Losi, Associated, Kyosho, and HPI all have RTR ebuggy rigs in the same price range as the Ten-SCBE. To me, that would absolutely be the way to go if they are run at your local tracks.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Callaway
Losi, Associated, Kyosho, and HPI all have RTR ebuggy rigs in the same price range as the Ten-SCBE. To me, that would absolutely be the way to go if they are run at your local tracks.
well they don't race the SCBE. I assume the SCTE is ok and they also for sure race 1/8 e-buggy like the 8ight.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Our local off road clubs ended up letting the short course buggies race with the short course trucks since we never did get enough buggies to show up to have their own class. The lack of bulky bodies seem to be offset by the vulnerable open wheels when racing together.

We still have one or two show up to race, but the class has never really seemed to have caught on in popularity.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhodesengr
well they don't race the SCBE. I assume the SCTE is ok and they also for sure race 1/8 e-buggy like the 8ight.
Right. That's why I said an ebuggy rig from one of those brands is the way to go. And I checked prices to make sure I wasn't suggesting something that was I a different price range than you expected with the Ten-SCBE. All of those RTR ebuggy rigs are either the same price or within $100.

By the way, I don't know if your "open 4wd buggy" question was answered, but that's 1/10 4wd buggy like the TLR 22-4, Xray XB4, etc. The "open" label means you can run any motor as opposed to "stock" or "13.5 4wd buggy" which would require a 13.5T motor with no electronic timing added.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

I posted a WTB for an 1/8 buggy and have some interesting prospects like a Serpent 811 BE 2.0.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default you cant but you can make it to a scte

well it all comes down to the size of it the scte body has a big part of the sct class and the what makes them hard to drive . With the scb that body makes a sct to a buggy. the 1/10 buggy are to fast to drive a sctb with. so your luck is to get a sct body and put it on there [/RIGHT][/SIZE]
Old 12-12-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

it may have a buggy body on it but it is a 4x4 corr truck!!!!
simple, race it with the 4x4 corr trucks. you will get some cry babies whining about it.
just tell them they are all just toy cars can't we just have some fun.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Have the Serpent on the way. So that is solidly in the 1/8 buggy class. Now I just have to learn how to work on it
Old 12-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I definitely wish they would get a Short Course Buggy class or something like a Class 1 Desert Buggy class, add some scale and realism to the buggy classes.

As of now that's why I dislike RC buggies, no scale or realism to their looks

Something like this, only in 10th or 8th scale

http://www.krakenrc.com/
Axial makes the Yeti, which looks pretty close and also there's that Vaterra
Twin Hammers vehicle that looks pretty close. Both are straight axle rear and ifs front.

Going to be racing my Kyosho MP9 TKi3 (tki4 suspension) in either superlight 1/8 buggy or 4wd SCT. Currently running all 4wd SCT electronics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.