Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread >

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

ok need help i have the groov on the trunbuckl to the left side but on get short i i pull to the front and one gets long iff i pull to the front they all are off set to the left?
Old 11-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vito
ok need help i have the groov on the trunbuckl to the left side but on get short i i pull to the front and one gets long iff i pull to the front they all are off set to the left?
Clockwise makes them longer. Counter clockwise makes them shorter... when looking at the link from the notched side (left side of the car).
Old 11-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ASA
What would be the must hv upgrades when buying this truck?......the main ones I can see to make it bullet proof are pinch bolt wheel hexes, alloy diff inserts, alloy steering horn.......anything else I would need guys?
Hoping to purchase before Xmas all going well
Must have are:
#1 Clamping wheel hexs
#2 TLR aluminum steering top plate
#3 Silver Rear Springs
#4 Brown front springs
#5 +4 Spring retainer cups on all 4 shocks
#6 TLR aluminum servo horn
#7 X Ray diff washers
#8 Stainless steel screws for diffs (they don't strip)

Last edited by Barillms; 11-12-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sykemike
If your at the track and don't have your shock oils with you and the rear of the truck is chassis slapping, is there any thing I can change or do? Thanks in advance.
Raise the ride height. All trucks are going to bottom out, thats normal.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sykemike
In racing lips battery electric buggys/trucks, do y'all repeak the lipo battery just before you set it on the track like we did to nicad's in the early 90"s ?
Nope. Always balance charge them. Thats all you have to do.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barillms
Raise the ride height. All trucks are going to bottom out, thats normal.
Thank you very much
Old 11-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nope. Always balance charge them. Thats all you have to do.
Thank you very much
Old 11-12-2016, 07:25 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Must have are:
#1 Clamping wheel hexs
#2 TLR aluminum steering top plate
#3 Silver Rear Springs
#4 Brown front springs
#5 +4 Spring retainer cups on all 4 shocks
#6 TLR aluminum servo horn
#7 X Ray diff washers
#8 Stainless steel screws for diffs (they don't strip)
Is that the offset horn for the 22? do you have a part number for the x-ray washers?
cheers Aaron
Old 11-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASA
Is that the offset horn for the 22? do you have a part number for the x-ray washers?
cheers Aaron
There are many servo horns that will work, but the 22 horn seems to be popular.

Diff washer info provided in link I gave you. Check out the first post, everything you need to know about the diffs to include screws are covered.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...oof-diffs.html

Stanless steel is soft for screws. SS screws don't hold up as well as harden steel. Its a fact. Titanium is nearly as good as steel, but expensive and sometimes you don't get the quality titanium. i have had great results with Mugen titanium screws, but those are metric.

IMO the upper steering plate to have is made by King headz. The plastic one flexes and I have broke a few on 2.0 truck and pulled screws out on the Losi unit when used as Pro8 conversion.
This is the final one time fix:
http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...5ecc160cbdf8ea
Old 11-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ASA
cheers Aaron
XRA964050
Old 11-12-2016, 09:59 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Cheers guys, thanks for the info
Old 11-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Some good news on the Associated shock springs. I used the gray springs front and rear recommended by Cutter in this thread. I left truck sitting 6 days on tires with lipo and body on, so full weight. I cycled shocks a few times but mostly let it sit. I just spent 30 mutes cycling the shocks and scaling the truck again. Results are good with less than 1.mm of sag. That tells me the springs are not going to sag out. Only thing I don't like is the rear shock springs are lightly rubbing the shock body. I was able to turn the spring to a few different spots where it barely hits. Annoying, but they fit good and work. Its a direct fit and springs are longer providing optimum amount of adjustment in either direction to get perfect ride height.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ASA
cheers Aaron
Im running the offset horn for the 22.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail

Stanless steel is soft for screws. SS screws don't hold up as well as harden steel. Its a fact. Titanium is nearly as good as steel, but expensive and sometimes you don't get the quality titanium. i have had great results with Mugen titanium screws, but those are metric.
Ive been using stainless steel screws from McMaster Carr in my Tekno diffs for 2 years. And now im running them in my SCTE diffs and they haven't stripped out at all. Much better than stock, and you can get 20 of them for $5.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Some good news on the Associated shock springs. I used the gray springs front and rear recommended by Cutter in this thread. I left truck sitting 6 days on tires with lipo and body on, so full weight. I cycled shocks a few times but mostly let it sit. I just spent 30 mutes cycling the shocks and scaling the truck again. Results are good with less than 1.mm of sag. That tells me the springs are not going to sag out. Only thing I don't like is the rear shock springs are lightly rubbing the shock body. I was able to turn the spring to a few different spots where it barely hits. Annoying, but they fit good and work. Its a direct fit and springs are longer providing optimum amount of adjustment in either direction to get perfect ride height.
Thanks for the testing. Our whole team has moved to the AE truck springs now.

We did a demo run at a 1/10th buggy indoor meeting a couple of weeks back with four of the trucks being the 3.0 and there has been a lot of interest in how well they ran on the carpet and the local dealer has them flying off the shelves. Hope we see a further pickup in the class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.