Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default wing and body cutting

What's the best way to cut and trim wings and bodies? I use both straight and curved lexan scissors, but I always seem to mess them up on the curved parts, especially the wings.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rgrg2
What's the best way to cut and trim wings and bodies? I use both straight and curved lexan scissors, but I always seem to mess them up on the curved parts, especially the wings.
Score the lines with a hobby knife and break it apart
Old 03-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mellow
Thanks!
I was thinking some kind of blade, but wasn't sure if it would go through that easy.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rgrg2
Thanks!
I was thinking some kind of blade, but wasn't sure if it would go through that easy.
Don't go all the way through just enough to score it like you would when peeling an orange.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Don't go all the way through just enough to score it like you would when peeling an orange.
Thanks again! I'll be doing that
Old 03-04-2017, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Will be spending an evening at Dirt Burner Racing Livonia in March and I need to make my setup here in germany for my B6D: Any advice? Have never driven at US tracks and want to make my car as good as it can be
Old 03-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think my Lhs has the parts to make a laydown conversion, 405 raceway (405) 600 6442 Gary is the owner and he will ship and take paypal. hope this helps
Old 03-04-2017, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tylem28
I checked in the box and dont see anything. I called my local store I race at and they are out of stock. I will try another store in the morning. I wonder if one from my B5m are the same?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/schelle...hl1251/p539100
Old 03-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

This does not work out well if you don't have a steady hand. In my opinion the best way is to cut carefully and then finish the job up with a Dremel. I'm not particularly steady with a blade, knife, or scissors. I just trim as well as I can and then I put a sanding barrel on my Dremel and clean it up after I'm done trimming. My stuff looks pretty good.
TC5Driven likes this.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

tires are going to be the most important thing. your going to want jconcepts dirt webs, or space bars gold compound. are you running a stand up or laydown transmission? traction at this track can be tough sometimes. they tend to over wet the track sometimes, making it really loose.

Originally Posted by man1ac
Will be spending an evening at Dirt Burner Racing Livonia in March and I need to make my setup here in germany for my B6D: Any advice? Have never driven at US tracks and want to make my car as good as it can be
Old 03-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Default Cutting

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
This does not work out well if you don't have a steady hand. In my opinion the best way is to cut carefully and then finish the job up with a Dremel. I'm not particularly steady with a blade, knife, or scissors. I just trim as well as I can and then I put a sanding barrel on my Dremel and clean it up after I'm done trimming. My stuff looks pretty good.
Thanks!
I'm getting some light grain sand paper to clean up the lines. I guess I should look into a Dremmel and make it easier.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I have friends who can just make the cuts perfectly......I just don't have the touch. Its good to have a Dremel around. You'll find that its good for a lot of things beyond RC. Even though the cordless one is super convenient I stick with an old fashioned corded one.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Cutting

I have friends who can just make the cuts perfectly......I just don't have the touch. Its good to have a Dremel around. You'll find that its good for a lot of things beyond RC. Even though the cordless one is super convenient I stick with an old fashioned corded one.
I agree
Old 03-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taylorsizemore
Does anyone have any ideas on how to run a laydown in my new B6D when it seems that every online shop and LHS is out of stock till late march? Any ideas on a secret stash or should I try to order everything in the conversion separate?

I have a new assembled b6 laydown tranny, pm me if interested.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.