Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MF2 racers using Orion Revolution V2 12x2

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

No, my 19T is a V2 and I love it, I have been beating guys with brushless systems with it The 12x2 is actually made by Orion and is the Revolution V2. Not sure which springs\brushes are in it, but after yesterdays race I am going with the 19T for mod truck in Columbus. I will be hurting in the struch, but everywhere else I will be just fine...not like I am a pro and have a chance to win anyway...just going for some fun (this will be my first ever big race, i just started in October with electric).
Old 01-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Question for TexRacer

Texracer, you seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about electric motors. We started talking about a 19 turn buggy class, so I was shopping for a 19t. The Chameleon 2 looks like a good choice, but I also saw the Orion Element V2. How would you rate the Element V2? Can you get 20-30 runs like I hear guys are getting with the Revolution V2? How about Power? The Chameleon looks like a Monster with bearings and a 19 t arm, so it's familiar.

Any other good choices?

Thanks,
JC
Old 04-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Well I run a 11x2 V2 Revolution in my xxx-4 geared at 19/84 and have excellent punch and decent top speed. I would think that you would want to gear up some more for the 12x2. I would try a 19 to 21 tooth pinion with the 86 gear on the MF2. These motors have less rpm but monsterous torque you just have to gear them right. Make sure to watch your temp. If you still are having problems you might want to open the motor and inspect it. I have seen where the comm was not perfectly true and the motor woke up after having the comm cut. The revolution motors come with the enduro brushes which also take a couple of runs to seat in.