Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10B64 Thread >

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Old 03-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxnickj
10/200/7 here for indoor clay and its been awesome. I started with 10 frt and rear and on the tighter layout with a lot of 180 corners it didn't quite rotate like I liked so dropping down to 7 in the rear really seemed to help.

Has anyone got any advice for running this car on outdoor dirt, not clay? Similar to what Motorama was like this year. I have been looking for some setups from Alex K. or Chad Due, or Brent Thielke since they were all there racing but no luck. I will be racing 1/10 outdoors all summer instead of 1/8 so I'm looking for anything for this car, and for my B6D and SC5M.
I would like those too.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxnickj
Has anyone got any advice for running this car on outdoor dirt, not clay? Similar to what Motorama was like this year. I have been looking for some setups from Alex K. or Chad Due, or Brent Thielke since they were all there racing but no luck. I will be racing 1/10 outdoors all summer instead of 1/8 so I'm looking for anything for this car, and for my B6D and SC5M.
Below are some great setups and tips for all 3. Tracks in Australia are almost all outdoors!

Team Associated B64D - Ray Munday - South Australian States Titles - Adelaide - 26.02.2017

Team Associated B6D - Ray Munday - Outdoor Setup & Tips - 16.08.2016

Team Associated B6D - Ray Munday - Outdoor Setup Guide

Team Associated SC5M - Ray Munday - Vctorian Titles - Keilor - 07.05.2016
Old 03-25-2017, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just some stuff we found out tonight during practice. If your car feels loose in the corners try less or no drag brake. We are running a reedy 5.5 with the drag brake on the 510r set at 4. Drag brake will vary depending on esc and motor.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Has there been a pill chart posted for the front yet. I think the rear one was very helpful.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I set my car up with Cole Tollard's last set up and while it was relatively easy to drive it was too aggressive for the amount of grip, rather the lack there of, we had last night. The car felt very sluggish and didn't turn well. Cost me a second a lap. In this case my fault, not the car. I caution anyone that wants to use Tollard's latest set up. Its meant for a super high traction surface. If you don't have the grip available the car is going to push like a dump truck. The 13 degree front blocks seemed to mellow the car out a lot. I'm going to have to try something else. I was faster with my B6 last night. Sad but true.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonski
Has there been a pill chart posted for the front yet. I think the rear one was very helpful.
Can you link please? Thanks
Old 03-25-2017, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I set my car up with Cole Tollard's last set up and while it was relatively easy to drive it was too aggressive for the amount of grip, rather the lack there of, we had last night. The car felt very sluggish and didn't turn well. Cost me a second a lap. In this case my fault, not the car. I caution anyone that wants to use Tollard's latest set up. Its meant for a super high traction surface. If you don't have the grip available the car is going to push like a dump truck. The 13 degree front blocks seemed to mellow the car out a lot. I'm going to have to try something else. I was faster with my B6 last night. Sad but true.
Why would you use a set up for high grip clay if you are not on a high grip clay track?

You just trying every set up sheet Associated has listed? I have not looked at one of those set up sheets. How about just set it up box stock and adjust for what YOU need for YOUR track?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
Why would you use a set up for high grip clay if you are not on a high grip clay track?

You just trying every set up sheet Associated has listed? I have not looked at one of those set up sheets. How about just set it up box stock and adjust for what YOU need for YOUR track?
I agree qdrhrs, but speaking for myself, this is all new to me. I'm trying to learn all I can by this forum and there is limited info about "my track"! The only info I have is the B64d manual and this forum. I'm learning and don't have years months or days worth of experience on different tracks like you do.....your set up sheet is a learning experience, is it on here?
Old 03-25-2017, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The problem with set up sheets is two fold: you don't build a car like the guys listed, and you don't drive like them. You can do all the forum searching etc., you want. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will help you more than track time. Plain and simple. You have to put in the laps and see what does what. You know why you never see the pros on here? TheYreka out driving. Just like athletes don't spend all day on the net. Just get out and move things around on your car and try things.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
The problem with set up sheets is two fold: you don't build a car like the guys listed, and you don't drive like them. You can do all the forum searching etc., you want. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will help you more than track time. Plain and simple. You have to put in the laps and see what does what. You know why you never see the pros on here? TheYreka out driving. Just like athletes don't spend all day on the net. Just get out and move things around on your car and try things.
Agreed. I think what would benefit a lot of people on here or those that don't know setup very well... when your driving your car really try to focus on the feeling your getting and then determine what you would or would not like it to do and then ask what change/s could I make that will make my car do X better.
Everyone's setup should not be the same because we all manipulate the car differently. What works for Phend works for very few people.
This will help you learn setup much faster and really understand what the car is doing.
Also, make changes at the right time. Ex: don't make a shock change when you have a new set of tires on.
Learning when to make changes is almost as important making changes.
Thrifty likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Exactly. I have NEVER used one of those set up sheets. I build kits according to kit set up and change things that I know work for me at my track and then I adjust from there.

Download the Cheat sheets app from AE it tells you what changes to make. Go online, competition X has a great set up tips page. Instead of trying set up after set up sit down and read about how to set your car up.

Learn what Roll Center is and how to adjust it, understand what shock oils and sway bars do and what they will do to your car. When you go out on the track LISTEN to you car. Into the corner, mid corner out of the corner, on the brakes, on the gas, coasting, landing, take off, every single thing you command your car to do is an input, if the car is not set up to receive those inputs it will tell you. You then make changes that the car needs to accept those inputs.

Perfect example, just yesterday I went for a season opener 1/8th scale race with a Mugen MBX7R Eco that I bought used. I didnt change anything on the car, just put my electronics in it and threw it on track. Car was very loose in the back. no forward grip and needed more side bite. First practice I added rear toe and some anti squat, got better but I wanted more so I move the hubs forward. Car was great Qualified in the D main, bumped to the C and was challenging for a bump to the B at one point but got t angled up in lapped traffic and ended up 4th.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ok, on a completely different note! What is the overall experience with the front arms on this wheeler! Out in my neck of the woods in NJ, the arms seem to be very fragile. I know of one person that has broken probably 8 front arms already and he is far from a hack and one of the fastest and best drivers at our track. If this has been mentioned already please tell me what the responses were about it or refer me to the page number to read myself. I have the car and love it but not pushing it as hard as I can due to arm worries!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm finally going to give my input on the b64. Coming from a xb4 16 I can absolutely say without a doubt that this car is just as good if not better. I don't understand how people on here can bitch and complain about it. I question your setup skills or lack of them. This car is dialed with a good setup. Don't expect a setupsheet to work exactly for your track! You won't find a golden setup sheet that will work on all tracks. As far as durability goes I'm finishing up a two day race with 6 full heats of wheelers. I have only seen one front arm break. For the people on the fence about this kit I fully encourage to pick up this car and try it out. The build went great and on the track the car is flawless.
TAW likes this.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turtle Speed
Ok, on a completely different note! What is the overall experience with the front arms on this wheeler! Out in my neck of the woods in NJ, the arms seem to be very fragile. I know of one person that has broken probably 8 front arms already and he is far from a hack and one of the fastest and best drivers at our track. If this has been mentioned already please tell me what the responses were about it or refer me to the page number to read myself. I have the car and love it but not pushing it as hard as I can due to arm worries!
For someone who is not a hack 8 seems a little higher than most are experiencing. what surface is that on? I have broken 2 arms. Most of the people I know running the car have broken one or two arms. We have just gotten the hard arms in stock and a couple guys are trying that option. I am buying a set so I have one of each on hand if I need them.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Can you link please? Thanks
I am assuming it's the same as the B6 one...

https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_...anuals_setups/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.