Wiki Posts
Search

Your Ideal Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I'm slowly designing my perfect buggy. I'm focusing on pure geometry and how it affects arm lengths, arm locations, shock mounting points, etc. I'm designing it to be simpler, like vintage cars when it comes to assembly. Modern cars have way too many parts. I have some different ideas than most do and it'll look very different. It won't have as many tuning options because I believe many of them aren't necessary. I want a pure, minimalist car.
+1. Can I pre-order this car from you?
Old 05-17-2016, 04:59 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Cain it's SUPER under rated how EASY it is to work on the trans in the XB2.

Everyone pitted around me is in AWE anytime I want to mess with my trans.

I somehow exploded a top shaft bearing - I replaced after removing just three screws, and never having to remove the trans from the car.
I guess none of them run schumacher, they have been doing that for awhile now.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm slowly designing my perfect buggy. I'm focusing on pure geometry and how it affects arm lengths, arm locations, shock mounting points, etc. I'm designing it to be simpler, like vintage cars when it comes to assembly. Modern cars have way too many parts. I have some different ideas than most do and it'll look very different. It won't have as many tuning options because I believe many of them aren't necessary. I want a pure, minimalist car.
Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
+1. Can I pre-order this car from you?
Don't be fooled by this joker, he may be an engineer but he can't drive to save his life, he's too scared to even get on the track. How can you design and engineer something that has and never will touch a track, and if it did he wouldn't even know if it's any good...
Old 05-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Don't be fooled by this joker, he may be an engineer but he can't drive to save his life, he's too scared to even get on the track. How can you design and engineer something that has and never will touch a track, and if it did he wouldn't even know if it's any good...
LOL
Attached Thumbnails Your Ideal Buggy-hes_right_you_know.jpg  

Last edited by Socket; 05-17-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

B6 I guess. I like it better than the B5m.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Personally I'd like to see a more scale looking buggy. I know it's not a popular idea but a buggy that handles well and also looks the part would be groovy.

Make this handle well...I dare you. lol
Old 05-17-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
LOL
He knows me. You break an arm on a guys car and he never forgives you!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

He knows me. You break an arm on a guys car and he never forgives you!
You confuse me with someone else, I know of you yet you do not know me. I see you occasionally voyeuring the track wishing you knew how to drive.... Race this weekend at CLUB RC and prove me wrong.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

You never see me there because I spend most weekends with my family. I actually have a life and it's a full and busy one. I'd love to be there more often. I've been there a total of 3 times this year in passing and none of them long enough to race. When do you think I'd have enough time to practice yet alone dictate to an entire race day?

I'd like to propose a question to you. How can someone tune a car if they have absolutely no mechanical knowledge of how they work? That sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Your implication is that only people who do nothing but drive rc cars all day are the only ones that understand anything about them. You've certainly got the practice but knowledge will never come from copying. Then again Jason, I do seem to remember you breaking an arm on your XB2 the last time I was there so let's quit hiding behind the anonymity. It's pretty sad that you've resorted to attacking me in such a manner since I've always been nice to you and you've never said anything to me negatively in person.

I've never hidden the fact that knowledge without practice doesn't yield race results. I'm the first to admit that it wouldn't and I've never claimed to be a better driver than anyone. In fact, I'm usually the first to admit that I'm not the best driver. I was far better at 12 years old when that's all I did all day. No practice time on the track does that. I definitely know what is happening when a car behaves a certain way. Finding the time to dedicate to a track is the hard part.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

You never see me there because I spend most weekends with my family. I actually have a life and it's a full and busy one. I'd love to be there more often. I've been there a total of 3 times this year in passing and none of them long enough to race. When do you think I'd have enough time to practice yet alone dictate to an entire race day?

I'd like to propose a question to you. How can someone tune a car if they have absolutely no mechanical knowledge of how they work? That sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Your implication is that only people who do nothing but drive rc cars all day are the only ones that understand anything about them. You've certainly got the practice but knowledge will never come from copying. Then again Jason, I do seem to remember you breaking an arm on your XB2 the last time I was there so let's quit hiding behind the anonymity. It's pretty sad that you've resorted to attacking me in such a manner since I've always been nice to you and you've never said anything to me negatively in person.

I've never hidden the fact that knowledge without practice doesn't yield race results. I'm the first to admit that it wouldn't and I've never claimed to be a better driver than anyone. In fact, I'm usually the first to admit that I'm not the best driver. I was far better at 12 years old when that's all I did all day. No practice time on the track does that. I definitely know what is happening when a car behaves a certain way. Finding the time to dedicate to a track is the hard part.
I didn't see any "attacks",

Let's get back to tech!
Old 05-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

I never said anything you just said in bold above. If that's what you got out of my posting, fine. I never broke an arm on my XB2 nor did you ever break an arm on any of my cars, and we have never talked. Anonymity, you've never asked who I was so you resorted to asking some mutual acquaintance instead of asking me.

If you spent half as much time as you do on the track as you do on internet impressing people with your intellect you may actually learn how to drive. No need to take it personally, I'm just calling it as you see it. Less internet more driving would be a good thing for you, especially if you are designing a rc car for the track....
Old 05-17-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not trying to impress anyone. It's merely my hobby and I share what I do and know. If others choose to be impressed by it, that's all them.

You are the one that called me a "joker" remember? "No need to take it personally." That's cute Jason. Something is telling me if anyone called you a joker, you wouldn't take too kindly to it.

I actually broke an arm on Mike's B5 one day. We laughed about it. Initially I thought that's who you were since he's picked on my for it before. I just failed to see the name.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not trying to impress anyone. It's merely my hobby and I share what I do and know. If others choose to be impressed by it, that's all them.

You are the one that called me a "joker" remember? "No need to take it personally." That's cute Jason. Something is telling me if anyone called you a joker, you wouldn't take too kindly to it.

I actually broke an arm on Mike's B5 one day. We laughed about it. Initially I thought that's who you were since he's picked on my for it before. I just failed to see the name.
Call me a joker, doesn't bother me one bit lol, cause I am one...
Old 05-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Now this is how we should all get along!
Old 05-17-2016, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
You confuse me with someone else, I know of you yet you do not know me. I see you occasionally voyeuring the track wishing you knew how to drive.... Race this weekend at CLUB RC and prove me wrong.
FINALLY. Now we know the answer to 'who watches the watchmen?'. LOL