01-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Best brushed motor and ESC
Hi, I'm looking to outfit my xx-4 (the new one) with a brushed setup. I know nothing about brushed motors. I have a xxx-4 with a ss5800 and a xx-4 with a GTB 5.5.
I'm looking to outfit my new xx-4 with a brushed setup and ESC.
As I said, I know nothing about brushes, cutting comms, etc.
I'm looking for the absolute best motor I can get that will last the longest.
I'll be using the motor primarily for racing and a little bashing. Nothing hardcore, just up and down my street. Now I'm going to get 2 of these motors. I'd like to spend under $70 a piece for the motors.
1. What is the most durable motor out there that requires the least ammount of maintenance.
2. What turn do I need? is 19 Turn specifically for on road motors? I like speed, but I also like 10 minutes or so of runtime.
3. Am I best off to get a custom mod motor from some guy that makes motors? Blueprinted or whatever?
4. Will a custom blueprinted motor result in less issues?
5. If you do suggest a mod motor from a builder, who do you suggest?
There was a guy on yahoo I was talking to that's on here, but I forgot his yahoo id and company name