Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B6 & B6D thread >

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Old 05-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I am sure AE is done wit hthe current wheeler. It wont be a b44.4. If it is, that just means ae does not give a crap about 4wd buggy. They know the car is crap. The worlds highlighted how bad it was. Heck, hartson tried to run his 2wd car in the 4wd races, but was told no by ifmar, lol. He was faster with the b5m than the 44.3
if AE released a 44.4 it would be rc chaos Way worse than replacing the B5m with a B6
Old 05-18-2016, 10:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I am sure AE is done wit hthe current wheeler. It wont be a b44.4. If it is, that just means ae does not give a crap about 4wd buggy. They know the car is crap. The worlds highlighted how bad it was. Heck, hartson tried to run his 2wd car in the 4wd races, but was told no by ifmar, lol. He was faster with the b5m than the 44.3
Which is weird cause didn't the Serpent guys, or Durango or someone run their 4wd's without the front axles in 2wd? I want to say I was reading that somewhere
Old 05-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Never heard about that but I agree that the b44 is crap compared to other options and AE is not stupid they will not name is a B44.4 with the stigma already attached by many.
AE has something in the works and they always wait to announce it at the Reedy race or whatever big race they choose in the next few months
TLR took a bit of a differs route with the 22-4 2.0 which I don't believe is that much of an upgrade compared to the original 22-4.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Which is weird cause didn't the Serpent guys, or Durango or someone run their 4wd's without the front axles in 2wd? I want to say I was reading that somewhere
Unsure about Serpent but when Jorn Neumann ran for Team Durango he would pull the front diff and driveshaft's out for EOS.

"Having pulled off after a clash with Lee Martin at the start of the first A-Main, Neumann was happy his decision to pull off and save his tyres paid dividends. Describing the start second time round as ‘much better’, the outgoing champion was pleased with his ‘accident free’ run and now in the hunt for his first 2WD win of the season he said he is confident he can repeat the win in A3. Running a DEX410 with the front drive train removed he said the car is good and all he will do is fit a fresh set of Pro-Line tyres adding that this time round his rivals will also be on their second set of tyres making things a little tougher."

http://eos.redrc.net/tag/eos-1314-rd...ustria/page/3/
Old 05-18-2016, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

^^okay nice work. That could of went badly but having an "accident free" run being a pro driver will put u on the podium more than likely either way but cool story.. Bro lol couldn't help myself
Old 05-19-2016, 12:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Pulling out the drive shafts and running 2wd is not the same thing as trying to run a 2wd car in the 4wd class.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
Unsure about Serpent but when Jorn Neumann ran for Team Durango he would pull the front diff and driveshaft's out for EOS.

"Having pulled off after a clash with Lee Martin at the start of the first A-Main, Neumann was happy his decision to pull off and save his tyres paid dividends. Describing the start second time round as ‘much better’, the outgoing champion was pleased with his ‘accident free’ run and now in the hunt for his first 2WD win of the season he said he is confident he can repeat the win in A3. Running a DEX410 with the front drive train removed he said the car is good and all he will do is fit a fresh set of Pro-Line tyres adding that this time round his rivals will also be on their second set of tyres making things a little tougher."

http://eos.redrc.net/tag/eos-1314-rd...ustria/page/3/
I knew I read that somewhere lol
Old 05-19-2016, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

dont worry, the questions about which b5m parts will fit are coming again. Along with pages and pages of "is this car better than their trusty old B5m", and even more crying about how they just bought a b5m and now it is outdated. That will probably go one for 3-6 months. Oh and they , why did AE put all the option parts in the box, instead of offering the carper/dirt configurations. And that AE is only doing this for money, because they are capitalist scum....lol. good times coming.
So...do you know when the Factory Team kit will be released then?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Kraig
So...do you know when the Factory Team kit will be released then?
I heard that was planned for the B7 next year.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They may not give a crap, with the new wave of racing going all metro. Traction is so high you don't need anymore traction afforded by the wheeler.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Gigasipke
They may not give a crap, with the new wave of racing going all metro. Traction is so high you don't need anymore traction afforded by the wheeler.
With the worlds next year, I suspect a new car is coming. When? Who knows. I would rather them take their time and do it right, than rush it.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

So looking at the parts list that is interchangeable between the B5M B6 and B6D I have one question about the FT Kashima/Fox Shocks. It has the ASC91576 (23mm Front) being used on all three but my questions comes with the ASC91577 ( 27mm Truck) is said to be used with only the B6/B6D and the ASC 91578 (31mm Rear Buggy) are used with withe only the B5/B5M.

Why is this? Did they really make the rear shocks 5mm shorter for the B6 series vehicles or am I missing something here?
Old 05-19-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jade67
So looking at the parts list that is interchangeable between the B5M B6 and B6D I have one question about the FT Kashima/Fox Shocks. It has the ASC91576 (23mm Front) being used on all three but my questions comes with the ASC91577 ( 27mm Truck) is said to be used with only the B6/B6D and the ASC 91578 (31mm Rear Buggy) are used with withe only the B5/B5M.

Why is this? Did they really make the rear shocks 5mm shorter for the B6 series vehicles or am I missing something here?
you are correct. According to AE. to lover the CG.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

lol, this argument is small minded. It is full of me, me and more me. Companies are expect o release new kits periodically. Many companies work on one year release schedules. I bought a nicon dslr camera, only have to have a new model release 4 weeks later. I didnt cry about it. The camera does what I need. AE got 2 years out of the b5m, and although it was not 10 years, people still complained about how they had just bought a b4.2 and now a b5 was coming. same crap every time. If AE releases a new major platform every 2 year, I am fine with it. you could spend 350 on the tlr 3.0 and then another 179 for the laydown.....Ford comes up with new models every year, who complains about that. Heck, that is way more of a cash loss than a $300 rc. New/updated technology is nothing to cry about, it should be celebrated.
AGREE!!!

People are always going to piss and moan. Either buy the new stuff or don't. If you feel like you got screwed then just enjoy your Current car for another 8 years and then upgrade...lol

Hell it could be worse, seems like I spend $1000 every 6 months with the release of the newest iPhone...lol
Old 05-19-2016, 08:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jade67
AGREE!!!

People are always going to piss and moan. Either buy the new stuff or don't. If you feel like you got screwed then just enjoy your Current car for another 8 years and then upgrade...lol

Hell it could be worse, seems like I spend $1000 every 6 months with the release of the newest iPhone...lol
As far as hobbies go, rc is pretty cheap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.