Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Three channel radios

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Three channel radios

What would you gentlemen suggest for a good radio that is fairly inexpensive that would be a good upgrade for the cars that I have listed below. All of these cars have the stock crystals that came with the cars. I think they are 27MHz AM. I just dont know a lot about these electronics yet, and I would like something that is not too complicated to operate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well there are 2 ways to go, either cheap or expensive... It looks like airtronics makes a 27mhz Am 3 channel computer radio that has 12 model memory. Otherwise you have the more expensive solution which would be to go with a 3 channel FM computer radio and purchase 2 extra recievers... I personally would do this and get a synthesized system while your at it.... Airtronics and Jr both make nice systems. I personally prefer JR radio and you can get the JR XS3 for $180 at Stormer hobbies, with the recievers costing $75 each... $350 might seem kinda steep, but concidering you get the security of an FM radio and can control up to 6 models (10 models if you decide to get the $220 XS3 pro)...... and you never have to worry about radio crystals or those stupid knobs getting bumped changing your settings while in transit ever agian!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks alot. I will consider your suggestions before I buy one.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Get a Hitec CRX. It is an easy to use radio system, has 3 channels (for tha TMAXX!) and or course, is FM.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Airtronics MX-3 FM 3-Channel is another great radio system. That's what I use.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXCHA8**&P=7