Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree68Likes

Old 01-10-2017, 05:41 AM   #1006
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzztech View Post
LoL I was wondering about that myself too today. Haven't painted the body yet
Lol, I haven't painted mine either. I finally got all 14 holes cut out for the vents. Oh what fun. Lol
sykemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:30 AM   #1007
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykemike View Post
I just got the last losi high performance scte body and wondering does anybody use the fins that mount I'm assuming on the back somewhere? Or do they get destroyed in rolling or Flipping over? Can someone please send a picture with the fins on. Thanks in advance.

they do work. you will notice it on a bigger track more speed.
small track not so much. i cut out air vents and use the wings too.
they will get bent and destroyed rolling over.

save all the extra plastic when cutting out new bodies and use that to make
new back wings. i feel it's worth the extra work.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #1008
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I'm new to the 4x4 short course world. I just ordered this truck along with a hobbywing XR8 sct plus esc and matching hobbywing Xerun 4 pole 4300kv motor. I will be racing on a smaller/medium indoor med/high bite track. What is a good starting point for pinion gear?
Wheetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #1009
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykemike View Post
Lol, I haven't painted mine either. I finally got all 14 holes cut out for the vents. Oh what fun. Lol
Oh good thing my old xxx-sct body is a direct slip on fit. I like how Losi got all the body posts aligned for different and legacy models. So I'll take my sweet time painting the new one.
zzztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:00 AM   #1010
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheetie View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the 4x4 short course world. I just ordered this truck along with a hobbywing XR8 sct plus esc and matching hobbywing Xerun 4 pole 4300kv motor. I will be racing on a smaller/medium indoor med/high bite track. What is a good starting point for pinion gear?
Start with a 15-16t. From there you should find a good medium till you know if you need more grunt or top end.
I run the HW 4700 in my trucks and I generally stay within 15t there, but I run a taller gear than most people do to soften acceleration.
With a 4300 and a 15t pinion, you should have a torque monster
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:01 AM   #1011
Tech Initiate

I have just ordered my 3.0. I might run it on carpet a couple times during the winter. What tires are you guys running on high grip carpet? Tight tracks. I was thinking of running Schumacher Staggers on the front and pins on the rear.
Washout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:08 AM   #1012
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washout View Post
I have just ordered my 3.0. I might run it on carpet a couple times during the winter. What tires are you guys running on high grip carpet? Tight tracks. I was thinking of running Schumacher Staggers on the front and pins on the rear.
I run my 3.0 on carpet as well and high grip astro. Pins up front as well but trim or grind off a few rows inside and out depending on grip levels.
cutting42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #1013
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting42 View Post
I run my 3.0 on carpet as well and high grip astro. Pins up front as well but trim or grind off a few rows inside and out depending on grip levels.
Thanks,

I know on my track with my 4WD buggy that if I run pins on the front I will traction roll in every corner. I was kinda worried about the same reaction with my SCTE 3.0. Have you tried staggers before? Or are they more of a 2WD short course tire?
Washout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #1014
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheetie View Post
Im running the 4000kv and using a 16t with 10* of boost and a RX8. Motor comes off at about 160 on our14 second track and esc doesn't have a fan and comes off plenty cool .

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #1015
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is anyone else running shock oils down around 32f /27r with the stock pistons ?

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #1016
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

In cold weather I could see that.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:06 PM   #1017
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'M THINKING ABOUT BUYING THIS TRUCK. SHOULD I DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to run it on an 8th scale outdoor track too CAN IT HOLD UP!!!!!!!
kevingrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:41 PM   #1018
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingrods View Post
I'M THINKING ABOUT BUYING THIS TRUCK. SHOULD I DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to run it on an 8th scale outdoor track too CAN IT HOLD UP!!!!!!!
If you are a clean driver go for it. Truck is tough, but can be broken. Just know that it is not as tough as a 1/8 ebuggy. It will need stiffer springs. Just drive with common sense and it can take about anything.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #1019
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Battery strap set-up

So during my most recent visit to my local track, my battery came flying loose on the straight away in Q2. Same thing happened to my buddy in Q1 but he wasn't so lucky as the battery leads ripped the pole right off his esc. We both had lost the body clips that keep the battery strap in place. Another friend got his chuckle on as he has the 2.0 which has the thumb screw setup for the battery-strap. It looks pretty solid in my eyes. I'm wondering if this thumb screw set up is compatible on the 3.0? Looking at the parts it seems like the aluminum post (from part TLR23004) would fit right into the battery stops that came with the 3.0 and all I would need are the thumb screws (TLR231003). Can anyone confirm this?
Old 01-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #1020
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InARush View Post
So during my most recent visit to my local track, my battery came flying loose on the straight away in Q2. Same thing happened to my buddy in Q1 but he wasn't so lucky as the battery leads ripped the pole right off his esc. We both had lost the body clips that keep the battery strap in place. Another friend got his chuckle on as he has the 2.0 which has the thumb screw setup for the battery-strap. It looks pretty solid in my eyes. I'm wondering if this thumb screw set up is compatible on the 3.0? Looking at the parts it seems like the aluminum post (from part TLR23004) would fit right into the battery stops that came with the 3.0 and all I would need are the thumb screws (TLR231003). Can anyone confirm this?
Yup it will fit that i've been running that in my 3.0 with out any problem better than stock.
raved007 is offline   Reply With Quote