Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by raved007
Guys do you know what size the differential black o-ring? The stock o-ring seems not good it started leaking center differential and rear differential already empty oil only 4 race. I upgrade x-ray washer still leaking came from driveshaft. I think the silicone clear seems good but don't know what the size.
You must not be building them properly.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
This will get you started
http://www.rctech.net/forum/14687697-post9264.html

First 4 minutes of this will also help as the ebuggy diff is same design as the truck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhMZpNZNck
You shim behind the diff bearing to move the ring gear over closer to the pinion gear. Shimming is how you set your ring & pinion backlash. Just like on a real car.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Casper, when are you going to update your page for 3.0 setups?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default SIC 2017

My 3.0 handled great this past weekend at the Southern Indoor Championship. Best modified suspension on the track through the whoops. 16 trucks lined up on the motocross starting gate was a new twist for the A Main. No way to know who was going to make it clean through the first turn. Mix of TLR and Tekno trucks in the A Main. One Tekno on 4s. A well setup 2.0 truck driven by a seasoned TLR driver would dominate the class for the win. Mostly a stock truck, just drove it clean and hit his marks better than the rest of us. First time I have raced truck on a big track with top drivers. Very happy with results and handling from the bigger 2.0 springs. They just work.

The Starting Gate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQRcr455Iko
Attached Thumbnails TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread-sic_1285.jpg   TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread-sic_1280.jpg  

Last edited by Thunder Trail; 02-03-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi RCTech forum.
New here...I'm about to build my 3.0 as soon as its shipped and have a question about the KV on Tekin Pro 4 HD
First, I will be running indoor(Columbus, Ohio), most likely using a 2S battery, but would like to know the opinions on installing a Tekin 3S motor to get more out. Would a KV 3000, 2500 or 1850 run well, out of control, need a lot of adjustments or just not needed?

I just don't want to regret installing a 2S 4300/3500 and wish I went the other. The ESC will be Mamba Max Extreme.

BTW; A lot of helpful tips on this thread I've appreciated. Thanks much everyone.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ObuckiO
Hi RCTech forum.
New here...I'm about to build my 3.0 as soon as its shipped and have a question about the KV on Tekin Pro 4 HD
First, I will be running indoor(Columbus, Ohio), most likely using a 2S battery, but would like to know the opinions on installing a Tekin 3S motor to get more out. Would a KV 3000, 2500 or 1850 run well, out of control, need a lot of adjustments or just not needed?

I just don't want to regret installing a 2S 4300/3500 and wish I went the other. The ESC will be Mamba Max Extreme.

BTW; A lot of helpful tips on this thread I've appreciated. Thanks much everyone.
Don't buy anything until you know the rules for the tracks you will be racing. Some have rules for 2s lipo and motor limits. Others don't. Ask them first. Then see what locals that finish well are using.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Don't buy anything until you know the rules for the tracks you will be racing. Some have rules for 2s lipo and motor limits. Others don't. Ask them first. Then see what locals that finish well are using.
Thanks for help.
Great thing to mention. I haven't noticed that being the factor, but agree that could be an issue somewhere else if not there too.

If it didn't matter on either track we have to choose from, what KV might you attempt to put on, even if I had a back up motor for competition?
*** Just found out that it matters when they run stock races....Which I doubt I ever qualify for anyhow.

Our tracks are- Ohio RC factory and Sparks Park RC
Old 01-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks for help.
Great thing to mention. I haven't noticed that being the factor, but agree that could be an issue somewhere else if not there too.

If it didn't matter on either track we have to choose from, what KV might you attempt to put on, even if I had a back up motor for competition?
*** Just found out that it matters when they run stock races....Which I doubt I ever qualify for anyhow.

Our tracks are- Ohio RC factory and Sparks Park RC
Hello, I would go to sparks park rc and talk to a guy named Will Jones he has the new SCTE 3.0 as well as he has been racing the 2.0 the last couple years. He probably would be the best guy to talk to on what tires/electronics probably even help you out with setup. He is probably the top guy in that class at sparks at the moment.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

I doubt you would regret running the 4300 on 2S.
I am not a Tekin guy as I favor running hobbywing stuff personally.
That being said I have zero regrets running a 4700 with the hobbywing XR8 SCT ESC.
More than enough power for any track I have ran on to be honest.
Now that hobbywing came out with the new G2 4300 3652 motor, it is now ROAR legal to boot.
And not here to dog equipment, but not to many people have much luck with the Castle stuff. If you want an edge on things I would suggest getting a hobbywing, orion or Tekin ESC to go with your motor choice.
If you decide to go with hobbywing (which I highly recommend) you will definitely want to run both their ESC and motor together. The G2 motors have a shielded hall sensor and allow you to run them in full time sensor mode which is super nice and powerful.

