Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by floyd2810
i run blockades on mine glued on to de solid dish rims.
they worked great. it's not the blockades.
Yep, checked that. Nothing is rubbing. The BLOCKADES are the only common denominator everytime it happens. So saying it's not the BLOCKADES is silly. I'm running losi rims not DE
Old 10-03-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Deton8er
Yep, checked that. Nothing is rubbing. The BLOCKADES are the only common denominator everytime it happens. So saying it's not the BLOCKADES is silly. I'm running losi rims not DE
you think it's the tires?? and there getting to much traction?

i would bet against that theory but hey it's your truck???
Old 10-03-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

you think it's the tires?? and there getting to much traction?

i would bet against that theory but hey it's your truck???
What is your theory? I've replaced everything else.
Have you read the posts. The BLOCKADES are the only common denominator. Like I've said before. No other tire makes this happen.
Yes, I think I have too much traction in the wide open left hand sweepers
Old 10-03-2016, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

if it's the blockades then it has to be that one tire is fare off balanced.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

if it's the blockades then it has to be that one tire is fare off balanced.
It's been 3 brand new sets of blockades and tires. So it's always different. Like I said I've changed everything except the wheel brand. Gonna try BLOCKADES and DE wheels next. If that doesn't work then I don't know
Old 10-03-2016, 09:03 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What is your theory? I've replaced everything else.
Have you read the posts. The BLOCKADES are the only common denominator. Like I've said before. No other tire makes this happen.
Yes, I think I have too much traction in the wide open left hand sweepers
It's not the Blockades. Guaranteed they don't have the traction of a clay tires on a higher grip track.

Make sure to crank down those wheel nuts.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
It's not the Blockades. Guaranteed they don't have the traction of a clay tires on a higher grip track.

Make sure to crank down those wheel nuts.
i agree. has to be user error, or potentially a bad bearing or something of the nature as discussed before. something has to be overlooked.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

It's been 3 brand new sets of blockades and tires. So it's always different. Like I said I've changed everything except the wheel brand. Gonna try BLOCKADES and DE wheels next. If that doesn't work then I don't know
Hmmm,
It wont have anything to do with tire brand.

Has it been the same brand wheel each time?

It is possible the axle threads run out before wheel gets tight. Take stub axle out. Put hex on and wheel brand you are having issue with. Tighten and see if wheel nut is actually tight on the rim or bottoms out on axle threads before it gets tight on wheel. Try same with a different axle nut and hex.

If you have calipers you can take all wheels off, install wheel nuts without wheel and then measure distance from hex face to wheel nut flange. Keep track of where the parts come from so you can figure out what part if any are different.

Could also be a bad hex that is not at the same stop point on axle. Swap hex from another wheel and measure distance from wheel nut flange to hex face.

Check thickness of wheel where hex and nut flange would touch it. Could be too thin from over tightening wheel nuts.

You will find it, but might take some serious effort on measuring parts and swapping them around.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lyons238
i agree. has to be user error, or potentially a bad bearing or something of the nature as discussed before. something has to be overlooked.
I replaced the bearings. If it is user error then why does it only happen with BLOCKADES????? Let me repeat that's. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN RUNNING BLOCKADES!!!
User error...
Old 10-03-2016, 11:44 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I replaced the bearings. If it is user error then why does it only happen with BLOCKADES????? Let me repeat that's. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN RUNNING BLOCKADES!!!
User error...
I'm sorry, but after multiple pages on the topic, we just don't know what else to say on the topic. You're the only person whose ever had this issues with TLR wheels. And it makes zero sense that blockades would cause the issue, especially when tons of other guys run slicks on clay (which is probably 2-3+ times the grip and load), and don't have any issue.

No one knows what is causing the issue, we've all given our suggestions which you say are all wrong, and insist is the blockades, which I bet my house on isn't the issue. We don't have your truck in our hands, so we can't check for issue ourselves. The only thing I know for sure, is that it isn't an issue with the wheels.

Back to the new truck. How's everybody finishing with the new rig?
Bildo likes this.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm sorry, but after multiple pages on the topic, we just don't know what else to say on the topic. You're the only person whose ever had this issues with TLR wheels. And it makes zero sense that blockades would cause the issue, especially when tons of other guys run slicks on clay (which is probably 2-3+ times the grip and load), and don't have any issue.

No one knows what is causing the issue, we've all given our suggestions which you say are all wrong, and insist is the blockades, which I bet my house on isn't the issue. We don't have your truck in our hands, so we can't check for issue ourselves. The only thing I know for sure, is that it isn't an issue with the wheels.

once again, totally true. i gave all the reasonable potential causes of this problem. sometimes it doesn't take much to create a lot of heat, things can be overlooked.

OP try doing some laps and feeling your axles with or without blockades that makes no sense - i think thats a coincidence or something because tires would never cause your wheel to blowout LOL.

dude just take what we're saying and dot your i's and cross your t's. guarantee it's something stupid that was overlooked. maybe you have the wrong size pin in your CVD and the thing is friction city, there's so many things...

ALSO FRANK

I don't have the truck, but I had the 2.0. I'd love to get a 3.0 it looks amazing. im just waiting to see what happens with the class at my local track. I'm from new england where there's not as many tracks or drivers as you guys have out in Cali and some other places.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm not saying your suggestions are wrong. I'm saying I replaced everything that was suggested.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

It is altogether I am hoping this Saturday I can go to rainman's hobbies and get some Laps on it. Excited to see what it will do
Old 10-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Frank Root/Casper..

Are you guys running the esc in the front or rear position?

What servo arm is working well?
Old 10-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Got my first race on Sunday, very bumpy astro, suits SC trucks and will be interesting to see how I compare to my best times with the Tekno.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.