R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

















1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.



I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub View Post
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Like Tree328Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2016, 11:27 PM   #826
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
B6 kits have arrived at AE!

This is off AE's Snapchat
One step closer!!
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:42 PM   #827
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Now we can all check our emails constantly to see if our pre orders have shipped!
Mxer210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #828
Tech Master
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,574
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

F2 & S2 B6 bodies listed on JC website with no pics. Who has super secret spy photos?
fullsyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #829
Tech Master
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,574
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

F2 B6 body

S2 B6 body
fullsyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #830
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,555
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190mph View Post
Would be nice, likely those are production kits for initial build check of the exact kit release the public will see or rest of team drivers of certain levels to be supplied.


Not for public consumption. Still 3 to 4 weeks away likely.
the way ae is pushing the social media with the kit arrivals I am pretty confident those are consumer kits. The team has had the kits since late April.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #831
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
F2 & S2 B6 bodies listed on JC website with no pics. Who has super secret spy photos?
Genova just got them painted...

(I'm guessing, because he just posted a pic of bodies covered in blankets and his logo...he's in FL just like JC...)
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #832
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

AE said on fcetubes that they're packaging kits right now.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #833
Tech Regular
 
Finalist's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
the way ae is pushing the social media with the kit arrivals I am pretty confident those are consumer kits. The team has had the kits since late April.
A few days ago it was announced team members would be getting their kits within two weeks. Lots of the kits in the snap chat pic are opened like they were checking for things or adding things like both gear boxes etc. I'm thinking this initial run is for team members around the country so they can build localized hype. Factory Team super hero drivers got their kits weeks ago. I was gathering these kits are for the larger group of "team" drivers. I'm sure the public will have kits available in early July.
Finalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:47 PM   #834
Tech Elite
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,217
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalist View Post
A few days ago it was announced team members would be getting their kits within two weeks. Lots of the kits in the snap chat pic are opened like they were checking for things or adding things like both gear boxes etc. I'm thinking this initial run is for team members around the country so they can build localized hype. Factory Team super hero drivers got their kits weeks ago. I was gathering these kits are for the larger group of "team" drivers. I'm sure the public will have kits available in early July.

That was the first production shipment of kits pictured. They are going out to customers and the rest of the team asap! FYI, several team guys will have to wait til the next shipment as AE is shipping the majority to distributors/ customers.

They're coming very soon! Should be a lot fun!!
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:56 PM   #835
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,004
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I doubt it. Manuals go on website 2 weeks before customers get them!


The RC8B3 was going through this last June. Kits coming in and they build them exactly as the customer sees the manual to double check and open the bags of parts etc.


1 Week from now the first shipments get on the boat in Asia port after they say they are okay or insert the supplemental yellow sheets for something needing a tweak.


I have no doubt that like 500 to 1000 kits are sitting at the factory just waiting to be final packaged and sealed up. Then they produce them at a mad rate with the final go ahead.
__________________
Yokomo BD8 x 2 , BD7 2016, YRX-12, Tamiya TRF419, Associated B6, B6D, B5M Factory Lite, B64D, B44.3, RC8B3, RC8B3e

My Outdated R/C Car collection:
Associated B44, Associated NTC3, Tamiya TRF415, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF416X
190mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #836
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190mph View Post
I doubt it. Manuals go on website 2 weeks before customers get them!


The RC8B3 was going through this last June. Kits coming in and they build them exactly as the customer sees the manual to double check and open the bags of parts etc.


1 Week from now the first shipments get on the boat in Asia port after they say they are okay or insert the supplemental yellow sheets for something needing a tweak.


I have no doubt that like 500 to 1000 kits are sitting at the factory just waiting to be final packaged and sealed up. Then they produce them at a mad rate with the final go ahead.
I go with Adam on this, not often do I agree with him; but he's connected to enough guys to know where those kits are headed.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:58 PM   #837
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
I go with Adam on this, not often do I agree with him; but he's connected to enough guys to know where those kits are headed.
Misunderstanding, sorry

Last edited by Sean Cochran; 06-22-2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Correction
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #838
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
Then you would both be wrong.
And I trust your word over Adam's....there's a reason why I said I don't often agree with him.

Not the first time your team drivers spread misinformation..surely not the last.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #839
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,438
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
That was the first production shipment of kits pictured. They are going out to customers and the rest of the team asap! FYI, several team guys will have to wait til the next shipment as AE is shipping the majority to distributors/ customers.

They're coming very soon! Should be a lot fun!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
I go with Adam on this, not often do I agree with him; but he's connected to enough guys to know where those kits are headed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
Then you would both be wrong.
Way to take the wind out of the sale.

The only question that I have is what part of Adam's statement is wrong?
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:12 PM   #840
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Way to take the wind out of the sale.

The only question that I have is what part of Adam's statement is wrong?
I am not the person to confirm shipping details but this statement is not true,
"1 Week from now the first shipments get on the boat in Asia port "

aeRayls statement is more correct

Last edited by Sean Cochran; 06-22-2016 at 03:14 PM. Reason: more info
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
Aaron P, mcom
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:14 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net