Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 09:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Someone on the FB page was asking about a particular dudes wiring and how clean it was.

This may seem like a dumb question but it was brought up that "he's probably using a PCB board" and I just wanna know does that even exist??

Also with the draw of 17.5 not being a ton like mod has anyone tested smaller 16g wire like the 12th guys use?
Old 11-18-2016, 09:37 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I haven't seen anyone using 16 gauge but 14 gauge I have seen used on other 2wd buggies, in particular for the connection to the motor.

Personally, I need my skills wayyy up there first before that will make a diff lol.

One thing you can look at too is that some 12 gauge wire as a much thicker rubber "sleeve" than other wire.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I haven't seen anyone using 16 gauge but 14 gauge I have seen used on other 2wd buggies, in particular for the connection to the motor.

Personally, I need my skills wayyy up there first before that will make a diff lol.

One thing you can look at too is that some 12 gauge wire as a much thicker rubber "sleeve" than other wire.
guys are using high thread 20awg.....
Old 11-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Someone on the FB page was asking about a particular dudes wiring and how clean it was.

This may seem like a dumb question but it was brought up that "he's probably using a PCB board" and I just wanna know does that even exist??

Also with the draw of 17.5 not being a ton like mod has anyone tested smaller 16g wire like the 12th guys use?
I use the TQWire 16 gauge, I haven't seen any drop in performance. I scanned with an IR camera and didn't notice any heat buildup from resistance. That's as far as I've gone scientifically to investigate.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lunchie
what pistons to get for an otherwise stock setup b6 running high bite carpet?
Go to Petit Rc find Ryan Cav's setup it works great on carpet. Pistons are machined 1.6 1.7 and yes they make a difference. lots of extra parts from there to make it really go, brass front steal plate, sway front and back. Once its done it really cooks!
Old 11-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

So what is everyone's opinion of slipper vs. locked for Stock racing? I run on medium to high traction clay and I've tried a few different sets of tires and made a few setup changes and it has got better but I still feel like I could use more rear grip on mid to exit of the corners, especially if there is a jump right out of the corner and I need to really get hard on the throttle to make the jump. I find myself losing forward traction and have been thinking it might be to running the slipper eliminator. I am thinking this weekend of throwing the slipper back on and trying it.

Other than that, I'm loving this car!!!

Oh btw, I am running the B6D with the laydown trans and shocks in front of the rear arms.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxnickj
So what is everyone's opinion of slipper vs. locked for Stock racing? I run on medium to high traction clay and I've tried a few different sets of tires and made a few setup changes and it has got better but I still feel like I could use more rear grip on mid to exit of the corners, especially if there is a jump right out of the corner and I need to really get hard on the throttle to make the jump. I find myself losing forward traction and have been thinking it might be to running the slipper eliminator. I am thinking this weekend of throwing the slipper back on and trying it.

Other than that, I'm loving this car!!!

Oh btw, I am running the B6D with the laydown trans and shocks in front of the rear arms.
Same problem here.. I'm putting my schelle slipper back on.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Cain I'm more looking at smaller and easier to hide wire. I like my clean presentation in the pits lol

Originally Posted by goehm
I use the TQWire 16 gauge, I haven't seen any drop in performance. I scanned with an IR camera and didn't notice any heat buildup from resistance. That's as far as I've gone scientifically to investigate.
Thats exactly what i was looking for, I used to run the TQ 16 in my 12th and with the lower weights of 17.5 2wd these days I was figuring it "could" work.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Legend

I am running RCShox Slipper pads I had from my days of the SC10 4x4 and they work excellent on carpet, no fade. I am assuming Mckune (sp) pads are similar and will do the job as well.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Snowdevil
Go to Petit Rc find Ryan Cav's setup it works great on carpet. Pistons are machined 1.6 1.7 and yes they make a difference. lots of extra parts from there to make it really go, brass front steal plate, sway front and back. Once its done it really cooks!
this one?

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...gring20160429/
Old 11-18-2016, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[IMG][/IMG]
Made a quick tower brace up. I have cracked a couple on the narrow area where the shock bolts up. This should give it a little more more strength

Last edited by roysays; 11-18-2016 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Put wrong address in post
Old 11-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roysays
[IMG][/IMG]
Made a quick tower brace up. I have cracked a couple on the narrow area where the shock bolts up. This should give it a little more more strength
it also keeps dirt out of your holes
Old 11-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This is the setup I use on carpet minus the brass bulkhead. I took it off, car nosed to much. But great carpet setup
Old 11-18-2016, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott R
I run the brass front bulkhead, and the lighter of the two AE Lipo weights
I run steel weights in both spots. Cavs setup minus brass bulkhead. Run on high bite carpet Offroad track. Car is Fast and handles great. Battery all the way back. White spring on rear, 1 lighter than cavs setup.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's it I make little changes and go back to it and it's great. I run the brass and steel plate springs pistons sway.... its solid on eos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.