buggy tweak

Old 09-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default buggy tweak

I've never been one to take care in off road setup, but I'm trying to change that. I just got a bmax2, 2nd hand. It's in good shape and came with heaps of spares. I've rebuilt it, made sure nothing is binding or bent, shocks are identical length. So I decided to measure droop for the first time and it's unequal front left-to-right. Is this a big deal? It's about 2mm. I've been trying to isolate the cause and it's taking a while. Is it likely to cause hassles? I can just screw out the bottom shock mount to compensate but would really like to figure it out. I thought maybe it was a twisted or warped arm/shock tower but it's not. Plastic chassis. All the links are correct. It's definitely not the shocks as I've swapped them around and double checked everything i can think of like balls studs. The droop is different left-to-right with and without the shocks on. I'm measuring it from the outer most point of the arms
Old 09-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Might check that the front arms are equal length. I think I remember that Yokomo has different length arms available.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks, I've replaced the front arms and shock tower with new ones as I thought maybe it was the mounting points that were awry