Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree104Likes

Xray XT2 2WD Stadium Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 11:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Zero issues with the XT2, it is the usual XRAY amazing quality and durability. AE is a good buy, but XRAY is still the best quality out there.
Happen to be bored with stadium truck and selling yours? Haha.

But a more serious question, are there any immediate upgrades or easily broken parts you'd recommend for day 1? I figure since I'd have to order online I might as well get everything I need at once.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by mykol
I'm new to the area and just stopped by the track today. I used to run 4wd SCT about 7 years ago, and was just starting to get into stadium truck when life got busy. While down at the track today I heard the stadium truck class doesn't have the best showing here, and some people suggested buggy might be a better choice. I'm 99% certain I'm going stadium truck and torn between an XT2 and T6.2. Have you had an issues with parts breaking and/or availability? Seeing old threads I've seen people complain about the older models of the XT2, but I'm hoping they've all been solved.
At the PDX track the truck class is very well attended and has seen a resurgence in recent months. Several of us now run them and have a great time!
The XT2 is awesome, but to be fair the AE is the more prevalent chassis with the most racers to bounce ideas off.

If you go with the XT2, aluminum steering components help making the steering more precise: bell cranks, steering link or servo horn (in no particular order and you don't need all 3 at once).

Other than that, the truck never breaks!

Enjoy.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:52 AM
Tech Rookie

awesome, I'm really glad to hear it. I was on the fence, but ended up getting the XT2C'21. The AE seems more common, bit also seems like it needs a bit of work to be solid for carpet. I'm planning to just use the basic carpet setup from the XRay websote and see how it does for me. Im so rusty I'll likely end up in novice open class for a bit, haha.

Most of my stuff comes in middle of next week so I'm hoping to be on the track in a couple weeks.
JCG1 likes this.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by mykol
awesome, I'm really glad to hear it. I was on the fence, but ended up getting the XT2C'21. The AE seems more common, bit also seems like it needs a bit of work to be solid for carpet. I'm planning to just use the basic carpet setup from the XRay websote and see how it does for me. Im so rusty I'll likely end up in novice open class for a bit, haha.

Most of my stuff comes in middle of next week so I'm hoping to be on the track in a couple weeks.
Great, look forward to seeing you.
PDX is the friendliest track, feel free to ask for support from anyone. Also, Jimmy and Kenny are the top Xray drivers and always willing to lend a hand.

Most importantly.... Drive and enjoy!
Old 05-30-2022, 03:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Brass blocks for ‘21

Are there brass c and d blocks available for the ‘21s? Found this but the c block is a different screw pattern (‘18?). Am running loose dirt. TIA

Old 05-30-2022, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check the manual. Option parts like this are listed with the stock parts in the manual.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dysl3xicDog
Check the manual. Option parts like this are listed with the stock parts in the manual.
Did that, manual doesn’t show any options for the c and d blocks

Old 05-30-2022, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Usually with Xray, everything that fits, is mentioned in the manual. Rarely there are parts coming for other or later models that fit previous models.
fatsax54 likes this.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For high grip indoor dirt where it's slicks, i hear some run the carpet version. Is that true? Any thoughts on which version would be best on that dirt? Thanks
Old 07-27-2022, 03:40 PM
Tech Initiate

I've just ordered an XT2C 21 and I'm reading through the manual, does the manual specify where to use threadlock, I can't see it but want to check I'm not missing something? Any tips for building Xray kits? I run Schumacher 1/10th and Associated 1/8th but this was too good a deal to pass up. Looking forward to trying a new brand.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baconracer
I've just ordered an XT2C 21 and I'm reading through the manual, does the manual specify where to use threadlock, I can't see it but want to check I'm not missing something? Any tips for building Xray kits? I run Schumacher 1/10th and Associated 1/8th but this was too good a deal to pass up. Looking forward to trying a new brand.
Check the legend at the beginning, the manual shows where to use thread lock.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:43 PM
Tech Rookie

They are there - the little TL icon.. it's just there are virtually no metal/metal bonds so I think it's only used once for the ball diff version in the kit setup(?)

You can swap the servo mount for a yeah racing alloy adjustable pillar variety, which requires shorter flathead screws for the chassis attachment, to more easily fit some LP servos without dremeling the kit plastic servo mount. From memory that addition plus the diff is literally the only threadlock I've used in my XT2 D '21.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks, as you say the lack of metal to metal means you don't use it often. Found the little icon in the legend. This is just going to be a fun car for me as we don't have a regular stadium class at the nearby tracks, looking forward to the build.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Generally, put some thread lock (the medium strength blue stuff, not red or green!) on any screw that goes into metal, and never into plastic. No manual needed for that.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Nearly finished my XT2, has anyone found the inside wheel rubs the steering link at full lock when using Xray wheels? I'm trying to follow this setup, but even before I add the bumper steer washers it rubbing.

https://site.petitrc.com/setup/xray/...ghton20220724/

Last edited by baconracer; 08-17-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.