Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 08:32 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmag5000
Everyone always has to have the newest and greatest..
last complaining I will do on this ,lol. Yeah , your right and they know it. They are concentrating more on sales. Just like the Iphone and droid are coming out the the 7 series shortly . They do one tweak and call it the 4,5,6,7 and the suckers will buy. They are concentrating on sales not winning , complacency . Which leads me to believe other companies are hungry for the lead and putting more R and D into winning and not focusing the R and D on sales. Sales will come with taking the top spot. I vote a no with my wallet and look to another company thats hungry for the win, even though I have been buying associated for the last 25-30 years. Shoot , I would of felt better if they would of at least rename the car and not just pulled the iphone selling point . Just my opinion , everyone has one,lol. Im done.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a1
Its not evolution like they would have us to believe. IMO its just there focused on SALES, moving cars, money. Your not evolving a year later. Thats failing to do your home work in the first place. To busy concentrating on sales and they missed the boat. IMO, its make the company look bad.
How do you figure? And WTF are you talking about a year later?

Was the B5M not a dominating chassis? How did they miss the boat? The car just flat out works. The B6 is the evolution from racing the B5M. As tracks change, so do the cars that drive on them.

Nobody is forcing you to buy a new car. I will not be. Not yet, not for a while. No need to. My B5M works great on the surfaces I run it on.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by a1
last complaining I will do on this ,lol. Yeah , your right and they know it. They are concentrating more on sales. Just like the Iphone and droid are coming out the the 7 series shortly . They do one tweak and call it the 4,5,6,7 and the suckers will buy. They are concentrating on sales not winning , complacency . Which leads me to believe other companies are hungry for the lead and putting more R and D into winning and not focusing the R and D on sales. Sales will come with taking the top spot. I vote a no with my wallet and look to another company thats hungry for the win, even though I have been buying associated for the last 25-30 years. Shoot , I would of felt better if they would of at least rename the car and not just pulled the iphone selling point . Just my opinion , everyone has one,lol. Im done.
Of course they are concentrating on sales. They are a business that sells R/C cars. You think their race team is making them money?

The B5M is a great car, but had a couple short comings. The aftermarket helped a little. The B6 supposedly overcomes them short comings.

I have already expressed my dissatisfaction with the 2wd being announced before the new 4wd that we have been waiting for for years. But thats for another post. The current car was not competitive at the world level in its current configuration. So they made some changes to keep them competitive in the class. There would be just as much hype had they called it a B5.2M.

Your ramblings make absolutely no sense.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I am a complete newb to this hobby, but it looks like Amain hobbies added the B5M Factory Lite to their site on April 21st, 2015. Looking briefly at the Team Associated "extensive timeline" on the AE site makes it look like they release a new car kit every year. Is the B6/B6D unexpected in this timeframe?
Old 05-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default b6d

Look.at the changes before you start knocking team associated, that you bought for 25 years. Seems you pretty much like them. Changes, are waterfall area more flex, which people elimated to gain certain amount of flex. Shock position in rear, you can move to rear now, unlike b5m. Steering bellcrank, improved. Better battery stap. Two types of transmission. One for different surfaces. Adjustable casters and hubs. Slots for weights, narrow towers (dirt). These changes were needed to be more competitive on certain surfaces. Looks like they did their homework. B5M is great for for club lvl. Those that can't afford b6d will be able to afford b5m and still have fun.
All that Rambling about the new car but you don't even know what changes was made to make it even better. Yes, you don't need it if your starting out but it's what people complained about . They wanted these changes. Average Joe like me , don't need but it's nice to see the problems fixed that they had with first mid motor. Losi did it, other companies did it. Seriously. Someone that has nothing better to do than make a mockery of a company that he loved for 25 years.

Last edited by RodRC; 05-04-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bontakun
I am a complete newb to this hobby, but it looks like Amain hobbies added the B5M Factory Lite to their site on April 21st, 2015. Looking briefly at the Team Associated "extensive timeline" on the AE site makes it look like they release a new car kit every year. Is the B6/B6D unexpected in this timeframe?
I thought they would release a laydown conversion like TLR has for their 3.0.

So the B6 was a surprise to me, but I like the improvements.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bontakun
The factory lite was a version of the B5/B5M. The B5 was initially released in 2013.

A little short compared to the successful run if the B4 series, which was around for almost 10 years in different forms, but the B5 series was around longer than the B2 series was around.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm holding out until a Factory Team version is released.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Associated kept a platform longer than other manufacturer. Yokomo, Tamiya, and xray revamp car models frequently. The ability to rapid prototype parts means you will see specific platforms being updated more frequently. The days of a car lasting 6 years are long gone. The manufacturers would love to have a car last four years or more as they'll get a greater return on molds and testing costs. But to stay competitive, ae chose to build a new car. Good for them and it shows they still care about giving the consumer the best car possible. accept it and move on with your life.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ford, Chevy and car manufactures come out with cars every year with tons of options, smaller RC cars should be faster. RC cars are like shoes, wear them out, race the crap out of them and get a new one. I wish I saw upgrades like this every 6 months. Who wants to race the same car every week with same stuff. Why sit back and not make changes when you know you can make some bad ass changes and have a better car. I love new sh*{^|. 300 bucks for a new platform....seventh heaven. Gives us something new to retweak and dig into.

Check out Instagram, Facebook B6d with laydown at OCRC! Start the new setups!!
Old 05-05-2016, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Will the mip pucks and outdrives move over to B6's?
Old 05-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

https://instagram.com/p/BFAlXorRkWo/

https://instagram.com/p/BFA1Z86TMec/
Old 05-05-2016, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BRSracing
xray released their laydown transmission last year
Yep, a 4 gear one...
Old 05-05-2016, 12:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Well that confirms which version I'll be buying for down here in SoCal.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did anyone see the video Spencer posted on FB a couple days ago about him getting his B6 ready for the JConcepts Spring Indoor National (a clay track) and he said something about a Shorty Reedy Servo, anyone catch that? Any news on that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.