Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B6 & B6D thread >

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Old 01-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This guy makes a nice charger lead set:
https://www.facebook.com/Candinos-Ca...5863760177349/
Old 01-21-2017, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Hi Brad. I don't know what charger you use but I have the TQ leads and and a set of 3ft leads from Tuning Haus. I recommend the Tuning Haus leads. They aren't quite as clean as the TQ ones but the materials are excellent. I almost see no IR drop on the charger even thought they are a foot longer. Maybe I'll post pics to show you what I mean. I have ICharger 406s and do not need boards. Not sure what others are talking about. The Protek leads for $8 are total junk....don't make that an option. I have a few sets and I had to fix all of them at some point.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Here are the pics. The quality on the TQ wires is excellent. I have those on my garage charger. The nicest feature is the stepped bullets that allow you to charge 4 or 5mm batteries. You need to do a tiny bit of trimming to get the plug to go into the icharger. It took 15 seconds with a razor blade.

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-p1050352.jpg

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-p1050353.jpg

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-p1050354.jpg
Old 01-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

The Tuning Haus leads are massive. I think they are made of 10awg wire. Although the battery lead connectors are a little more clunky and industrial they probably would last longer......they don't look quite as clean but make up for it in utility. The balance port plug is a direct fit into the icharger. I stretched the leads out to show how far they reach. I usually have 3 or 4 cars on the bench so the extra length is very useful to me.

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-p1050357.jpg

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-p1050356.jpg

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-p1050358.jpg

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-p1050355.jpg
Old 01-22-2017, 01:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Having clearance issue with steering. Servo horn is hitting top plate rail. Using Spektrum 6240 and team associated aluminum servo horn. Advice?
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-s3.jpg   Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-s2.jpg  
Old 01-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Remove the blue 2mm spacer from the horm and it'll probably clear. No worries, it'll work fine. It seems like the aluminum horns have the 2mm built in.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone had issues with the top of the shock shaft breaking inside the shock body. My brother and I have both had an instance where on my car one of the rear shafts had the screw come out and the shaft leave the body. On my brother's the top portion that is taper just broke off.

Both happened from crashes. Mine with a wall from hiring a jump crooked and my bro was trampled by a stampede.

I only ask because as much as I accept user error I just want to make sure I shouldn't look for a mor durable shaft replacement.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Here are the pics. The quality on the TQ wires is excellent. I have those on my garage charger. The nicest feature is the stepped bullets that allow you to charge 4 or 5mm batteries. You need to do a tiny bit of trimming to get the plug to go into the icharger. It took 15 seconds with a razor blade.

Attachment 1407672

Attachment 1407673

Attachment 1407674
So all you do is shave off the little tab?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tommynash
So all you do is shave off the little tab?
Yeah. One of them depending on which side of the charger it goes into....on the ICharger.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhmopar
Having clearance issue with steering. Servo horn is hitting top plate rail. Using Spektrum 6240 and team associated aluminum servo horn. Advice?
I run my Spektrum servo with 1mm spacer between the servo and the servo mount with no shim on the ball stud.
(might put a 1mm shim in there though)
Old 01-23-2017, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caioz1jp
Has anyone had issues with the top of the shock shaft breaking inside the shock body. My brother and I have both had an instance where on my car one of the rear shafts had the screw come out and the shaft leave the body. On my brother's the top portion that is taper just broke off.

Both happened from crashes. Mine with a wall from hiring a jump crooked and my bro was trampled by a stampede.

I only ask because as much as I accept user error I just want to make sure I shouldn't look for a mor durable shaft replacement.
The screws should be blue loctited when installed. The tops probably broke will the screw was still slightly in the threads giving it leverage to break that thin part of shaft. I'd lictite it next time and give the loctite time to set up. I used blue and seems to be fine.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Remove the blue 2mm spacer from the horm and it'll probably clear. No worries, it'll work fine. It seems like the aluminum horns have the 2mm built in.
That helped. Also found that for some reason when I tighten down servo mounts to chassis the servo tilted back. I put some servo tape on bottom back side of servo and alignement was better.

Thank you
Old 01-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
The screws should be blue loctited when installed. The tops probably broke will the screw was still slightly in the threads giving it leverage to break that thin part of shaft. I'd lictite it next time and give the loctite time to set up. I used blue and seems to be fine.
+1. had a few come free on different vehicles I got in used. Will probably redo all the shocks just to confirm.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone run the laydown tranny on a regular dirt track, one without any clay?
Are you able to get enough traction with the battery not as far back as with the stand up tranny and do you run the shocks on the back of the arms or in front?
Old 01-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roysays
Does anyone run the laydown tranny on a regular dirt track, one without any clay?
Are you able to get enough traction with the battery not as far back as with the stand up tranny and do you run the shocks on the back of the arms or in front?
I run on "regular" dirt with the laydown, shocks in front of tower. I have the waterfall removed and battery all the way up against the motor. I think it works really well. Its faster then my B5m was.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.