TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Like Tree186Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sykemike
For those who glue tires to rims, what's the best and easiest to apply pro-
tire glue these days? Also what brand please. Thanks in advance.
I have always had great success with Losi glue indoor and outdoor. Some work great cool weather others better for warm so you get different opinions that way as well. Some don't like certain rubbers. I have always had good luck with losi glue. Only tricky tires for me have been JC gold and those need to be cleaned well.

Originally Posted by winstonite
Those of you who have had a chance to weigh your SCTE 3.0's...is this about right?
you can take off the side nerf bars and remove more of the rear bumper if you are concerned with weight. Just offering low hanging fruit if you are looking to put her on a diet.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by winstonite
Thanks for the feedback Thunder Trail My previous SCTE was a 1.0, I like the idea of the 2.0 screw on the lipo holder that you mentioned, gonna look it up. As for the mount, it's a: Jammin-Products-TEN-SCTE-2-0-Carbon-Center-Top-Plate-amp-Transponder-Mount. Appreciate the info!
The 2.0 screw down system with graphite strap is the most secure. It also works best if modifying the lipo stops to slide lipo over.

I might make a holder like that one you use for transponder, but I want it for my receiver. Would like to get the receiver off chassis to keep dirt out. A mount like that would allow room under it to cover receiver with a balloon. It would fit like a sock over mount, receiver and wires exit out the front side. Also would allow easy install of Vet tape, or gauze tape. Its an idea I have kicked around a while. I tried a box, but I don't want to add that much wt to the heavy side of truck.

Another idea others have used is a lexan cover or shield. I don't think it would work as well, but anything is better than leaving it out in the open to fill with dirt shoveled in from the right front tire during right hand turns on throttle.

Currently use some tape, but it only helps so much do to location. Any ideas from others who have 2.0 or 3.0 besides adding a box?
Old 11-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
The 2.0 screw down system with graphite strap is the most secure. It also works best if modifying the lipo stops to slide lipo over.

I might make a holder like that one you use for transponder, but I want it for my receiver. Would like to get the receiver off chassis to keep dirt out. A mount like that would allow room under it to cover receiver with a balloon. It would fit like a sock over mount, receiver and wires exit out the front side. Also would allow easy install of Vet tape, or gauze tape. Its an idea I have kicked around a while. I tried a box, but I don't want to add that much wt to the heavy side of truck.

Another idea others have used is a lexan cover or shield. I don't think it would work as well, but anything is better than leaving it out in the open to fill with dirt shoveled in from the right front tire during right hand turns on throttle.

Currently use some tape, but it only helps so much do to location. Any ideas from others who have 2.0 or 3.0 besides adding a box?
they make little rubber rx plugs for empty spots if you have any... other than that the rx should be sealed and dirt shouldn't be an issue...
Old 11-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Spektrum makes a water proof receiver as well if this is of concern to you.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMMR4000

Basically seals it all off but you have some other wigglies to deal with.

Never had an issue with an exposed receiver. I normally run on a "clean" clay track but have run on "dirt" and never an an issue.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I always just stretched a small water balloon around my Rx to keep it sealed from dirt
Works great
Old 11-08-2016, 01:39 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I made my own server mount with receiver box for mine. Also allows me to easily take the servo out, just lifting straight up.
Attached Thumbnails TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread-scte-rec-box-top.jpg   TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread-scte-rec-box.jpg  
thirtydaZe likes this.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
I made my own server mount with receiver box for mine. Also allows me to easily take the servo out, just lifting straight up.
Server Mount?!!! Is it connected to the cloud?
All joking aside that looks great. I was thinking of doing some similar things for the battery mounts. Since the truck is 70ish grams heavier on the motor side, I think it be great to make a set that kicks the packs to the outside against the side plastics.
What are you using for print media, PLA, or ABS?

I'd like to see another picture of all the stuff you've made on there as well. Whats that to the left of the diff top with the pin?
Old 11-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
Interesting would you sell that I'm interested to buy
Old 11-08-2016, 02:24 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Josh L: Those are all printed from shapeways.com. I have a printer at home that I used to make prototypes from abs. For the SCTE I also made a wire guide that goes on top of the center diff mount a a mountable dean's plug holder so they can't come unplugged or flop around. See my signature for a link to all my designs.

For whoever just ordered one of the servo mounts on shapeways, Please be aware that the description says the box top is a separate item. You just orded the bottom part and did not create a user account so i cannot contact you directly.
Attached Thumbnails TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread-scte-wire-guide.jpg   TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread-deans-lock-1.jpg   TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread-deans-lock-2.jpg  
Old 11-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccars4scott
Question for guys already running the 3.0. On my 2.0 I used the Kings Head Center diff mount and motor mount. Early on I was told it helped with bearing failures. I see that Kings Head now offers the motor mount for the 3.0. Has the "issue" been resolved in the 3.0 or is the aftermarket mount advisable? Thanks guys.
On the 2.0 the kingheadz double bearing partially covered the outdrives. Which in turn help keep the outdrives from wobbling. I personally don't like wobbling so i had one. And the wobble would allow the diffs to leak. It has a bigger motor mount bolt. I prefer this size to the stock bolt. Also had an extra bolt if you used the kingheadz chassis.

On the 3.0 with the dogbones, the outdrives are smaller in diameter. So the extra bearing doesnt support the outdrive. It does nothing but add weight. It still has the larger motor bolt. And they removed the extra bolt because it would hit the 3.0 chassis brace.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:06 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

What size pinion would you guys recomend on this truck?...it uses Mod1 pitch? will be raced on outdoor med grip, Med size track, mostly tightish and techy, running a 4000kv motor

cheers Aaron
Old 11-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh L
I always just stretched a small water balloon around my Rx to keep it sealed from dirt
Works great
This is the best idea. With a little ledge to sit it on would be easy to cover.
Originally Posted by mo
This is eye candy for sure! I'm sure it functions well, but I cant add this much weight to the heavy side so far out to the edge. It might work if the box was behind the servo with aluminum screws holding the top on.

My issue: Think about silt, the smallest debris like dust getting down into the case through the plug the servo wires are in. Then you have a fan and 2 wire transponder leaving a hole for dirt to enter. If you ever looked at coco powder used to make hot chocolate you can see how it gets into everything. Nothing can escape this stuff. Few times a year I take my Airtronics receivers and RX8 apart to find powder dirt 1/8 inch thick.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ASA
What size pinion would you guys recomend on this truck?...it uses Mod1 pitch? will be raced on outdoor med grip, Med size track, mostly tightish and techy, running a 4000kv motor

cheers Aaron
I'm using 14-16T pinion on the 4000k. Yes Mod1
Old 11-08-2016, 07:44 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Cheers mate
Old 11-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Great explanation, thanks a bunch!!!

Scott

QUOTE=fordohio;14729917]On the 2.0 the kingheadz double bearing partially covered the outdrives. Which in turn help keep the outdrives from wobbling. I personally don't like wobbling so i had one. And the wobble would allow the diffs to leak. It has a bigger motor mount bolt. I prefer this size to the stock bolt. Also had an extra bolt if you used the kingheadz chassis.

On the 3.0 with the dogbones, the outdrives are smaller in diameter. So the extra bearing doesnt support the outdrive. It does nothing but add weight. It still has the larger motor bolt. And they removed the extra bolt because it would hit the 3.0 chassis brace.[/QUOTE]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.