Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on Sworkz brand in USA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default Thoughts on Sworkz brand in USA?

Doing some do diligence on vehicle brands and got to see one of these vehicles up close and see how it performed and was curious what are thoughts on the Sworkz brand as far as:

- Level of Parts Support in the USA
- Support from the company for issues
- Level of commitment towards a pro race team
- Performance of this vehicle against the major players (AE, Losi, Mugen, Kyosho, etc) in 1/10 2wd buggy, 1/10 4wd buggy, and 1/8 Electric buggy
Old 09-11-2016, 05:43 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

It is going to be like any car that is not main stream. You will always have to stock extra and order online when you need stuff. If that is not a problem then not a big deal. Over the years I have ran a lot of not so main stream stuff and most of the time its not a problem but like anything else somethimes you will break and not have the part so your day will be done. If you don't break often then again not a huge problem. Overall its the standard price you pay to be a little different. From what I have read they are nice cars overall.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with wyd the car is okay but they are limited in distribution and dealers.You can only get the product from Amain and there is no team support.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I ran the S104 for half of this season. Great design, did have some availability issues, fragile. Car did not suite me. Team was helpful. Parts were a good price, but I had to buy to many.
They don't seem to promote in the US. I believe that they were recently bought. Things might change.
E
PS: Here is the first part of my review on the S104. A link to the second part is at the bottom.
https://factoryrchobbies.com/blogs/n...workz-s104-evo