Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

im not knocking u guys but seems alot of problems with this $460 kit,thats why im not in a rush for the first kit to come out,i would wait for a year until they fix everything,saves money and headache.b44.3 kit did not have problems like this that i know of.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddosi
im not knocking u guys but seems alot of problems with this $460 kit,thats why im not in a rush for the first kit to come out,i would wait for a year until they fix everything,saves money and headache.b44.3 kit did not have problems like this that i know of.
Yeah it did. Everyone pissed and moaned about the 44.3.
My build went really really well. Flew together actually.
My advice would be throw the car together and run it 3 packs. Then go back through and check things. Your x rings will swell so you need to do shocks anyways.
Everything should be pretty free and then I would start making adjustments. My car first pack it felt good not great and now the car is pretty damn good. 7 packs in
Old 03-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No, there are not a lot of problems. A couple of minor things people are finding. Move a couple of shims from one side to the other, clean out a burr in the caster block, been supplied a couple of screws that are too long. Hardly anything that would stop you buying a kit. Just s few very minor things that take a few minutes to rectify. Nothing different than any other kit on the market.

Simple fact is the cars are amazing on track and light years ahead of the B44.3.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's a 1st gen race kit,, only teething problems so far
As expected ��
My kit went together smoothly,, of course adjustments, lite sanding etc
are par for the course but a big percentage of readers of this thread
are experienced racers, it's not a major problem.
I haven't run mine yet but will do a full inspection, rebuild to make sure all is sweet
as I would with every new kit,
Relax guys,
Old 03-02-2017, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddosi
No problems with the 44.3?

Missing parts in the kits, the terrible design for the diffs with that tiny little clip, arms that would break if you looked at them wrong......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsrq2KkESvs
Old 03-02-2017, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Can you use the the Schelle hubs on this kit?
Old 03-02-2017, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hem7M1ohi-U

Here is a shim video

Let's move on now with the shims
Old 03-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JsK
No one thought the first XB4 was awesome, in fact the originals where very
unreliable, go back and read the first dozen or so pages of that thread, you cant
compare a 2nd gen and 4th gen car to a first production run.
Then we all should have waited to buy the future improved version and went with a competitors car because those already have the bugs worked out??? Come on man. It doesn't matter what generation the car is. It needs to be as good or better than the others. It needs to compare to all of the other current cars. If its not as good or better, why buy it? I want the best. I'm going to give it a chance but I'm keeping a 22-4 2.0 just in case. Personally, I don't really care how the kit went together, that's irrelevant in terms of how the car actually performs. I need the car to be durable and capable of winning races. If I need to cut the car some slack because its a gen 1, I might as well buy something else (I'm hoping that's not the case).
Cain likes this.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Every new car that comes out from any manufacturer has its own set of problems/issues. Most are minor, like on the B64D. My kit went together flawless. Yea, if you slam your car into a wall, or hit a pipe nail you are going to break something, any car would. AE does a great job of taking care of anybody that does have an issue.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hopefully any first gen issues will be addressed quickly and at no expense to the buyers.

For those who race with those who own the xray platform, fixing those issues quickly will go a long way so you don't get an impression of being a "poor mans xb4" based on part issues.

Looking forward to seeing this kit go. I am hoping the driver I know who says he ordered one will have it at the next race or the one following.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My kit went together perfect. I have an xb4 16 also. I fully expect the b64 to be as good if not better then the xb4.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
Can you use the the Schelle hubs on this kit?
No, different offset.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC
I'm followed this thread since day1 and it seems like there are more people experiencing problems with the car than are actually praising it.

Anyone who has hit a race with the car have anything to say? Experiences? Comparisons?

I read one person compare it to his b44.3 and say (something like) 'it's gonna be good when I get the setup down'
My build went just fine very little problems, but if you have built any car before the issues were not any big deal. I raced it Tuesday night at my LHS Hot Rod Hobbies. Outdoor with large jumps. First thing I noticed was I was able to carry a lot more corner speed it jumps perfect and lands without any bottoming out at all. All the other racers noticed how quite the car is and it carries the corner speed better than the B44.3. By the way I TQed and in the main lapped up to 2nd place. Very happy how the car performs.
QDRHRSE likes this.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I guess I don't understand the gripes. These are mass-produced kits, there will always be some minor fiting and modification of a part or two, or a missing part here or there.

I'm an Associated guy, but I've built Yokomos and X-rays this year too, and BOTH manufacturers had assembly issues in their kits too. Get over it.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Who makes the spacer for the gearbox that goes between the gearbox and the chassis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.