Old 01-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

LOL
Old 01-06-2017, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

B6/B6D Rear Body Mount now available!
Attached Thumbnails Vision Racing Products (VRP)-b6-body-mount.jpg   Vision Racing Products (VRP)-b6-body-mount-car.jpg  
Old 01-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quick shipping on my order. Thanks a bunch. Ran the 8th scale pistons in Nitro over the weekend and the 1/10th will be going in tomorrow as I get the 2wd ready for this weekends race. Silly question for you................for those of us running the HB 216 and the inverted shocks, would we flip the piston so that the flappers work as intended? I'm leaning to possibly running my shocks right side up so that I can feel the true effects of the piston.

Clint
Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
B6/B6D Rear Body Mount now available!
sorry dumb question but what does this do exactly as I thought the bodies were held by the velcro for the side pods?

Piston question:

In general when you run on traction conditions that get higher in grip and more smooth, do you go to pistons with less holes to affect track handling (non-jumps) or can you use the same pistons just do more adjustments with oils?

This is something I am going back and forth on as I know when did some piston changes to smaller holes / less holes as the traction came up this got my oils in more reasonable ranges and also helped with traction rolling too. So curious VRPs thoughts on this from there experiences with pistons.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
sorry dumb question but what does this do exactly as I thought the bodies were held by the velcro for the side pods?

Piston question:

In general when you run on traction conditions that get higher in grip and more smooth, do you go to pistons with less holes to affect track handling (non-jumps) or can you use the same pistons just do more adjustments with oils?

This is something I am going back and forth on as I know when did some piston changes to smaller holes / less holes as the traction came up this got my oils in more reasonable ranges and also helped with traction rolling too. So curious VRPs thoughts on this from there experiences with pistons.

The body mount just offers a place for the back of the body to rest. Like a small shelf of sorts.

As for the piston question, On the B6 I always go to a 3x1.4 for higher grip. I like the 2 hole pistons when grip is low-medium bite.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Quick shipping on my order. Thanks a bunch. Ran the 8th scale pistons in Nitro over the weekend and the 1/10th will be going in tomorrow as I get the 2wd ready for this weekends race. Silly question for you................for those of us running the HB 216 and the inverted shocks, would we flip the piston so that the flappers work as intended? I'm leaning to possibly running my shocks right side up so that I can feel the true effects of the piston.

Clint
Thanks! We always try to get orders shipped out the same day they are placed.

I would imagine if you were to run the D216 shocks inverted, I would flip the piston. But, just try it both ways and see what feels better to you.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks! We always try to get orders shipped out the same day they are placed.

I would imagine if you were to run the D216 shocks inverted, I would flip the piston. But, just try it both ways and see what feels better to you.
Even if inverted, wouldn't you still run the piston with the X toward the "top" cap so that it bypasses through the flappers on rebound, just like on a standard setup? The shock is inverted, but the rebound and compression strokes don't change. I think inverting the shocks is a step forward and a step back. It lowers CG, but increases unsprung weight.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bubbaslash
Even if inverted, wouldn't you still run the piston with the X toward the "top" cap so that it bypasses through the flappers on rebound, just like on a standard setup? The shock is inverted, but the rebound and compression strokes don't change.
That's why I recommended to try it both ways. No one has ever had the need to run their shocks inverted before, so we honestly cant say. But, just try it both ways to see what works best for you.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Spencer Heckert for 2 podiums at the CRCRC Midwest Winter Nats. I think we'll all be hearing his name a lot in the near future
Old 01-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

We had a very good showing at CRCRC. Pretty much every A Main had several VRP drivers in it. I personally didnt get to go, but plan to next year.

Look for VRP to be represented at lots of races this year!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

VRP was well represented in Antioch, CA in the Nitro Truggy main and 40+ Nitro Buggy main this past weekend. This weekend is the annual Ice Breaker race at LSR Speedway in Sacramento, CA with the shock mounted in the standard position.....
Old 01-10-2017, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by STLNLST
VRP was well represented in Antioch, CA in the Nitro Truggy main and 40+ Nitro Buggy main this past weekend. This weekend is the annual Ice Breaker race at LSR Speedway in Sacramento, CA with the shock mounted in the standard position.....
Awesome!!!
Old 01-10-2017, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

While rebuilding a friend's Xray XB4 for the Reedy Race, I took a look at the shocks. The Xray uses a recessed area where the piston mounts to the shafts. I have found that Associated B6 shock shafts will fit and are very close in length (within a 1-2mm). This will allow Xray users to use our Associated XV2 V2 pistons.
Attached Thumbnails Vision Racing Products (VRP)-xray-shaft.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:52 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The body mount just offers a place for the back of the body to rest. Like a small shelf of sorts.

As for the piston question, On the B6 I always go to a 3x1.4 for higher grip. I like the 2 hole pistons when grip is low-medium bite.
thanks for tehe info. when you say you go 3 x 1.4 is that front and rear, and why do you go that route?

what do you prefer when conditions are more bumpy but still high traction?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.