R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Like Tree429Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #2446
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
SO, after reading god knows how many pages I came across posts about old outdated gears as opposed to new updated gears, Umm, how do you know which ones you have, anyone have a picture or way to know??? Im leaning on going to buy a b64d kit & try it
The new kits should have the new gears. I think it was a quality thing, the old gears made more noise. I believe the ring gears in the f/r were updated.
jabroni racing likes this.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #2447
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,274
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Here is the old vs new (installed) gear

The old one has a much more obvious ledge on the area closest to the screws
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10B64 Thread-img_1200.jpg  
__________________
Support those that support us

http://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:42 PM   #2448
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Meadville Pa
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
The new kits should have the new gears. I think it was a quality thing, the old gears made more noise. I believe the ring gears in the f/r were updated.
We've had 4 or so b64s at the track since winter and none of them were cement mixers like some people claim but mine was a little louder than the other shaft drive cars. I ran a file down the ring gears and removed some burrs and its now inline with the rest, and if its louder than my buddies club racers its far from egregiously so. That might not work if your diffs are small boxes full of rocks but something to try before you drop 40 bones on new parts if you get a older kit before the running changes.
Rebuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:02 AM   #2449
Regional Moderator
 
Jon Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 2,882
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone17 View Post
Thanks.
That setup you linked shows the 1363 servo arm so it must work.
The 1369/1370 is the best horn I've used. If you don't have one yet I suggest trying it. The clamping feature alone makes it so much better.
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #2450
Tech Fanatic
 
rgrg2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 861
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default B64

I'm thinking about getting a B64 or B64D. Is there any difference in the vehicles such as the front arms or gears in the diffs like the differences in the B6 and B6D, or any other differences?
How much harder, if any, are they to work on and maintain than the B6's?
Do the 4wd require a different servo than the 2wd?
How do I know if I'm getting an updated kit or the original kit?
And any other info or input?

Thanks
__________________
Associated B6D B6 MT4S Jconcepts Reedy Schurr Speed Hobbywing Tekin
rgrg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #2451
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: OKC
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrg2 View Post
I'm thinking about getting a B64 or B64D. Is there any difference in the vehicles such as the front arms or gears in the diffs like the differences in the B6 and B6D, or any other differences?
How much harder, if any, are they to work on and maintain than the B6's?
Do the 4wd require a different servo than the 2wd?
How do I know if I'm getting an updated kit or the original kit?
And any other info or input?

Thanks
Any wheeler will be considerably harder to work on and will have more things to keep an eye on. That being said the b64 has to be one of the easiest to work on out there. 5 screws and you're in the diffs. No serious drama with any part of the kit during maintenance.

Differences between the two boil down to caster blocks, springs, sway bar sizes, front wheel hexes, and center diff/slipper.

Unless you're strictly running on carpet I would suggest the "d". I bought the other because I wanted the center slipper and I really wish I wouldn't have. Changing the center power delivery option would've been infinitely cheaper than changing everything else.

No special servo needed

Don't sweat worrying about getting a newer kit. Everything I've seen changed wasn't really a big deal. I've got a newer one and the diffs are still fairly noisy. FWIW the 64's at the track have all broken shock towers, a-arms, and diff housings, so don't expect a battle tank of a buggy.
rgrg2 and Finalist like this.
windycityblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #2452
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebuke View Post
We've had 4 or so b64s at the track since winter and none of them were cement mixers like some people claim but mine was a little louder than the other shaft drive cars. I ran a file down the ring gears and removed some burrs and its now inline with the rest, and if its louder than my buddies club racers its far from egregiously so. That might not work if your diffs are small boxes full of rocks but something to try before you drop 40 bones on new parts if you get a older kit before the running changes.
Mine is not crazy loud. Way louder than my bmaxx was, but that thing was silky smooth. That being said, motor temps are good. The b64 does have a lot of drag on the drive line. I am working to fix that up a bit. But temps are good, so the motor is not being over worked spinning the gears. I was debating running the gear in with tooth paste old school gear break in.
zipperfoot likes this.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #2453
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Glendale CA
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default


Last edited by ryoyamaki2; 08-17-2017 at 09:51 PM.
ryoyamaki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #2454
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 28,761
Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)
Default

when you say you went with perfect timing, what was that?
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno SCT410.3 x 2 |HB Racing D413 x 2 | Tekno EB48SL x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2>
Cain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:13 AM   #2455
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Meadville Pa
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

My lhs randomly got in some of the AE 92095 fronts this week so I picked up a couple sets to and compared them to my yokomo b4-821w wheels.

The AE wheels are 26.4mm wide with a 25mm backspacing.

The Yokomo wheels are 25.9mm wide with a 24.8mm backspacing.

If I calculated offset correctly and my measurements are not too far off that gives the AE wheels a 11.8mm offset and the Yokomo is 11.85mm.

side note: amain currently has the 92096 yellow b64 wheels as of 7:20am est this morning if anyone is searching.
Rebuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #2456
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebuke View Post
My lhs randomly got in some of the AE 92095 fronts this week so I picked up a couple sets to and compared them to my yokomo b4-821w wheels.

The AE wheels are 26.4mm wide with a 25mm backspacing.

The Yokomo wheels are 25.9mm wide with a 24.8mm backspacing.

If I calculated offset correctly and my measurements are not too far off that gives the AE wheels a 11.8mm offset and the Yokomo is 11.85mm.

side note: amain currently has the 92096 yellow b64 wheels as of 7:20am est this morning if anyone is searching.
I didnt like the yokomo wheels on my bmax. That being said I dont like the AE wheels either. I wish avid made 4wd front wheels for the b64
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #2457
Tech Master
 
jabroni racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: largo florida
Posts: 1,557
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing
Default

anyone know if the b6 rear skid plate would fit the b64?? from my searched I found the xb4 skid plate supposedly fits, anyone confirm??
__________________
www.facebook.com/jay3638
jabroni racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:12 AM   #2458
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,812
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycityblues View Post
Any wheeler will be considerably harder to work on and will have more things to keep an eye on. That being said the b64 has to be one of the easiest to work on out there. 5 screws and you're in the diffs. No serious drama with any part of the kit during maintenance.

Differences between the two boil down to caster blocks, springs, sway bar sizes, front wheel hexes, and center diff/slipper.

Unless you're strictly running on carpet I would suggest the "d". I bought the other because I wanted the center slipper and I really wish I wouldn't have. Changing the center power delivery option would've been infinitely cheaper than changing everything else.

No special servo needed

Don't sweat worrying about getting a newer kit. Everything I've seen changed wasn't really a big deal. I've got a newer one and the diffs are still fairly noisy. FWIW the 64's at the track have all broken shock towers, a-arms, and diff housings, so don't expect a battle tank of a buggy.
Been runn n mine since day 1 and only broke 1 rear gear box and never a shock tower.I think it is a tank,and can handle Normal Mod Racing with wad ups just Fine.I also have og gears and they are very Nice no issues.Cheers!
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #2459
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 253
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Will be getting mine next week.
Is there any guide to build tips/tricks for the buggy? Tried looking for build logs but haven't found any good ones yet.

Thanks
Tbone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #2460
Tech Fanatic
 
PorTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Formerly Portland TX, Now Amarillo
Posts: 953
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

My B64 is built to kit specs....added aluminum steering rack. Once I got the feel of driving 4wd again and started tightening the slipper as my driving came back!!! Not much else I would want to change on the car!

Running a B64 on carpet off-road
PorTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
lim202
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net