Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 1/8th build possible with current products

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 12:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Best 1/8th build possible with current products

So what is the best 1/8 buggy build possible with all the current products available on the market?

I know there are threads about this but the old ones don't have the updated stuff that we can now throw at the build.

Budget is infinite basically no budget necessary.

Primarily bashing on the weekends with the ability to keep up with casual racers on the track if i have time - swapping out parts for the tack is not a big deal.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpartanRc
So what is the best 1/8 buggy build possible with all the current products available on the market?

I know there are threads about this but the old ones don't have the updated stuff that we can now throw at the build.

Budget is infinite basically no budget necessary.

Primarily bashing on the weekends with the ability to keep up with casual racers on the track if i have time - swapping out parts for the tack is not a big deal.
I like the way Team Durango has completed some of the build for the consumer. What about yourself ?
Old 09-19-2016, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ebuggy - Tekno EB48.3; it's the only one designed from the ground up as an ebuggy, or if you can find one, a Tekno v4 conversion kit with a donor Kyosho MP9 Tki4.

All the other race quality ebuggies are basically nitro e conversions. Durango used to make a specifically designed ebuggy chassis with the DEX408 V2, but has been discontinued in favor of the more standard nitro converted DEX8

edit: The Serpent Cobra 811 BE 2.1 is also specifically designed as an ebuggy and sitll available, I should know, I have one
Old 09-19-2016, 04:19 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The Sworkz S35-2E looks to have a ground up E buggy look with its straight drivetrain similar to how tekno does it.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Sworkz S35-2E is designed as e-buggy as well, many similar features to Tekno. It comes stock with universals at the wheels, has a nice straight center drive line, and is not super cramped (like Tekno).

I found Tekno stuff to be a step below Kyosho/Mugen/X Ray level. Good, but not the best. Tekno likes to use small diffs and more plastic instead of metal.

EB48 is a good car, but it was a nightmare when it first came out. I sent back all the out drives, all the diffs and the rear bulkhead due to mfg issues and tolerances with the first generation. Also had to modify the shocks to get them to seal. Oh yeah, I had to pay 50% for all the replacements too! That car probably cost as much as a Kyosho when it was actually ready to run!

I would go with Sworkz, X-Ray, Mugen or Kyosho and pair that with the new Hobbywing XR8 ESC and motor.
Not the "most expensive", but for sure one of the best.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

I did not see where the buggy had to be ground up specific for electric to be considered. I would say take look at the associated buggy since it seems they have really stepped up there game and mugen. Build wise I would throw a tekin rx8 gen2 and a 2050 motor at it for good measure. For the steering I tend to like the Hitec Titanium geared servos since they tend to be bulletproof.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Agama A215e, super durable, very tough and dependable.
I've been racing my hard since March and just now starting to show wear on the Front Center CV. All the Outdrives still in good shape and in process of doing full rebuild for indoor season and the stock bearings are still butter smooth
Old 09-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm leaning towards the rc8b32 or mugen 7r eco with tekin. I wanted to see what some of you are doing right now to give me some perspective before i pull the trigger.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Best Buggy is subjective depends on how you drive etc. I could build up HB Buggy right now and it would not drive like I want. Best Motor, if you ask the Orion guys they'll state their new magnesium cased motor. Tekin is awesome, both motors and ESC'S, yet HW and Reds are doing well too.

There is so much to chose from, Mugen (which is what I drive) or its Associated Clone. But from a steady trend, Kyosho has always been great (my previous chassis since the MP7.5).
Old 09-19-2016, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Kyosho, Mugen, or Xray. (only)
SMC motor.
Hitec 9475 brushless servo.
Two Fantom 2s 6000 lipos.
Hobby Wing ESC.
Jconcepts tires (all of em').
Jconcepts wheels.
Sanwa m12.
PTRC fluids.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:45 PM
B44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

losi 4.0!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2016, 12:55 AM
Tech Rookie

ebuggy - Tekno EB48.3
Old 09-20-2016, 04:56 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There used to be all sorts of different Ebuggys around here, now its pretty much a parade
of Teknos. No local shop pushing them, no pros, just word of mouth and people driving
each others cars. One guy still runs mugen but he does not seem to finish as high as he
used to.

Last edited by JsK; 09-20-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

local to me no one runs tekno is all mugen or tlr and I notice the mugen guys break way more parts than the tlr guys lol
Old 09-20-2016, 08:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpartanRc
I'm leaning towards the rc8b32 or mugen 7r eco with tekin. I wanted to see what some of you are doing right now to give me some perspective before i pull the trigger.
Out of those two I would look to see what are the common complaints and go from there. The mugen being around longer most likely has more of the issues hammered out than came up with various iterations it has had. Bear in mind too, there are rumors that an MBX8 may be on the way.

As for team associated's RC8B3E latest thing sounds like some people are having issues with the a-arms being a bit too flexible, kind of like the sc104x4 days where they would get bends in them.

As for electronics based on what you said (bashing and some racing), personally I would look for something that is waterproof depending on how your bashing sessions go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.