Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

my 2.0 had every single ball'n part for the good and the bad... it was mostly for good, but weight came into play "sometimes."

for my 3.0 i want to keep the weight way down... that leaves with titanium to replace steel and CF to replace overly thick plastic... which means i might be out of luck lol. I havent gone to the extreme of buying a spare chassis and hitting it with dimple dies yet
Old 09-29-2016, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Way to support TLR options factory guy LOL
you're an idiot. he's basically telling you to save your money and stick with the plastic ones. there's nothing wrong with the plastic ones, they will perform well and be durable.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

jmuracn, you think the 2.0 is heavy. i have the 1.0, with a lot of upgrades.
it's even heavier then the 2.0 haha. it's feels a lot like the new 3.0. it's just
heavier so it's more like slow motion compared to the 3.0

this truck doesn't need any thing, it comes with everything you need!!!
if you have a wild hair and feel the need to spend money get some shock springs.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Free way to reduce some weight is trim the rear bumper or even remove most of it. (A little less protection but enough) and take off the nerf bars.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
Free way to reduce some weight is trim the rear bumper or even remove most of it. (A little less protection but enough) and take off the nerf bars.
I'll probably do that last... after i dial in the truck and power band on this 4 pole 540 motor. on my 2.0 running the RX8 G2 and 4300HD, i had a brown out problem that i didn't figure out until many many crashes lol
Old 09-29-2016, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I finally got my truck together and was able to get a weight on it.I have titanium screws turnbuckles and aluminum nuts. The truck weight is 2579 grams that is with All Electronics Plus Battery and tires no body
Old 09-29-2016, 08:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JMURACN
I'll probably do that last... after i dial in the truck and power band on this 4 pole 540 motor. on my 2.0 running the RX8 G2 and 4300HD, i had a brown out problem that i didn't figure out until many many crashes lol
That motor is a beast for sure.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:05 AM
PZP
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by floyd2810
jmuracn, you think the 2.0 is heavy. i have the 1.0, with a lot of upgrades.
it's even heavier then the 2.0 haha. it's feels a lot like the new 3.0. it's just
heavier so it's more like slow motion compared to the 3.0

this truck doesn't need any thing, it comes with everything you need!!!
if you have a wild hair and feel the need to spend money get some shock springs.
If it doesn't come with the alloy rear diff bearing carriers, then you can't say that. Those are the first things you should replace on the SCTE. The plastics hold up for while, the alloy's hold up for good. Also unless the diff washers have been upgraded as well, you'll find a lot of us tend to run XRay washers since they seem to be hardened to the point of lasting a very very long time. The rear alloy hubs are also nice. Anything that carries a bearing is generally better if it's metal from my experience. Keeps things nice and true without flex.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by r schowengerdt
I finally got my truck together and was able to get a weight on it.I have titanium screws turnbuckles and aluminum nuts. The truck weight is 2579 grams that is with All Electronics Plus Battery and tires no body
are you using the protek screw kit? when we get back from vacation i'm going to put this thing on a diet
Old 09-30-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

are you using the protek screw kit? when we get back from vacation i'm going to put this thing on a diet
Yes I was using the Protek screw kits, the upper and lower I don't think Protech makes a lower anymore though and a couple screws had to get from Lunsford
Old 09-30-2016, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PZP
If it doesn't come with the alloy rear diff bearing carriers, then you can't say that. Those are the first things you should replace on the SCTE. The plastics hold up for while, the alloy's hold up for good. Also unless the diff washers have been upgraded as well, you'll find a lot of us tend to run XRay washers since they seem to be hardened to the point of lasting a very very long time. The rear alloy hubs are also nice. Anything that carries a bearing is generally better if it's metal from my experience. Keeps things nice and true without flex.
i just put them on my 1.0 1 month ago. i've run my 1.0 for the last 4 years
with the original plastic ones. never warped or got out of shape. only reason
i put them on is because someone gave them to me and thought i would try them.

Last edited by floyd2810; 09-30-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

i kinda like the heavy weight of my 1.0. it doesn't get pushed around.
esc 1st edition black rx8. i power it with a tenshock 1:10 4 pole sensor motor sc411-4600kv. all the power you could possibly need. been running this combo
the last 3 years.

check out the tenshock very powerful motor.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PZP
pzp the only thing i can think of is that every 6 month i switch out my diff
and cases and check the bearings i have a set of diff's and cases set-up for indoor and a set for out door. never had any issues. i understand
bearing are better secured in metal. i just have not had any issue.

probably just jinxed myself too.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Key to your success is maintenance. Most people don't maintain their rigs as often as they should. Only one race day on my 3.0 and she needs bearing maintenance at the wheels. Could be the type of grease. Lots of drag for sure. Light oil and clean often works for me.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lyons238
you're an idiot. he's basically telling you to save your money and stick with the plastic ones. there's nothing wrong with the plastic ones, they will perform well and be durable.
listen pinhead It was sort of tongue and cheek till you piped up. I simply said I was hoping to use the option part I already HAD from my 2.0 kit where it was a needed option. Christ I remember why I gave up on forums. dumbasses like you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.