IS ALL OF THE KYOSHO DRIVERS LEAVING?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IS ALL OF THE KYOSHO DRIVERS LEAVING?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Davidka - Most prototype testing is done at the club-race level (and most of it doesn't get run at club races). The pro drivers out there are not running stuff you can't buy, because winning with sorry-it's-not-for-sale equipment is bad press, and honestly, it's unfair to accuse the factory teams of running one-off stuff. Usually, the only time this happens is when it's close enough to production that they can talk about it if someone sees it. Associated and Losi do this, Thunder Tiger, Kyosho, Mugen, OFNA, most of the factory teams follow these guidelines more or less. Not because of any sort of unspoken gentlemen's agreement or anything, but simply because of marketing.

Adam Drake is sponsored by JBL, Kortz was working on a deal with Rockford Fosgate but that might've fallen through. There are many Monster Energy Drink sponsored drivers (I think Richard Saxton might be one of them), and I know NOS Energy Drink is looking to get in on the action. Saxton and Jared Tebo are sponsored by Smith Optics as well.

Terrorists may not care that there's a concentrated group of foreigners, with a large number of westerners, racing toy cars for bowling trophies and a world title, but being part of a concentrated group of "the enemy" is kinda scary...not to mention that not only will we all be at the track together, but many of us at the same hotels, flying on the same flights into the same airport, etc.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First off I agree with bender supposing the Worlds race would be diminished, because one Nation, or any given racer choses not to show is ridiculious.

However like any true fan "os" has the right, to his opinion about his favorite racers.

Also if Americans choose not to go to a Country that has a known terrorist faction, with an issue with Westerners, who could blame them. If they would kill a couple doing humanitarian work for the poor, what would stop them from droping an rc smart bomb at a RC race.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

well in that case everyone should stay away from NYC and madrid and london? would you feel any safer or unsafer if the worlds was held there?

end of the day rc-racers are nerds and live in theire own world, no one outside this rc community even cares or realise that there is a rc world champion, in fact they propably would laugh, just as you would at the Marbles World Champion. To target an event they would have to know well in advance to plan the strike, and lets face it, i doubt the talibans would know the rc worlds was being held. infact i doubt even 99% of rc owners would know, except for the die hard 1/8buggy racers.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I think the Worlds would be much safer at any one of those 3 locations you mentioned. At least you could leave the track area and actually go out and do something after the races. All of the Americans are advised to stay in the compound in Indonesia. The terrorists don't live in the thousands all around you in London, NYC, or Madrid, sure they are there but they're not concentrated like in Indonesia.

This race isn't out in the sticks, it's in the middle of an amusement park so to speak in the capital of Indonesia. All it takes is one terrorist to see a group of "Westerners" at this place to make it a potential attack zone. Doesn't take a whole lot of planning for one dude to strap a bomb to his chest, run into where a group of victims are and blow everything up in a 50 yard radius around him.

Not to say anything will happen because chances are it won't, but you can't even compare NYC, London, or Madrid to Indonesia.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XingXing
well in that case everyone should stay away from NYC and Madrid and London? would you feel any safer or unsafer if the worlds was held there?
I would agree.. I have been to NYC and Madrid..The police in Madrid have MP5's..and the crooks in NYC have them as well..
Old 01-17-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KevinLRC
This race isn't out in the sticks, it's in the middle of an amusement park so to speak in the capital of Indonesia. All it takes is one terrorist to see a group of "Westerners" at this place to make it a potential attack zone. Doesn't take a whole lot of planning for one dude to strap a bomb to his chest, run into where a group of victims are and blow everything up in a 50 yard radius around him..
wow there must be bombs just lying around in indonesians living rooms and they have bombs waiting to go off for any westener sighted

you think there are no westeners in indonesia daily? there are thousands of westen businesmen and tourists in indonesia. there are schools packed with foreign students.

speaking of marbles world champion, i googled it and found BBC covered it. lol even marbles gets more coverage than rc cars
Old 01-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Even ESPN2 covers the jump rope champs as well.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Initiate

You are right XingXing, terrorist attacks don't happen in Indonesia, it's obvious they can't have attacks, they don't have any bombs laying around! Those thousands of business men and tourists aren't really getting blown up like the news says either. It's all a big conspiracy to try and keep the U.S.A. out of the 1/8th World Championships.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KevinLRC
You are right XingXing, terrorist attacks don't happen in Indonesia, it's obvious they can't have attacks, they don't have any bombs laying around! Those thousands of business men and tourists aren't really getting blown up like the news says either. It's all a big conspiracy to try and keep the U.S.A. out of the 1/8th World Championships.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default tamiya

I heard Tebo is going to Tamiya
Old 01-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default =]

I know this sounds weird... but does anyone want to buy Richard Saxton's 8th scale trophy for first place at the 1999 Norrca Nationals? he signed it and gave it to me along with the shirt off his back, hat off his head, and 13 sets of tires. I was pitman for one of my sponsors and me and LeBlanc hung out (pitman at the time). I have some more old degani "collectibles?" hahahahahahaha

JB
Old 01-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

It effects any worlds event when a country of the caliber of the US team doesn't show up. It's not a world championship then. The same could be said about allot of other countries. I wouldn't goto the worlds because of where it is being held. How soon people forget what happens in this world. We can't live in fear but you can't be ignorant. Using Afganistan and Iraq in this conversation show the ignorance of people. Until you understand what the terrorism is all about. You shouldn't make statements related to it. Very few have any idea. I'm not saying I understand it all but I know more than most.

Good Luck to Jared. It doesn't matter where he ends up. He will take them to the top.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

I can't believe some of you are taking this the wrong way. When it was said that many US drivers and companies were not showing up, those are the one that definitely are not showing up. Terrorists in Indonesia have problems with ALL WESTERNERS, not just Americans. I'll bet many European drivers and companies will not show up either. It's one thing to have people from just one country not show up but when 90% of the racers are at risk and probably will not show up is another.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Terrorists have shown little objection to blowing up other Muslims too so in truth everyone is at risk. I would say NYC is safer than Indonesia given that there is no travel warning for NYC issued by the US State Department.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hmm, I thought this was the "Tebo Leaves", and "Where is he going" thread, not the "Terrorists blow up RC Nerds", and the Indonesia vs. Rest Of World" thread???

Just kidding everyone. This thread shows we know something besides tiny cars that make a lot of noise!!!!!!

But anyway, I heard on The Grid that Jared Tebo was sighted at SV Speedway driving an Xray???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.