Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B6 & B6D thread >

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Old 08-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
I don't think broken shock towers have anything to do with a weakness in the parts or materials.

It's a knife edge when it comes in contact with whatever surface - there is no give, it digs in hard and snaps rather than giving a bit or sliding like the plastic/composite parts.

Waiting for some enterprising aftermarket parts company to make the same shock towers in carbon, but route a nice rounded leading edge. I bet breakage would almost be non-existent overnight.

Or, as I have done, bend a small piece of spare lexan over that leading edge. I've tumbled plenty on carpet, and have not had a single issue. Others driving the same chassis have broken them when run without any protection.
factory rc is making that
http://factory-rc.com/shop/index.php...&path=69_71_80
Old 08-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 190mph
You see a few of these aftermarket companies making 4mm carbon fiber shock towers claiming thicker and better to address the breakage.

I just measured my B6 towers and it is 3.6mm for rear and 4.15mm for front so I don't see the main point on buying those yet.

I would say make 4.5mm towers maybe even 5mm and more material on the ears around the holes for the upper shock mounts also needed.
It's not so much the thickness, but also the quality of carbon. Diggity Designs for example uses only quasi isotropic laminate which is much stronger. I'm not sure what the other aftermarket companies use
Old 08-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'd rather get the plastic tower like the B5M...cheap ...buy a bunch of them and store it in my parts box.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
i'll be checking back regularly to see when those come back in stock. love the blue weave.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Can anyone confirm that the proline body, 1 body fits both the dirt car and laydown car with one set of cutlines? The photos online appears so..
Old 08-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Am I the only one that hates the battery strap on this car? Looks goofy
Old 08-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't care about the looks of the strap as much as the fit. Is anyone else finding they have to stretch and tweak to get the battery strap over the posts?
Old 08-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
I don't care about the looks of the strap as much as the fit. Is anyone else finding they have to stretch and tweak to get the battery strap over the posts?
Did you screw in your posts too far? There shouldn't be any stretching or tweaking.. does it fit fine without your battery?
Old 08-20-2016, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

initially my strap was fine. when i ditched the waterfall and moved the battery basically against the motor a tiny bit of force is needed to fully seat the strap.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by goehm
Did you screw in your posts too far? There shouldn't be any stretching or tweaking.. does it fit fine without your battery?
No. Basically the posts are wider, or farther apart than the holes in the strap. A friends car is like this also.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've broke a front and rear tower. I won't blame the car both had seen plenty of abuse. The rear broke casing a triple so it probably was cracked before hand. The front I broke after a 85' straight going into a 48' sweeper that on our carpet you can go full throttle to. Rubbed the squared tube and over it went. I know on the fronts when you sand them before gluing if you sand a nice rounded edge on it, it helps with it digging in on a wreck. My B6's have been driven pretty hard trying a lot of different setups in the last 2 weeks leading to each break. I kind of wish for carpet more would follow Shumacher with the clear tower protectors included.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Thumbs up Pro-line Predator

Originally Posted by dan-o
Can anyone confirm that the proline body, 1 body fits both the dirt car and laydown car with one set of cutlines? The photos online appears so..

I believe the body you are referring to is the pro-line predator and if so yes one body fits both cars
Old 08-21-2016, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just got the sway bar kits.

Anybody using them on turf/carpet? If so, thoughts??? Seems like the fronts are too thin to gain a noticeable gain.. I could be totally wrong, as haven't had ANY experience with them on a 2wd buggy.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
I believe the body you are referring to is the pro-line predator and if so yes one body fits both cars
I have both cars, it would be nice to have 1 body to pay to have custom painted for both cars. The cut lines look like it supports both dirt and carpet cars.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
No. Basically the posts are wider, or farther apart than the holes in the strap. A friends car is like this also.
Did you screw the posts in at an angle. My strap drops right in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.