TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread >

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deton8er
I'm not saying your suggestions are wrong. I'm saying I replaced everything that was suggested.
PM sent. I will help you step by step to find the problem. Contact me if you want help.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Hmmm,
It wont have anything to do with tire brand.

Has it been the same brand wheel each time?

It is possible the axle threads run out before wheel gets tight. Take stub axle out. Put hex on and wheel brand you are having issue with. Tighten and see if wheel nut is actually tight on the rim or bottoms out on axle threads before it gets tight on wheel. Try same with a different axle nut and hex.

If you have calipers you can take all wheels off, install wheel nuts without wheel and then measure distance from hex face to wheel nut flange. Keep track of where the parts come from so you can figure out what part if any are different.

Could also be a bad hex that is not at the same stop point on axle. Swap hex from another wheel and measure distance from wheel nut flange to hex face.

Check thickness of wheel where hex and nut flange would touch it. Could be too thin from over tightening wheel nuts.

You will find it, but might take some serious effort on measuring parts and swapping them around.
This is where i'm thinking, have you reused any wheels? Is the hex good and have nice sharp, square edges? I kept losing my RR tire, turns out, I was reusing wheels and they developed some slop and that allowed the hex to round off some. Bought new hex's and wheels, no more loose wheel syndrome.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Default underbody

hi all, has anyone fitted an underbody of any kind to the truck? would an 8 e body fit? or anything else? any help appreciated
Old 10-04-2016, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by szymanski2oo1
hi all, has anyone fitted an underbody of any kind to the truck? would an 8 e body fit? or anything else? any help appreciated
Search Po8 thread. They do make net covers for the top of chassis that help keep debris out of drive train. Snug fitting e-buggy body would also work.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...onversion.html
Old 10-04-2016, 05:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default body

cheers for the advice, a mate of mine did try one ( not sure which one it is but i know its for an 8 e) but its too wide, need it snug to keep rain out more so than debris, british weather is pretty crappy over here! just wondering if anyone has actually bought and fitted a body that fits nicely and could let me know which model buggy it was for? are all the 8 e buggy models the same width chassis? sorry this is my first losi truck and i have limited understanding of the e buggys. have tried googling the dimensions/widths of various e buggies but with out much success!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

cheers for the advice, a mate of mine did try one ( not sure which one it is but i know its for an 8 e) but its too wide, need it snug to keep rain out more so than debris, british weather is pretty crappy over here! just wondering if anyone has actually bought and fitted a body that fits nicely and could let me know which model buggy it was for? are all the 8 e buggy models the same width chassis? sorry this is my first losi truck and i have limited understanding of the e buggys. have tried googling the dimensions/widths of various e buggies but with out much success!

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/access...ays-undertrays
Old 10-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I use an Outerwears on mine. It was designed for the 1.0, but it will fit 2.0's with a little bit of modification.
Also, I think I read somewhere that a Tekno EB48 body will work as well. The best one to find would be a Losi 810 body, as they share the same chassis as the SCTE, but good luck finding that.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
I use an Outerwears on mine. It was designed for the 1.0, but it will fit 2.0's with a little bit of modification.
Also, I think I read somewhere that a Tekno EB48 body will work as well. The best one to find would be a Losi 810 body, as they share the same chassis as the SCTE, but good luck finding that.
thanks for the info, do you think the 810 would fit? the 3.0 is wider if im not mistaken than the 2.0?
Old 10-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Initiate

thank you, have messaged them to see if they know if any will fit.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:16 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

thanks for the info, do you think the 810 would fit? the 3.0 is wider if im not mistaken than the 2.0?
3.0 is wider.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

thank you, have messaged them to see if they know if any will fit.
Couple of ways to go to seal off the chassis from water and such..

To get the best fit, must trim off the mounts for the nerf bars. Then measure width to start your search for the body size that fits tight. No matter what body you get it will require a custom fit. Will need some mods to get best seal. see what I did here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12848262-post133.html

Other option is to bolt on lexan to the mounts for the nerf bars. Then cut them to fit the body of your choice. This makes choosing a body easy, but requires trim work to get a tight fit. Check out this video about the 2:50 mark to see how the kit did this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1bAjyVToI

Make sure you figure out a way to get some air flow. My Pro8 had to have a good motor fan and vents to run mains without meltdown. Still got near 200F in summer, 165F in winter with fan.

3.0 would still make a killer SL Buggy.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up cheers

many thanks for the help
Old 10-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Just noticed that the manual calls for +4mm shock spring cups front and rear. My kit only had one set of +4 cups. So if your missing the +4mm spring cups I would order some. Those will help get the right ride height.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fordohio
Frank Root/Casper..

Are you guys running the esc in the front or rear position?

What servo arm is working well?
Bump
Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fordohio
Frank Root/Casper..

Are you guys running the esc in the front or rear position?

What servo arm is working well?
I use the 22 servo arm

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR1555
They come in 23, 24, 25 spline versions to match you servo.

I run ESC in the front of the chassis as I mostly run indoor clay tracks however truck works great on all the tracks I run on for the JBRL series that covers, indoor, outdoor, lower to VERY high bite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.