Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Vision Racing Products (VRP)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal
I dont see the game changers listed for the tekno sct410.3, would they be the samr as the eb48.3? I know the piston size is right because they use the same size pistons but a different hole size and configuration?
Anyone?
Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Nice thread,
Though the speed secret ain't a secret anymore. Lol.

Still rocking the old V1's in all three of my cars, had them since I first heard about them. Say the better part of a year, year and a half. No issues for the most part. Had to shim them just a little for the K cars, but been real happy since putting them in and haven't looked back. Played with the setup on my 2wd cars just a tick going from the 1.6x2 front/1.7x2 rear to the 1.3x3 front/1.4x3 rear and that was a much better setup. Oil is 35 front/30 rear (AE), see no need to change it thus far.

Might get somemofmthe newer gen Pistons, but haven't yet had a need to get them,,but they are on my list of things to get.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
The washers are for the V2 shafts that use the screw to hold down the rather than the e-clips. I have listed links for amain and our website to the V1 pistons that are the correct fit for the shock shafts that you currently have:

http://visionracingproducts.com/Asso...Pistons_c6.htm

https://www.amainhobbies.com/vrp-12m...p2h1.6/p450902
I think I may have figured out the confusion. My B5M shocks are Big Bore, niether v1 or v2. Had to google search to figure it out. I am fairly new so I didn't realize the v1 and v2 in the name were the shaft types.

Guessing you don't have a Big Bore version so my reaming out he hole was the only way to make it work I suppose?

Edit - Just did a search on your site and Team Durango are Big Bore.

Well, that is really confusing if you are consumer and trying to buy pistons for the B5M and kind of new to the hobby.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you have Eclip Shock Shafts for the B5M then they are V1

If you have the Screw-in top shock shaft those are V2 style.
The V2 VRP pistons are to be used with the V2 shafts that have a screw in mount for the piston, so a small diameter shaft at top

Almost all 1/10 2w Buggy shocks are listed as Big Bore, don't let that be the determining factor

Here's a pic of the AE B5M V2 shafts with screw mount
Attached Thumbnails Vision Racing Products (VRP)-b5m-v2-shaft.jpg  
Old 06-27-2016, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal
Anyone?

Correct, Same as your ebuggy. You may go with a slightly bigger hole (like a 1.3 or 1.4) on the SC since its not quite as heavy as a ebuggy.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snwchris
If you have Eclip Shock Shafts for the B5M then they are V1

If you have the Screw-in top shock shaft those are V2 style.
The V2 VRP pistons are to be used with the V2 shafts that have a screw in mount for the piston, so a small diameter shaft at top

Almost all 1/10 2w Buggy shocks are listed as Big Bore, don't let that be the determining factor

Here's a pic of the AE B5M V2 shafts with screw mount
Those are not mine. Mine have E-clips and are 3mm wide. I have the B5M CE kit.

These are my shafts

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts..._shock_shafts/

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts..._shock_shafts/
Old 06-27-2016, 12:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I ran the XV2 pistons in my DEX210 v3 the last half of the indoor season and they feel really good overall. Never had a problem with them.

I ran both the XV2 and now running the Game Changers in my DEX8. I like the Game Changers and once I dropped my oil 2 1/2 weight both front and rear now my car feels much better overall to me and I feel I'm going the right direction now with my tuning. So far I have about 35 packs through with them on my buggy and have no problems. Pretty cool pistons but not they are not cheap.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Yes, I know... those are v1 shafts you have listed, which would require the V1 pistons from VRP

I'm trying to show you that there are 2 different style shock shafts for the AE B5M. So it's easy to order the wrong pistons if your not aware.
I bought a used B5M and ordered some taper pistons, but before I placed my order I checked to see what shafts I had, and turned out the previous owner had put in the upgraded V2 shafts with the screw mount.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, I know... those are v1 shafts you have listed.

I'm trying to show you that there are 2 different style shock shafts for the AE B5M. So it's easy to order the wrong pistons if your not aware.
I bought a used B5M and ordered some taper pistons, but before I placed my order I checked to see what shafts I had, and turned out the previous owner had put in the upgraded V2 shafts with the screw mount.
That is what I am saying. I didn't even know there were different shaft types a week ago!

It just seems the site may have a better explanation of that. Edit, Nevermind, not really sure how I would have know that in advance.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Ahhh yes, it can be confusing. When I first got mine a couple of the team drivers at my track told me about the different style and to double check before ordering parts.

Amain says its compatible, but they should have a better description for it based on the V1 E-clip and the V2 screw mount. Sometimes with Amain have to dig for info to make sure its true and the correct part number. I know there's been times I've ordered the wrong item because of that.

The CE kit was a kit thrown together to get rid of extra parts on the shelf that had more options than needed, so basically a way to sell another limited kit before the B6 stuff came out.

On Amain if you look up the AE taper pistons it lists them as V2 and Big Bore. The Big Bore style is the V1 E-clip style. Also for the VRP pistons listed like the VRP 3x1.4 "X V2", it states in the overview use with vehicles equipped with V2 shafts.

Hope all this has helped better understand.
Another easy way to double check on things too, is post up in the B5M thread, people are always willing to help out and give answers or shed some light.

I just ordered some for my Agama A215e (1/8 Buggy) and looking forward to trying out.
Will probably order them for my D413 as well
Old 06-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ahhh yes, it can be confusing. When I first got mine a couple of the team drivers at my track told me about the different style and to double check before ordering parts.

Amain says its compatible, but they should have a better description for it based on the V1 E-clip and the V2 screw mount. Sometimes with Amain have to dig for info to make sure its true and the correct part number. I know there's been times I've ordered the wrong item because of that.

The CE kit was a kit thrown together to get rid of extra parts on the shelf that had more options than needed, so basically a way to sell another limited kit before the B6 stuff came out.

On Amain if you look up the AE taper pistons it lists them as V2 and Big Bore. The Big Bore style is the V1 E-clip style. Also for the VRP pistons listed like the VRP 3x1.4 "X V2", it states in the overview use with vehicles equipped with V2 shafts.

Hope all this has helped better understand.
Another easy way to double check on things too, is post up in the B5M thread, people are always willing to help out and give answers or shed some light.

I just ordered some for my Agama A215e (1/8 Buggy) and looking forward to trying out.
Will probably order them for my D413 as well
LOL I did, and that thread has like a billion posts and only 15 contain VRP. None of which discuss that...
Old 06-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

I guess "Smiley", since the V2 Washers won't fit on my V1 shaft, and I am just using the e-clip, am I going to run into problems?
Old 06-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Yea, glad "Smiley" made this thread cause it was hard finding info or feedback in some of the other manufacturer threads of people using them.

I know I'll report back here and the Agama thread once I get mine installed and some races on them.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Smiley,
What's the difference between hard pack and medium pack pistons?
Old 06-27-2016, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great so now I bought the wrong pistons bc amain only list the "eu versions" and the v2 pistons thanks for the info.

Last edited by mel_russ615; 06-27-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.