Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Ford F150 Baja Kit - TA02-T New building issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tamiya Ford F150 Baja Kit - TA02-T New building issues

I recently completed building the Tamiya F150 Baja TA02-T build and I'm experiencing a couple of issues.

First, I can't get the truck to drive straight! I am constantly adjusting the steering alignment on my transmitter. When stopped, the wheels are perfectly straight, but during driving the truck will eventually begin pulling left or right. I'm disassembled the front assembly putting it back to together carefully tightening each screw firm. I'm out of ideas.

My second issue is more of a question. How fast is this kit suppose to go? I had this truck when I was a kid and I remember it running much faster than what I'm getting with this new build.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Older Tamiya kits are pretty famous for sloppy steering. You can try to either glue the servo saver so it's solid or buy the 51000 high torque servo saver.

As for the speed, you likely remember it as being faster as a kid because you thought it was fast back then. My neighbor thinks my stock Hornet is fast. You can pep it up with a faster motor. The Sport Tuned motor is cheap from Amazon and would wake it up some.