3652 G2 motor

XR8 SCT Pro ESC

If you decide to stay with Tekin stuff, I would prolly get the RX8 Gen2 ESC
Old 01-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maddog9
Hello, I would go to sparks park rc and talk to a guy named Will Jones he has the new SCTE 3.0 as well as he has been racing the 2.0 the last couple years. He probably would be the best guy to talk to on what tires/electronics probably even help you out with setup. He is probably the top guy in that class at sparks at the moment.
+1 Great advice and its free

I'll add that my 2s setup is as fast as any 3s setup going by the clock. Can turn same lap times as 4s ebuggy. Spend your money on quality 2s stuff that is legal everywhere. Wish they would allow 3s or 4s only because it runs cooler. I do require motor fan and 100c lipos to get this speed on 2s.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Good advice, thanks.

I might know who you're talking about. I intended to check with Mike or Bruce as well, (Open tonight).
It seems they favor Tekin/Orion around there.

Appreciate it, ObuckiO
Old 01-25-2017, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

+1 Great advice and its free

I'll add that my 2s setup is as fast as any 3s setup going by the clock. Can turn same lap times as 4s ebuggy. Spend your money on quality 2s stuff that is legal everywhere. Wish they would allow 3s or 4s only because it runs cooler. I do require motor fan and 100c lipos to get this speed on 2s.
Do you run a cap pack to? I seen an 18 degree difference running one with my old SCT pro ESC. The battery was the most dramatic temp decrease with the ESC and motor not far behind
Old 01-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Good advice, thanks.

I might know who you're talking about. I intended to check with Mike or Bruce as well, (Open tonight).
It seems they favor Tekin/Orion around there.

Appreciate it, ObuckiO
Yeah they probably would be helpful, but definitely if you can find Will Jones he would be the best guy to talk to. I haven't ran the class since the 8ight-E 4.0 came out so I can't really tell you what the latest and greatest is. I am a fan of tekin so I would definitely recommend the rx8 gen 2. I use to run a tenshock 4600kv 550 can motor with a smc 7200 2s batteries. Then I switched to a thunderpower 4.5T 2 pole 550 can and orion r10 pro with smc7200 2s because that was the fastest combo in our area and much easier to drive in doors and out(probably still the fastest). Servo I ran a spektrum 6040 and a hitec 7955. I run clay MC Electrons on buggy at Sparks and on nitro day at the factory I ran HB pink beams. Hope this helps!
Old 01-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Josh L;14814803]I doubt you would regret running the 4300 on 2S.
I am not a Tekin guy as I favor running hobbywing stuff personally.
That being said I have zero regrets running a 4700 with the hobbywing XR8 SCT ESC.
More than enough power for any track I have ran on to be honest.
Now that hobbywing came out with the new G2 4300 3652 motor, it is now ROAR legal to boot.
And not here to dog equipment, but not to many people have much luck with the Castle stuff. If you want an edge on things I would suggest getting a hobbywing, orion or Tekin ESC to go with your motor choice.
If you decide to go with hobbywing (which I highly recommend) you will definitely want to run both their ESC and motor together. The G2 motors have a shielded hall sensor and allow you to run them in full time sensor mode which is super nice and powerful.

This was recommended by my Hobby shop owner. I've had a bit more bad luck with some of there ESC's than Castle's. However, you and many others I've heard/read on has had a great outcome using HW. I'll admit, i'm the newer guy on the track.

I'll really think about going with that set up before I buy anything. Thanks a great deal.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah they probably would be helpful, but definitely if you can find Will Jones he would be the best guy to talk to. I haven't ran the class since the 8ight-E 4.0 came out so I can't really tell you what the latest and greatest is. I am a fan of tekin so I would definitely recommend the rx8 gen 2. I use to run a tenshock 4600kv 550 can motor with a smc 7200 2s batteries. Then I switched to a thunderpower 4.5T 2 pole 550 can and orion r10 pro with smc7200 2s because that was the fastest combo in our area and much easier to drive in doors and out(probably still the fastest). Servo I ran a spektrum 6040 and a hitec 7955. I run clay MC Electrons on buggy at Sparks and on nitro day at the factory I ran HB pink beams. Hope this helps!
I think I made the mistake by putting a Redline 7.5T in a 2wd Torment. I had to turn the throttle way down to keep it from spinning. That was another reason I decided to save up for the SCTE 3.0 I got so sick of dumping cash in that 2wd Torment. I'm about to put its(Torments) set-up in a new TLR 22-4 2.0.

-I usually like running my Associated B8.2e(Tekin T8 1900 kv).

I will ask around for Will and hopefully he's there tonight. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.