R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree59Likes

Old 01-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #961
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordohio View Post
Not sure if you guys know this or not. The 3.0 front arms reach further forward than the 2.0 arms. So the wheelbase is actually about the same as the 2.0.

I have driven 3 3.0s. They all had a strange feeling to me. If i caught a tube or rut odd. The truck would just kinda take off on me. Flip over or shoot me across the track. I went back to the 2.0 arms. And my truck feels so much more controlled in those situations. Made my truck easier for me to drive. Lap times improved very slightly. But my consistency has gone back up. I guess you can tune with the arms and use it similar to the "sweep" adjustments the tekno has.

Also i used the 2.0 arms with 3.0 knuckles. You will need a little shim work to make this work. So there is more adjustment there now too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsn95 View Post
Wrong thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barillms View Post
The SCTE doesnt have sweep adjustment.
He said "similar " to the sweep adjustment . He didn't say it had it , he said changing the arms would be an adjustment similar to changing arm sweep on the tekno. Seems like a fair comparison to me

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:23 AM   #962
Tech Fanatic

If you guys change wheel tire combinations fairly often locking hexes would be beneficial.
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #963
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith B View Post
If you guys change wheel tire combinations fairly often locking hexes would be beneficial.
agreed, but keep in mind that you need the +.5mm locking hexes for the rear to keep the wheel base width the same as the front.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...332014/p275670

And one set for the front>

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-al...sb3493/p215178
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:41 AM   #964
Tech Adept

Since when do you need +.5 hexs in the rear??
Savox Servos
HRP - Hobby & Recreation Products
Barillms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:36 AM   #965
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Can't say you need them but we have been running them for a couple years now.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #966
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barillms View Post
Since when do you need +.5 hexs in the rear??
This has always been a good tuning option.
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #967
Tech Rookie

Default Motor Help!

very new to SCT, just built this kit - stoked!

seeing LOTS of different opinions on motors....here and everywhere else. was about to pull the trigger on a tekin pro 4 HD then started finding a lot of ppl that like 2 poles...

any advice? the truck/motor will ideally fit two tracks (after tuning, of course) - an indoor, small (12-13 sec laps) med-high bite clay track, and an outdoor "1/8 scale" track that is currently being built-this will be a "medium-large" track and I'm not entirely sure what the surface will look like yet. as of now i'll be running the orion r10.1 (because I have it already.)

2 pole? 4 pole? either will work but why do you like one over the other?

thanks!!
teekv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #968
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

best bang for the buck, and honestly probably a top 5 motor anyways is the Hobbywing 4000kv . its a 4 pole but 2 pole setups are kinda a special taste item. to me 4 pole has more torque and like being driven slow or fast, 2 poles are boggy down low and rip up top, but possibly hook up better due to the curve. these are only my observations and alot of other variables play in. if youre going to run the 10.1 esc in a 4wd truck i would suggest replacing the stock fan with a WTF fan, you will probably have to switch the wire polarity around in the harness on the wtf fan....
smoke229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #969
Tech Prophet

I like the straight up Tekin Pro-4 4600. The HD are monsters with bottom end power and can be harder to control with a heavy trigger finger. I love the power band of the Pro-4 and the RX8

Old 01-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #970
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I like the straight up Tekin Pro-4 4600. The HD are monsters with bottom end power and can be harder to control with a heavy trigger finger. I love the power band of the Pro-4 and the RX8
Is there any benefit to running a full Tekin or Hobbywing combo vs. a mixed setup like a Tekin RX8 + Hobbywing motor?
decyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:21 PM   #971
Tech Prophet

Tekin 255 software is pretty amazing. extra smooth and the drive freq and torque settings allowed really come in handy when taming down the power or tuning to a feel you are looking for. I have not used the hobbywing stuff so can't comment on it other than I know guys you are please with the performance. I don't see a reason mixing is a problem.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #972
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

The Tekin ESC software is the best it has ever been. Sure, you can get nearly the same performance from brand XYZ, but the RX8 is clearly the front runner.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #973
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekv1 View Post
very new to SCT, just built this kit - stoked!

seeing LOTS of different opinions on motors....here and everywhere else. was about to pull the trigger on a tekin pro 4 HD then started finding a lot of ppl that like 2 poles...

any advice? the truck/motor will ideally fit two tracks (after tuning, of course) - an indoor, small (12-13 sec laps) med-high bite clay track, and an outdoor "1/8 scale" track that is currently being built-this will be a "medium-large" track and I'm not entirely sure what the surface will look like yet. as of now i'll be running the orion r10.1 (because I have it already.)

2 pole? 4 pole? either will work but why do you like one over the other?

thanks!!
You can't beat the hobbywing stuff. Mine has been solid as a rock for at least 3 years now. The 3656 motors are beasts and smooth power delivery. The only weird thing with the hobbywing is the lvc. You have to set it low, around 2.6 volts per cell otherwise it will cutoff early. As far as the tekin stuff, I never really cared for the rx8. It was like an on off switch with the power delivery.
losicorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #974
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you run the newer hobbywing ESC's you should definitely run their motor. The reason is due to a lot of the newer features requiring a shielded hall sensor motor, which is what their new G2 motors have.
You can run the hobbywing stuff with other brands, but you are just going to miss out on some of the features. I have been running a hobbywing 4700 for a while now on two trucks and they are killer powerful and run cool. But now that the G2 motors are out I will be getting one of the new 4300's they just released.
Josh L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #975
Tech Prophet

losicory-- You have not run the lastest few software versions.