Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Anyone use the Hudy Setup System for 1/10 off-road? >

Anyone use the Hudy Setup System for 1/10 off-road?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone use the Hudy Setup System for 1/10 off-road?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Anyone use the Hudy Setup System for 1/10 off-road?

I just purchased the Hudy 1/10 off-road Setup System.

Does anyone else use this for 1/10 off-road? How useful do you find it?

Does anyone have any tips when using it? Do you use the 20mm blocks and the Hudy droop gauge, or do you use the GHEA blocks to setup with your exact ride height on the system?

I ordered the GHEA ride height blocks instead of the Hudy 20mm blocks to set with my exact ride height. But that makes me wonder how to measure droop if the Hudy droop gauge is based off of the 20mm blocks?
Old 08-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Overkill in my opinion. You can set overall shock length or travel before you put the shocks on the car. I check ride height via the adjustable GHEA gauge or you can use any other off-road style gauge available.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I use mine for new builds, major overhauls, or when doing major setup changes. It's nice but defiantly not necessary. I also use a pair of the Ghea blocks so I can use the specified ride height as my reference when comparing setups. Only issue with the Ghea blocks is I need 2 of the 20-30 and 2 of the 15-20 because the ride height ranges on the cars I use it for.

I leave mine at home on the bench, don't take it to the track. For verification of my setup while at the track I just use a camber gauge and large metal ruler.

Note that for stadium truck you will need the 1/8th off-road top plate.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I use mine only when I make changes to the cars. I was able to get a small plastic case just big enough to hold the setup station which allows me to bring to the track. In my opinion it's def worth the expense. I also use the ghea ride height gauge.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Overkill in my opinion. You can set overall shock length or travel before you put the shocks on the car. I check ride height via the adjustable GHEA gauge or you can use any other off-road style gauge available.
yeah i understand but im looking for the most repeatable and accurate setup and i think the hudy might be worth it to be frank witcha.

Originally Posted by AMessy
I use mine for new builds, major overhauls, or when doing major setup changes. It's nice but defiantly not necessary. I also use a pair of the Ghea blocks so I can use the specified ride height as my reference when comparing setups. Only issue with the Ghea blocks is I need 2 of the 20-30 and 2 of the 15-20 because the ride height ranges on the cars I use it for.

I leave mine at home on the bench, don't take it to the track. For verification of my setup while at the track I just use a camber gauge and large metal ruler.

Note that for stadium truck you will need the 1/8th off-road top plate.
i dont have a stadium truck. i also have the same issue with needing 2x 15-20mm and 2x 20-30mm ghea ride height gauges. for now i bought 1 of each.

i plan to bring my setup system to the track even, do you use setup wheels insead at the track or>

i find after a big crash or a setup change at the track sometimes it's tough to get everything all square and accurate, im thinking the hudy system will be the ticket

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
I use mine only when I make changes to the cars. I was able to get a small plastic case just big enough to hold the setup station which allows me to bring to the track. In my opinion it's def worth the expense. I also use the ghea ride height gauge.
what case? do you know which hudy case will fit the 1/10 off road version? theres no 1/10 off road specified carrying case like there is for the touring car or the 1/8 off and on road..
Old 08-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I use a similar one. I used to race 1/8 on road and these things are a "must have" if you want to race and have your car drive easy. It is very accurate. Compared to the RPM gauges and similar products... It's nowhere close to the readings you get. I compared how my buggies ran setup with the rpm gauge with the setup station( I have an old PBL setup station with an adapter). It was like night and day. You won't use it all the time only on major changes when you have to diassemble and assemble the car. Good buy!!
https://flic.kr/p/K4iy6R
Old 08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

1/10th scale and 1/8th scale offroad have too much slop in them to be at all accurate.

And seriously, are you going to rescale the car every time you make a change like ride height?
Old 08-09-2016, 11:49 AM
Suspended

BTW, the 110% ride height gauge is the best out there - it doesn't require you to reach under the car like the ghea and rawspeed do.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
1/10th scale and 1/8th scale offroad have too much slop in them to be at all accurate.

And seriously, are you going to rescale the car every time you make a change like ride height?
you actually use the setup station and change everything at the same time.... You do it only once. Aid you want to do it every run... Then that's your choice.

I do agree about slop ... Reason I usually add +/-0.5 tolerance... Just like any other adjustments.. You try it out and see the difference... Until you get that sweet spot of adjustment . It's like using the subtrim instead of the trim in your radio.... IMHO.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry, but I have found the set-up station to be a huge benefit. I couldn't believe the difference it made. In both 1/10 and 1/8. I have a RPM and Serpent camber gauge. I use a AE ride height gauge. But nothing compares to the Hudy when setting up a Buggy. I also used one for touring car.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Phillip F
you actually use the setup station and change everything at the same time.... You do it only once. Aid you want to do it every run... Then that's your choice.

I do agree about slop ... Reason I usually add +/-0.5 tolerance... Just like any other adjustments.. You try it out and see the difference... Until you get that sweet spot of adjustment . It's like using the subtrim instead of the trim in your radio.... IMHO.

.5mm is a huge change.

And remember, every ride height change means you need to check camber and toe.

So if you change ride height, you'll need to assemble your setup station to make these same adjustments.

But again, you can't be scientific about this, because of my main point; 1/10th scale offroad cars have too much slop to be at all accurate.

.5mm is HUGE, especially when the car can slop .2-.5 mm each way. This means you could have an almost 1mm change in something. That's more than 1 degree of camber and toe.

Please, tell me more about something I already know all about. The responses are genious.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

.5mm is a huge change.

And remember, every ride height change means you need to check camber and toe.

So if you change ride height, you'll need to assemble your setup station to make these same adjustments.

But again, you can't be scientific about this, because of my main point; 1/10th scale offroad cars have too much slop to be at all accurate.

.5mm is HUGE, especially when the car can slop .2-.5 mm each way. This means you could have an almost 1mm change in something. That's more than 1 degree of camber and toe.

Please, tell me more about something I already know all about. The responses are genious.
Socket u at times can be such a d___k. The guy was giving you his logic no need to get all personal about it. Lighten up buddy, it's a public forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
Socket u at times can be such a d___k. The guy was giving you his logic no need to get all personal about it. Lighten up buddy, it's a public forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Sorry if I came off personal.

I spent $150 on the Hudy setup station.

It was a giant waste.
For 1/12th scale, 1/10th scale TC, it makes complete sense. But I'm obnviously still a little bitter about that waste.

Ironically enough, the products I've regretted the most have all come from Hudy/xray.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry if I came off personal.

I spent $150 on the Hudy setup station.

It was a giant waste.
For 1/12th scale, 1/10th scale TC, it makes complete sense. But I'm obnviously still a little bitter about that waste.

Ironically enough, the products I've regretted the most have all come from Hudy/xray.
No issues dude. I find most of your stuff hilarious to read ( the VRP thing about the chassis weights) lol. Anyways all good bro
Old 08-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If you seriously in a racer yes hudy set station is the most accurate set up. I've been using this a year ago and love it so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.