Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10B64 Thread >

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Old 03-21-2017, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

AE just posted a new setup sheet on the B64 from Cole Tollard for Indoors, clay, high grip, smooth, fast

https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...rd_ChiTown.pdf
storm800 likes this.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Run another car if you are not happy. It is that simple. Complaining may make you feel better but it won't change anything. Send it to AE and things may change. You guys make me laugh with all this whining. LOL!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lots of BS going on in this thread now.

But let me say this. AE is stepping up. Big time.

Yeah it seems as though some are complaining, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. There are a few AE engineers watching this thread. There are probably a couple Team drivers watching as well. They know we are here and they are listening. It may be beating a dead horse to continue to post about the same issues over and over again, but there is also strength in numbers. When one customer is unhappy it is an easy fix, when 50% of your customers are unhappy you have to step in and do something. And they are.

I said before that I cant in good conscience recommend this car to one of my customers looking for a 4wd race buggy, I can now take that back and say that as much as I love this buggy, I love the support from the guys at Team Associated.

Now can we start talking about rumored parts and upgrades?

Where do I start in cutting down weight?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trickyii
Youre lucky. My local track has 5 or more new 64Ds. The shop cant keep front arms in stock they break so often. I understand a bad driver or 2 but we have some lcoal pros and they are experiencing the same issues.

Front arms, shock towers, steering rack breakage. This is a 10th scale track and none of that 1/8th scale jump stuff. Front end of this car needs help badly.
What track is your local track? Just curious
Old 03-22-2017, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Wow, didn't get a chance to run my car yet, #scared
Old 03-22-2017, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
AE was aware of what the current cars [it competitors] were like. Why would they release something not on par with what is already selling? As a consumer I don't care that the car is gen 1. Not my concern. The car should have been able to compete with what was on the market when it came out.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but look at it from a slightly different perspective. Think of the car as a V1.0 piece of Computer Software. Company (AE) Develops the software, then Beta Tests it, gets reports back from their beta testers and identifies and fixes the bugs as they're reported. When they're satisfied they have a stable version of the software (Car) they release it. Now the software is being exposed to hundreds or thousands of different scenarios and more weaknesses are going to pop up. They way the company handles fixes for those weaknesses are what makes the best companies stand out from the worst. So in essence, complaining about perceived weakness in a forum like this can be a healthy process, and if AE Engineers are watching, those complaints (Constructive ones) will help get the issues sorted even faster
Old 03-22-2017, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Jmoneym, its not bad. Its just not great [yet]. Don't expect to be blown away by it the first time you throw it down. I'd run it box stock for a few packs and then if you find it to be a little twitchy you can make the front link longer and put a heavier spring on the front which will calm it down. I, myself, have 13 degree caster blocks showing up today and I'm going to try the Cole Tollard set up that was just posted. Also, I would have built mine with the plastic diff gears if they were available at the time. I realize that plastic gear diffs sound scary but they work great for XRay so I don't expect the results to be any different for Associated.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

My B6D setup I run is based off Cole's setup. His setups are very easy to drive. If his B64D setup is anything like his B6 is, it will be really good.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Jmoneym, its not bad. Its just not great [yet]. Don't expect to be blown away by it the first time you throw it down. I'd run it box stock for a few packs and then if you find it to be a little twitchy you can make the front link longer and put a heavier spring on the front which will calm it down. I, myself, have 13 degree caster blocks showing up today and I'm going to try the Cole Tollard set up that was just posted. Also, I would have built mine with the plastic diff gears if they were available at the time. I realize that plastic gear diffs sound scary but they work great for XRay so I don't expect the results to be any different for Associated.
are you going to run that in mod or 13.5?
Also Ive had the car since initial release I run on a astroturf decent size track and i have yet to break any part. i will say that the bearing popped out last race from the rear bulkhead but Im hoping the o ring trick will fix that. if not I'm going to get those snap rings i read about. We have a descent size straight and my car did cartwheels at the end of it and nothing broke.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Mod Chris
Old 03-22-2017, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Do people remember the 22B when it first came out? Yea. It wasn't perfect. The front suspension was a mess. Use these parts from this car, these parts from this car. The steering rack is/was a joke. The car was flawed, albeit being an amazing step forward by TLR (two platforms MM/RM in one car). The 2.0 took care of all those problems and the car became not only driveable, but won a bunch.

That being said... give it some time. AE is an amazing company
Old 03-22-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the B6D steering blocks will fit onto the B64D? I use these on my B6D and like the feel, but I can't find them for the B64D.

This is what I'm talking about....

Team Associated B6/B6D Factory Team +1 Steering Block Arms (2)
Old 03-22-2017, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I would say yes they will fit. I have the Schelle Type 1 on my B6D and B64D.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

They are different for each car. Schelle offers +1 for both the B6 and B64 cars
Old 03-22-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CrawJac
Does anyone know if the B6D steering blocks will fit onto the B64D? I use these on my B6D and like the feel, but I can't find them for the B64D.

This is what I'm talking about....

Team Associated B6/B6D Factory Team +1 Steering Block Arms (2)
here is the ones for the B64D, you can see they are a different shape.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...c92032/p604232

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.